Prisoners Sending E-Cards Actually Makes A Lot Of Sense

Thought e-cards were a thing of the past? Think again. Filling a void found in many prisons, JPay has made digital greeting cards “en vogue” again. Pick a design, customize a message, attach to an email –and you’ve got instantaneous communication versus traditional mail. For about 35 cents each, less than the cost of an envelope and stamp, incarcerated individuals and their loved ones can choose from about 30 designs – making saying “I Miss You” or “Happy Birthday” faster and a whole lot easier.

Read the full article

1. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 2:26 pm

Hi Anthony- You can check the status of your email and money sent online at http://www.jpay.com. If you have specific questions, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day!

2. anthony Delane mundine

August 29, 2016 - 11:19 am

I have written my brother twice and sent him money. I just want to know some kind of way if he is receiving before I send again. is there something you can install to send a letter received like an email?

3. Angelina Gallegos

August 23, 2016 - 3:23 am

Hi. Hope all is good Benny. Angie

4. lfb

July 3, 2016 - 9:08 pm

I hope to use this system to communicate more often,and find out how b,s daughter is doing
    and I look forward to communicating threw video and maybe see my inmate and maybe even talk to her threw a computer video cam.

5. Denise

June 20, 2016 - 3:45 pm

I love being able to send e-cards to my daughter, but I also think there should be more of a selection in each category.

6. Paula mae

June 19, 2016 - 1:34 pm

I love getting mail and cards from my loved ones my brother my husband’s and friends, it makes us smile because we know we r on each other’s minds and in hearts thanks jpay

7. Darlene Elrod

June 16, 2016 - 6:59 pm

I love this my son is an inmate in western Kentucky for pv I am so depressed and your jpay is a good thing I get to hear from more through email I am a widow and I can’t send money to him alot so I email from my phone and laptop I love this page alot of good people who are in a similar situation and I have hope for him to get out and stay strong enough to be a part of his son’s life they have a beautiful 2 yr old son and she’s 4 weeks away from the birth of a new one a boy and I am so blessed to have them just hope my son is settled down to be able to take care of his family.😊

8. Sherrylee Noel

June 15, 2016 - 5:24 am

I feel that this is a wonderful things that make the offenders feel whole. It gives them the sense of belonging to express how they feeling at that given moments and makes them feel like they are not forgotten. I feel that this should be in all prisons in the USA. Keep up the good work JPay.

9. Tammy Edwards

June 5, 2016 - 8:01 am

My fiance sends them to me a lot. It really means a lot to him, to send them to me, as well as it does to me receiving them from him. Even just a few precious words from the man I love, means so very much to me.

10. Veronica

May 19, 2015 - 8:52 am

They’re great but please add more of a selection for each category.
    If I’m paying for them, I want more of a selection. My inmate friends do not speak Spanish.
    Thanks

11. Talesha Brasfield

May 3, 2015 - 12:04 am

E cards are a really good idea i’m glad j pay upgrades. Its a great way for inmates to send friends and family greetings without them having to wait a week before sending there loved ones special words for special ocasions. Its Also easier for the senders as well.

12. Natalie

April 16, 2015 - 7:46 pm

The attachments were e-cards that’s cool.

13. Natalie

April 16, 2015 - 7:44 pm

My hubby is at Sussex2 in Va. They just started the e-mail thing today. I sent him an e-mail and attachments, he emailed me back that he received everything fine. Thanks a lot that was fast. I was told it would at least take 24 to 48hours.

14. Editor

April 9, 2015 - 1:28 pm

Hi Tina- Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm in bringing Video Visits to the state of Kentucky. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state. The Kentucky Department of Corrections will actually decide when to bring Video Visits to your loved one’s facility. At this time we do not have a specific date for when more services will be added, but we will make sure to communicate any updates. Have a great day!

15. tina

April 5, 2015 - 6:53 am

When will video visitation be available at L.S.C.C in Kentucky

16. carla self

March 30, 2015 - 7:33 pm

this is so cool to be able to email my honey.

17. Editor

March 26, 2015 - 3:21 pm

Hi Julie- JPay email is currently not available for facilities in the state of Oklahoma. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state. We apologize for the inconvenience but we will make sure to keep your posted on any updates at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

18. Editor

March 26, 2015 - 3:19 pm

Hi Kelly- VideoGrams and Video Visitation are currently not available for facilities in the state of Michigan. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state. We apologize for the inconvenience but we will make sure to keep your posted on any updates at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

19. Editor

March 26, 2015 - 3:15 pm

Hi Chelsey- If VideoGrams are available at your loved one’s facility, you can view and send videos via the JPay app. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

20. sherry earley

March 26, 2015 - 8:30 am

Thank you for the great communication of service’s to keep loved ones close and connected with dignity and care in Our Lord’s Mercy. God Bless your works and staff that you may endeavor without measure with grace to see God’s Mercy. Thank you.

21. Chelsey

March 26, 2015 - 6:40 am

I’m trying to get my husbands videos or pictures he as sent me how do I receive them? Or how do I send him a 30sec video??

22. Kelly K.

March 23, 2015 - 6:07 pm

Just wondering if VideoChat or grams will be available in MI? My husband is at OCF, I seen other people talk about video chatting but its never been an option for me and with him being 14 hours away one way there is no way for me to beable to take time off work to go on a visit so this feature will he a huge help with my situation so I was just wondering if you knew if this would be an option now or anytime in the future?

23. Julie Woods

March 22, 2015 - 7:52 pm

My brother is in William S Keys prison in Ft Supply Ok do they have email service there?

24. Tiffani

March 1, 2015 - 11:38 pm

I just wanted to say thank you Jpay! My husband has been gone for 14 months-And being able to send him e-cards/letters with pictures of his family has made it a little easier on well the both of us. I even wrote him a letter sun-thur for several months-and it made me feel as if he was still home-weird I know-I was 3 months pregnant when he was sentenced(so not expected we were told he was going to get isp) and because of japy-we were able to cerebrate the birth of our baby boy together in our own special way! We have 60 days left until he’s home-and it’s exciting! Again-thank you for helping me keep in touch with my husband-during this time!

25. Editor

February 27, 2015 - 4:51 pm

Hi Anna,

We’re glad to hear you are interested in reaching out to your loved one. If email is available at your loved one’s facility, please follow the steps below to send them an email via the JPay website (www.jpay.com):

1.) First, you need to create a JPay account at https://www.jpay.com/login.aspx. If you already have an account, just log in.

2.) When you log into your account, select ‘Email’ in the top menu and ‘Buy Stamps’ in the left menu. When sending an email, you must purchase electronic stamps. Without these stamps, you will not be able to send an email.

3.) To create and send an email, select ‘Compose’ in the left menu under ‘Email’. Some prisons even allow you to attach a photo or short 30-second video along with your email. Attachments cost additional stamps. If these options are available at your loved one’s prison, you can add them on the ‘Compose’ page.

4.) If you would like your loved one to respond, please make sure to include your mailing address in your email so they can send you a physical letter.

5.) If you need further assistance, you can email us back on Facebook or you can call customer service at 800-574-5729. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year. Have a great day!

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

26. Anna

February 20, 2015 - 8:09 pm

id really like to be able to email my family member due to having physical issues writing using the computer is much easier for the carpo-tunnel that I have … id like to see this option avail it be nice ..

27. Editor

February 18, 2015 - 3:12 pm

Hi Karen –

VideoGrams have been temporarily suspended in Ohio. We are hoping to have this service restored to you as soon as possible. All previously sent VideoGrams will be reviewed for content and delivered once the service has been reactivated. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we thank you for your patience and understanding at this time. We are working with the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction to make VideoGrams available again quickly.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

28. Editor

February 18, 2015 - 3:11 pm

Hi T Knight –

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

29. Karen

February 18, 2015 - 2:59 pm

ODRC Marion had VideoGrams available and now they are gone. What happened?

30. Editor

February 18, 2015 - 2:31 pm

Hi Josie –

Please be aware that we are constantly striving to bring new products and services to every state and facility. We will make sure to keep you posted on any updates for the state of Pennsylvania. Currently, E-Cards are not available. You can also visit the following page https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to determine services and products available by state and facility.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a great day!

31. Josie

February 18, 2015 - 9:03 am

When will anything besides email and money transfer be available at SCI Chester? I don’t think I can send e-Cards or can I?

32. T Knight

February 18, 2015 - 2:24 am

Hello, the VideoGram was just approved in Ohio but my fiancé tried to send me one and all I see is that I got a VideoGram from him, but there’s no video. When I tried to send a reply video, it didn’t go through and it took my stamps away. Can you please tell me how do I see the message he sent, and why can’t he see my message?

33. Editor

February 16, 2015 - 11:35 am

Hi Tina –

Please be aware that we are constantly striving to bring new products and services to every state and facility. We will make sure to keep you posted on any updates for the state of Pennsylvania. You can also visit the following page https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to determine services and products available by state and facility.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a great day!

34. Heather

February 15, 2015 - 12:27 pm

Thank you so much for JPay. It is a God send! My nephew is in Mansfield, Ohio and I can keep in constant touch with him as well as send him money, music, pictures, cards, stamps and letters. Thank you so much JPay 🙂

35. Tina

February 15, 2015 - 3:11 am

When will the JP4 be approved in SCI Rockview in PA?

36. Editor

February 13, 2015 - 2:33 pm

Hi Susan –

Please be aware that we are constantly striving to bring new products and services to every state and facility. We will make sure to keep you posted on any updates for the state of Louisiana. You can also visit the following page https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to determine services and products available by state and facility.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a great day!

37. Susan

February 13, 2015 - 2:19 am

When is Angola ever going to get video visitation? It’s a huge prison. I would have thought they would already have it? Any idea?

38. Editor

February 11, 2015 - 12:11 pm

Hi Crystal –

At BB “Sixty” Rayburn Correctional Center, you and your brother can currently send E-Cards. However, Video Visitation is still not available, but we will keep you posted when the facility offers this service.

At Angola, JPay offers Money Transfer, Email where you and your uncle can send and receive emails, JP4 Tablets as well as E-Cards.

To view all JPay’s services by facility, please visit the prison search page at http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

39. crystal

February 11, 2015 - 8:32 am

I write my brother and send him money and stamps through JPay and I know he just bought a JP4 music player. He is in a prison in Angie, Louisiana (BB “Sixty” Rayburn Correctional Center), can you tell me if and when E-Cards and video visitation may become available? It’s a three hour drive to visit him and our parents are almost eighty and not very healthy. The long trips are certainly talking their toll. Video Visitation would be such a life saver for everyone. JPay is an awesome system and I’m so grateful that it is available at so many facilities. I wish all of them would get on board with it. After all, the families did not break the law and should not be punished for their loved one’s mistakes. Things should be made easier and simpler for the families. I also have an uncle in Angola, Louisiana State Penitentiary that will never ever come home. He is my mom’s baby brother and he never gets visits because of the long trip. Can you please tell me what JPay services are available. Thank you so much for your time and your help. Have a very blessed day.

40. Editor

February 10, 2015 - 4:20 pm

Hi Kellee –

Please allow 1-2 business days for your Email to be delivered to the facility. Please be advised JPay has no control over the processing time in which it takes for your emails to be viewed, approved and distributed by the facility. Your Email will not be delivered over weekends or holidays. In addition, your loved one receives their email according to a schedule set by their facility. All emails are subject to the same rules that apply to traditional mail and can be censored. If you have further questions about a specific facility, please contact customer service at 800-574-5729.

Thank you for contacting JPay. H
    ave a wonderful day!

41. Editor

February 10, 2015 - 4:09 pm

Hi Shannon –

What state and facility are you trying to use Video Visitations?

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

42. Shannon

February 10, 2015 - 7:24 am

I love JPay because me and my friend can communicate a lot through it, but I can’t get the Video Visitation to work… Can you help me please?

43. Kellee

February 9, 2015 - 5:59 pm

I have written my bf about 8 letters, but the status still says sent. Does this mean that they have not been read yet? If so why not? It’s been 3 weeks?!

44. Editor

February 9, 2015 - 3:58 pm

Hi Melissa –

Currently, you can only send money to your loved one at the Wasco State Prison. Email services are currently not available, but please be aware that we are constantly striving to bring new products and services to every state and facility. We will make sure to keep you posted on any updates for the state of California. You can also visit the following page https://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to determine services and products available by state and facility.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a great day!

45. Editor

February 9, 2015 - 3:55 pm

Hi Penny –

Currently, you can send money to your loved one at the Sumter Prison in Florida. Tablets and E-cards are currently not available, but please be aware that we are constantly striving to bring new products and services to every state and facility. We will make sure to keep you posted on any updates for the state of Florida.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a great day!

46. penny

February 8, 2015 - 7:05 pm

Hello – I was just wondering if the Sumter Prison in Florida has JPay and if so which features does this facility offer? I would like to send my bf one of the tablets and maybe some E-Cards. Please let me know. Thank you!

Penny

47. melissa

February 7, 2015 - 5:57 pm

Hello – I am trying to send my nephew an email and he is temporarily at California’s Wasco State Prison. Every time I click on the email section, the site redirects me to the money transfer page. How do I know if his facility allows email?

48. Editor

February 6, 2015 - 10:14 am

Hi Jennifer –

Your BF has the ability to send you emails, but currently the facility does not offer E-Cards. We will keep you posted on when they become available.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

49. Editor

February 6, 2015 - 9:53 am

Hi Brianna –

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please contact customer service at 800-574-5729 so they review your account and determine why your loved one didn’t receive your email.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!