Tell us in 350 words for a chance to win prizes!
JPay wants to know what Video Visitation means to you! Whether you’ve had a video chat with your incarcerated loved one, or if you only wish it was offered at your loved one’s facility, we want to hear from you!
This contest is open for submissions between now and Friday, May 17th, 2013. Winners will be announced the following week here on this blog.
Just fill out the form here, and in the final box describe what Video Visitation means to you in 350 words or less. The three best submissions will be eligible to win the following:
1st Prize: A $25 Gift Card
2nd Prize: One free Video Visit (or, if Video Visitation is not available, a $10 Gift Card)
3rd Prize: Five free JPay stamps (or, if JPay Email is not available, a $5 Gift Card)
The top three submissions will also be published on the JPay blog and posted on the JPay Facebook fan page. Winning essays will be selected by JPay based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and artistic excellence
- Adherence to theme (what does Video Visitation mean to you?)
- Technical merit (readability)
Please review the terms and conditions of this contest below. We look forward to reading your submissions!
1. Description of the Contest: The “What Does Video Visitation Mean to You” Essay Contest (the “Contest”) is brought to you by JPay Inc. (“JPay”) and gives entrants (“Entrants”) the opportunity to submit written work of their own creation (“Submission”). Three (3) prizes will be awarded to three (3) Entrants whose submissions JPay judges as superior. JPay will select the three (3) Entrants who will receive prizes.
2. Eligibility: No purchase is necessary to enter. Entrants must be 18 years old to enter and must be United States residents. Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees of JPay and their immediate families are not eligible.
3. How to Enter: This Contest begins at 4:00 p.m. EST on Thursday, April 25, 2013, and ends on 4:00 p.m. EST, Friday, May 17, 2013. Winners will be announced on the JPay Blog and JPay’s Facebook Fanpage during the week of May 20th, 2013. To enter a Submission, go to the JPay Blog http://blog.jpay.com/ and complete the submission form. The Submission must be your own original work, created solely by you. In the event the Submission is not created solely by you, you represent and warrant that you are authorized by the holder of the copyright in the Submission to enter this Contest and make the representations and grant the rights described herein on behalf of the copyright owner. The Submission must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
4. The Submission must not contain or reference any names, products or services of any company or entity or any third party trademarks, logos, trade dress or promotion of any brand, product or service.
5. Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, disparaging, defamatory, libelous or Submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate content or objectionable material in any way may not be submitted and may be removed at any time in JPay’s sole and unfettered discretion.
The decisions of JPay on this and all matters pertaining to this Contest shall be final and binding.
6. Entrants agree to indemnify and hold JPay harmless from and against any suits, claims, losses, damages and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees that may arise from or in connection with any Entrant’s Submission and the use and/or display of an Entrant’s Submission.
7. Prizes and Value: The three (3) Submissions judged superior according to contest criteria are eligible to win one of three prizes: a $25.00 Gift Card; one (1) free Video Visit through JPay’s Video Visitation system OR a $10.00 Gift Card; and five (5) free JPay Stamps OR a $5.00 Gift Card. Gift Card Prizes will be delivered by prepaid package service to the home address of the winner within the United States. JPay prizes (Video Visitation credits and Stamps) will be credited to the winner’s JPay account. Each winner must verify his/her address by faxing a copy of his/her driver’s license to JPay. The Prize must be claimed within 30 days of notification from JPay. Any unclaimed Prizes will be forfeited. Submitting an Entry shall be deemed permission for JPay to contact you with Contest results and other promotional material. Prizes are non-transferable.
8. Entry Errors: JPay shall not be responsible for Submissions that are lost or not received for any reason, including but not limited to technical malfunctions, misplacement, negligence, and/or natural or man-made disasters.
9. Publicity Release: By posting a Submission, an Entrant represents that he/she has complied with all Contest rules. In addition, by posting a Submission, the winner authorizes the use of the winner’s name, photograph, or other likeness, biographical information, statements about the contest or JPay, and the contest Submission without compensation for purposes of advertising, promotion and merchandising and grants all rights in the Submission to JPay. The winner must execute a document confirming the above upon request.
10. Hold Harmless: By participating, you agree to hold harmless JPay Inc., its agents, officers, and employees from any liability resulting from your involvement in this contest and, where applicable, the subsequent use of your Submission.
11. Odds of winning are undeterminable.
12. This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.