Update Your iOS JPay App

Hello iOS JPay App Users! You probably saw this screen as we’ve updated the JPay app!  Please upgrade to the newest version so you can enjoy all the products and services available through the app!  The old version will not be supported, so you won’t be able to access JPay services if you don’t upgrade to the newest iOS version. Thanks!

Link for iOS App Store:    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jpay/id584959322

1. Kiki

May 23, 2019 - 5:02 am

I am receiving delayed emails again. I reported my concerns about this before, it was fixed when unistalled and reinsralled the update. Now emails are coming in verrrrry delayed. Please help me.

2. Melissa

May 23, 2019 - 2:32 am

Why is Algoa rejecting his emails when he’s not in Algoa any more? Which means he’s not even getting my emails!! And I’ve done the updates when it says to.

May 22, 2019 - 2:19 pm

Hi Michael – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with these issues. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:16 pm

Hi Amanda – Please ask your friend to submit a “Trouble Ticket” through the kiosk and Customer Service will help him directly. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:15 pm

Hi Amanda – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative to learn more about photo restrictions. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:13 pm

Hi Val – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look into the issues you’ve described. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:12 pm

Hi Denise – Please email the details to support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:12 pm

Hi Latosha – We’re sorry to hear this. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help troubleshoot your app issue. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:11 pm

Hi Doris – Incarcerated loved ones cannot access the internet, therefore they cannot access this blog. Thanks.

May 22, 2019 - 2:10 pm

Hi Jill – Please verify that you have the latest version of the JPay app. This issue was just recently fixed. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:09 pm

Hi Jolene – We are always working to improve our technology. If you are not satisfied with your experience, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:09 pm

Hi Toni – Please visit http://www.JPay.com to create a JPay account. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:07 pm

Hi Meagan – Please make sure you have the latest version of the JPay app. Then, please uninstall and reinstall the app. That should fix the issue. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:03 pm

Hi Russell – We’re sorry to hear this, however this is a Customer Service issue! Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative when you have a moment. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 1:59 pm

Hi Jaci – We apologize for the inconvenience! Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with the purchase of stamps. Thanks!

16. Jaci Whitlow

May 22, 2019 - 1:19 pm

It won’t let me buy stamps I get an error payment declined

17. Mahsheed tabatabaee

May 18, 2019 - 11:50 pm

I am so happy having JPay account on line and I am able to get emails from my son and sending money Via media Account! But since 3 months until now I am not able to send any money to my son even my family! I hope JPay find a solution very soon to stop suffering a mother! Thanks

18. Russell

May 18, 2019 - 10:46 pm

My inmate friend has been trying to email me via JPay, but nothing is getting through to me anymore. I am paying for this service but not getting what I am paying for. I sent an email to you, but you did not respond. My life partner called you because she is having the same problem with her account. What is it going to take to get this problem fixed?

19. Meagan

May 15, 2019 - 3:18 pm

I have the app. It worked great for like two weeks and then all of a sudden it just stopped working. What do I do??

20. Ramona Lee

May 15, 2019 - 11:14 am

Why don’t the tablets have an anti-virus on them? That’s the least you can do is provide this since you can’t control where the downloads (music, etc.) comes from. We should not have to pay for another tablet, which is what’s going to happen over and over again because of Trojans and viruses. The last you can do is let them download AVG, which is something you don’t have to pay for and neither do they.

21. Toni Burd

May 14, 2019 - 6:45 am

How do I jpay an inmate?

22. Jolene

May 13, 2019 - 8:01 pm

I am disappointed with the way the video visiting is, I am doing everything from New York and I spent the money to not be able to hear him and sometimes the screen would freeze up. Is there a way you can make this better for the next visit?

23. JILL

May 13, 2019 - 12:05 pm

My app doesn’t notify me anymore when I get an email or videogram. It’s been like this for MONTHS and MONTHS. I’ve even deleted the app and redownloaded …..still nothing.

24. Doris

May 13, 2019 - 11:15 am

My name is doris clayton, Tracey E Beamon is my son. inmate#354227
    call me if you can at 425-225-6844 I need to here from you. Love mom

25. Latosha Smith

May 11, 2019 - 10:50 pm

I have a iPhone 8 Plus and I can not get the Jpay app to work what can I do

26. Denise

May 11, 2019 - 6:26 am

Hi since they’ve put another kiosh at the correctional facility it takes at least 4 to 5 hours or even the next day before I can receive an email from my love one. I’ve reported this previously, the issue was corrected immediately now, I’m having the same issue. This is very frustrating, would you resolve the matter please.

27. Val

May 10, 2019 - 10:36 pm

When I try attach a photo to my letter it shows the attachment on the screen but when I proceed to purchase (including a return stamp) it only show the cost of 2 stamps (not 3 stamps) and my photos don’t go through? Why are my photos not going thru? Tks

28. Amanda

May 9, 2019 - 12:29 am

Im sooooooo sick of getting this message The attachment of your loved one’s letter was discarded.
    I’m not sending anything wrong I’m sending my soon to be husband ultrasound pictures of our unborn child. What is sooooooooo wrong with that?? Yall let his cellmates get 1\2 naked pics of chicks but yet dont let ultrasound pictures go through?? WTF WHY IS THAT???

29. Amanda

May 8, 2019 - 9:37 pm

My friend just got his jp5 mini today, it wont bring up his emails or pics!!

30. paul

May 8, 2019 - 10:49 am

Not sure whats going on with JPay but have not been able to receive or send emails in 4 days. The site will not let me go to the email section. Have called 2 times but get no help. Looks like they don’t mind selling you stamps but then you can’t use them.

May 8, 2019 - 10:39 am

Hi Miranda – It depends on where your brother is located and if the service is available. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

32. Miranda Slankard

May 8, 2019 - 9:23 am

How can I send a picture (electronically) to my brother?

33. Rob

May 7, 2019 - 9:37 pm

Below is the response I received from JPayJT on May 6, 2019 – 11:58 am.

“Hi Rob – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tablet inquiries should be submitted using the kiosk by the individual. A representative, will get to and address ticket inquiry soon. Thanks!”

Well then JPayJT you are no help at all once so ever. I specifically stated our family member has submitted 3 (THREE) individual tickets for the SAME issue since 24 March….The JPAY JP5 is UNABLE to sink to the facility kiosk and is INOPERABLE, basically the JP5 tablet is an overpriced paperweight with abysmal customer service and technical assistance.

I have filed a complain with the BBB on the inoperable tablet provided by JPAY as well as the lack of customer service and support provided by JPAY.

I will be contacting my state Senator for further action since no one at JPAY seems to listen or is capable of working a trouble ticket properly.

34. George McCafferty

May 7, 2019 - 3:48 pm

35. Herbert Alexander

May 7, 2019 - 2:33 pm

The new web page is not working. I can not get the ap to work

36. MICHAEL GAUGHAN

May 7, 2019 - 12:17 pm

I had the old JPay app loaded on my phone. It allowed me to send 30 sec video clips of my grandchildren to their father in prison. In upgrading to the new app, the video function was no longer available. It was something my son and his children truly enjoyed. What can I do to have that video function renewed? His mother’s phone has the same problem after the “upgrade”.

Thank you for providing the other services which are working just fine.

37. Jasmine Brown

May 7, 2019 - 11:37 am

When will the new tablet be available at Allen correctional facility

38. Jasmine Brown

May 7, 2019 - 11:33 am

I dont receive notifications that I have an email from my love one and also my love one will send me an email in the morning and I dont get it til hours later

May 7, 2019 - 10:44 am

Hi Mary – We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble. Please let us know who you are sending to for further review. Thanks!

40. mary e phillips

May 7, 2019 - 10:33 am

I can send emails, but all of a sudden I cant send money, media funds or buy stamps, it just keeps coming up with error will not let go any further. but I can call in and for one dollar they can do it. please help with this. thanks mary phillips

May 7, 2019 - 9:34 am

Hi Steven – We apologize for the delayed email notification. We have forwarded the issue you reported for further review and we believe there should be a resolution soon. Thanks!

42. Steven

May 7, 2019 - 9:27 am

I’m told I have an email; however, every time I log in, it’s not there.
    Please advise what happened to the email that was sent my my loved one!!

May 7, 2019 - 9:00 am

Hi Maria – JPay does not offer Pen Pal services. We are not sure how you would go about starting your own blog. Thanks!

May 7, 2019 - 8:58 am

Hi Tracy – We apologize for the delayed email notification. We have forwarded the issue you reported for further review and we believe there should be a resolution soon. Thanks!

45. Tracy

May 6, 2019 - 10:24 pm

I am getting email notifications that I have a new message in JPay, however when I log in there are no messages. I am waiting 5-7 days at a time to finally receive my loved ones emails. This is so frustrating and I don’t know what to do. All I want is to receive my loved ones emails in a reasonable time frame.

May 6, 2019 - 2:30 pm

Hi Tomeika – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have forwarded the issue you have reported for further review. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 2:29 pm

Hi Lindsay – Please contact the Indiana Department of corrections or the referenced vendor. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 1:52 pm

Hi Laura – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tablet inquiries should be submitted using the kiosk by the individual. A representative, will get to and address your loved ones ticket inquiry soon. Once he approve their terms and condition, the option will become available for him to purchase a new player. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 1:50 pm

Hi Wendy – Is this happening when you attempt to email everyone on your list or is it for a particular individual. Please let us know. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 1:35 pm

Hi James – The discrepancy with sending money is because of how your name is listed. On the individuals approved list, your name is listed as James Flanagan. On your JPay account it is listed as James A Flanagan. Simply log into your JPay account and remove the middle initial. Once you do this, you can proceed to send your loved one money. Thanks!