Update Your iOS JPay App

Hello iOS JPay App Users! You probably saw this screen as we’ve updated the JPay app!  Please upgrade to the newest version so you can enjoy all the products and services available through the app!  The old version will not be supported, so you won’t be able to access JPay services if you don’t upgrade to the newest iOS version. Thanks!

Link for iOS App Store:    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jpay/id584959322

September 4, 2019 - 9:49 am

Hello Jess – We apologize for the delayed email notification. We have forwarded the issue you reported for further review and we believe there should be a resolution soon. Thanks!

September 4, 2019 - 9:48 am

Hello Angela – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

3. Angela Mitchell

September 4, 2019 - 3:01 am

I am trying to update My jpay what I need to do so I can communicate with my brother.

4. jess

September 3, 2019 - 6:57 pm

i keep getting notifications that i have emails but nothing is in my inbox. i’ve called and emailed JPay and nothing not liking this update that doesn’t work. i have deleted the app and re-download and still nothing. can someone please help!

5. Nicole Wade

September 2, 2019 - 5:12 am

There has been a few times i get a notification that i have an email but when i check theres nothing there! Why is that? Haven’t received a email in almost a month and that’s not normal

6. Watisa

August 30, 2019 - 6:29 pm

I’ve been sending my child’s father pictures and jpay have been saying they have been sent but he hasn’t received any of them it’s been over a week since they were sent and all my pictures are appropriate pictures. I’m not understanding why stamps are being taken from my account saying sent when I send them to him but he’s not receiving any of the pictures.

7. Michaun

August 29, 2019 - 1:48 pm

Why does my JPay app on my iOS keep saying I have a new message notification and when I open the app there isn’t one but the number in my messages in the inbox and outbox numbers are going down a message? My app is Up to date as well

August 29, 2019 - 11:04 am

Hello Helen – The update that is available for the app is for IOS users. You can however, ensure that your phone is updated by visiting your devices settings. Thanks!

August 29, 2019 - 11:03 am

Hello Helen – The JPay app update that is available, is for IOS users. Thanks!

10. Helen Larson

August 28, 2019 - 10:41 pm

Samsung Galaxy J3 Mission powered by Android cell phone. I asked if I need to update my cell phone. I received a response that I may have already asked the question. I don’t believe so. Seems to me, this is the first time I saw the e-mail. I don’t want to miss any calls. Am I alright with my phone.

11. Helen Larson

August 28, 2019 - 10:37 pm

I have a Samsung Android version 7.0 cell phone. Do I need to do anything on my cell to update?

August 26, 2019 - 9:54 am

Hi Maria – We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble using the JPay app. Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please let us know. Thanks!

13. Maria

August 26, 2019 - 1:35 am

I have been a jpay customer for a couple years now. All of a sudden I am no longer able to access the app. I am using the current version. I am an iPhone user and have the current jpay update and still nothing. I have reached out to customer service SEVERAL times only to be told ‘it’s your phone ma’am. I have written to jpay support with no solution. I keep getting the error message ‘unable to complete the request at this time” every time I try to log Into the app. I have changed the password and still nothing.

I am forced to using the jpay service on the regular website instead of the app and it’s a pain and inconvenient using it on the phone. It won’t accept any of my attachments, saying “ sorry cannot accept an attachment of this size”. It’s a regular photo taken with an iPhone.

I have spent a lot of money with jpay but I no longer will until this app is fixed. I have been using western union to send money to my loved one.

This is ridiculous jpay. From what I hear I am not the only one with this issue. Please fix it!!

August 21, 2019 - 8:10 am

Hi Catherine – The update that is available s for IOS users. If you have an iPhone, go to your App store to update the app. Thanks!

15. Catherine Franklin

August 20, 2019 - 3:26 pm

How do I update? Not sure if I have or not

August 19, 2019 - 1:54 pm

Hello Laura – The update is available for IOS users. Thanks!

17. LAURA YON

August 19, 2019 - 3:08 am

Does my jpay need updating on my galaxy 8

August 16, 2019 - 8:15 am

Hello Adrienne – If you are an iPhone user, the JPay app is available for your IOS software. Thanks!

19. Adrienne Brent

August 16, 2019 - 5:57 am

Just what to update my jpay

August 15, 2019 - 8:47 am

Hello Mellissa – It is always a pleasure to assist you in any way we can!

21. Mellissa Parks

August 14, 2019 - 4:08 pm

August 14, 2019 - 12:44 pm

Hello – Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

23. The One

August 14, 2019 - 12:21 am

Im trying to figure out whats going on with my account as well because i havent been able to get my messages in MONTHS and i called AND updated my APP when the latest version came out. And now i cant get in touch with my fam and I DONT UNDERSTAND WHY!!!

August 13, 2019 - 9:52 am

Hi Tom – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. It is possible that the number is not being entered correctly. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

25. Tom

August 12, 2019 - 7:42 am

I have been sending money to a friend who is an inmate at Tucson prison for a couple of years, but over that time I have tried multiple times, and been unable to send money to a second friend in the same facility, because his name and number are not found. Can you tell me why this is, and what can be done to correct the issue? As additional information, I was successful one time in sending my second friend money using MoneyGram, but their system is so confusing that I have never been able to get it to work a second time. Confused and hoping for a solution, Tom

August 6, 2019 - 11:47 am

Hello Holly – We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble using the app. We were unable to verify your JPay account using the attached information. To receive email notification, you must opt in to confirm. This setting may have changed after the update. Log into your account, go to My Account, and enter your email address where it reads “Opt-in to receive notification. If the problem persists, please let us know. Thanks!

August 6, 2019 - 11:28 am

Hello Dewayne – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We did review your account and can confirm that this was an honest over sight. The block was removed from your account, as your claim is valid. As a customer courtesy ten (10) stamps credited Successfully to your account! You will not have account access until 48 hours from now 8/8/2019. Thanks!

28. Dewayne

August 5, 2019 - 9:40 pm

Just letting you know, I’ve been a happy customer with Jpay for a long time until recently. Around July 13th I used jpay to make a transaction which did not go through (it read failed at the transactions end). I resent the Payment which worked like a charm until I checked my balance and found out I was double charged. The payment that failed came off my credit card. When I called jpay multilple times I was told it was my credit card who was responsible for the issue. I had my credit card company investigate and they found in my favor . Of course they did as Jpay double charged me. This is where it gets good. I called Jpay to do another transaction as after that glitch in the software I won’t do the app anymore. Well I was told my account had been BLOCKED and would remain so until I paid back what the credit card credited back!!!!! When I explained this to the jaypay tech she didn’t care at all but provided me an address where I could dispute the charge. What a mess. All I have to say is THANK GOD I didn’t have the $225 payment I usually send screw up like this or Jpay would have had an extra $225 to play with and I would have been screwed. If it were me even with a new app I would call and have the operator enter it . Therefore if something god forbid happens to you you can remedy IT RIGHT AWAY. Thanks for reading.

29. Holly manfrrdo

August 4, 2019 - 6:44 am

Is anyone else having a issue with the app? Ever since I updated the app it will not login or even start? I’ve tried uninstall and reinstall and still nothing? Can i get the old version back that one worked great! I love the app because me and my husband write constantly on here bug i no longer get a new mail notification and have to use the website! If anyone knows a fix please let me know thanks

August 1, 2019 - 10:49 am

Hello Scott – Thank you for your feedback regarding the update!

August 1, 2019 - 10:48 am

hello Lolann – Please be advised that your message was sent to JPay.com/Blog. If we can assist you with any questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks!

32. Lolann Spearman

July 31, 2019 - 10:10 pm

I miss my son Chevy with all my heart God plz let him come hone this year amen

33. Scott Haneda

July 31, 2019 - 3:22 pm

I LURVE this version. Launch the app, it immediately shuts down finally!!!

*No more frustration with bugs in the app.
    *Keeps iOS tidy with one less app running.
    *No more memory leaks.
    *No more runaway threads from libraries.
    *New never need to update again feature.

July 29, 2019 - 1:33 pm

Hello Gina – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

35. Gina G Erwin

July 28, 2019 - 10:08 pm

Hello, I am wondering what is it about the JPay app that I cannot connect through the app. I have all my updates, And for whatever reason 95% of the time if I try to logon through the app I am not able to log on. It just keeps saying, loading. The only way I am able to logon is going through JPay.com.

July 25, 2019 - 9:42 am

Hello Eileen – Please be advised that your message was sent to JPay.com/Blog. If we can assist you with any questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks!

July 25, 2019 - 9:41 am

July 25, 2019 - 9:34 am

Hello Mary – We are sorry for any confusion. You do not need to change the location. Once JPay receives the updated information from the facility, it will automatically be updated. Our records show that he is currently at Allen Correctional Institution (ACI). Thanks!

39. Mary stump

July 25, 2019 - 12:00 am

My son was moved to another facility and at that particular location he has alot more options.I updated and the new version isn’t working.Also i can’t find where i change to where he is currently located. I’m frustrated and it shouldn’t be this hard to change a location.I’m missing out on a lot.so is he.please help.

40. Eileen Tracy

July 24, 2019 - 8:51 pm

comment from yahoo

41. Eileen Tracy

July 24, 2019 - 8:50 pm

not so short comment

July 24, 2019 - 2:17 pm

Hello Lisa – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

July 24, 2019 - 2:16 pm

Hello Lisa – We are sorry for the delay and any confusion this may have caused. Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

44. Lisa Thomas

July 24, 2019 - 3:28 am

Hi!!
    Is there a new JPay update?? I can’t log in due to an update available but when I go to the App Store there is no actual update available but I can’t log in.

45. Lisa Thomas

July 24, 2019 - 3:23 am

Hi!
    I’m trying to log in to my JPay app but it says there’s an update available but when I go to update it doesn’t do anything and if I try to log in without going to the update it tells me I can’t log in.

July 23, 2019 - 1:28 pm

Hello Teresa – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Both payments you initiated on 7/22/2019 for the amount of $75.00 were successfully processed. Thanks!

July 23, 2019 - 1:04 pm

Hi Tatiana – Thank you for your interest in our products and services. If you have a credit or debit card with a Visa or Master logo, you can send money to your loved ones who are incarcerated. The money can take 24-72 hours to be processed. Thanks!

48. Tataiana

July 23, 2019 - 3:01 am

Hey I’m from New Zealand. Can I still send money over to the states and how long does it take for the inmate to receive it??
    Thanks Tatiana

49. Teresa Lynn Pankalla

July 22, 2019 - 6:05 pm

I was transferring funds to #12658937 Lawrence S McCandless and after entering my debit card number I realized the address associated with the new debit card was our previous address. I went back and changed the address to our current address of 33782 Bellinger Scale Rd, Lebanon, OR 97355. I checked payment history and realized both $$ transfers went through. I’m not sure my bank will accept the transaction with our previous address of 37121 Alexander Rd. Philomath, OR 97370. If that transaction is declined, please process the transaction with 33782 Belliinger Scale Rd Lebanon, OR 97355

July 22, 2019 - 3:26 pm

Hello Vikki – We apologize for any confusion. At this time you can only attach an eCard in Missouri Department of Corrections via email. However, you can attach a photo through the Snap’n Send option which is also available from the JPay mobile app. Thanks!