One JPay, One Stamp

Happy JPay StampsJPay makes all stamps ‘forever’ stamps

JPay stamps will no longer expire, regardless of facility, DOC, or agency.  Going forward, any stamp purchased by a customer to send an email, add an attachment, or provide an inmate with a prepaid reply will not expire.

JPay has used digital “stamps” for years for its inmate email service.  In the most common case, customers purchase a stamp in order to send an email to their loved one – provided, of course, that their loved one is in a state or county facility that allows JPay emails.  Photo attachments (which are available at certain facilities) also cost one stamp, as do other attachments.  Inmates must use a stamp – either purchased by their friend or family member as a prepaid reply, or purchased with funds from their inmate trust account – to respond via email.  JPay stamps are the backbone of the JPay email system, and are what make one of the most popular corrections-related services possible at all.

The price of one stamp ranges, but most are around $0.40 – $0.50.  Stamps are often also sold in bulk, with discounts for 20 or 50 stamp blocks.  And until last week, some stamps had to be used within a certain period of time, or they would simply expire.

A ‘forever’ stamp option has always been available to all customers, but for those customers who also had the option of purchasing stamps with expiration dates, this could present a dilemma.  Should the customer purchase expiring stamps at a discount, knowing if they didn’t use them within a month they would disappear?  Or should they buy the slightly more expensive ‘forever’ stamps, that they could use at any time?

So JPay decided to make a change, and make the process of buying stamps the same for all of its customers.  From now on, any stamps purchased by JPay customers are ‘forever’ stamps; they can be used two days from purchase, or 20 days, or 20 months, no matter where their loved ones are housed.

This reflects JPay’s longstanding commitment to its customers.  Many JPay users expressed concerns over the stamps that expired, and the decision to get rid of expiring stamps was due in part to this feedback.  JPay has always tried to provide services that are convenient, easy-to-use, and relevant to our customers.

Having one kind of stamp for the one company that provides the widest array of corrections services to the family and friends of inmates just makes sense.  JPay believes its customers will feel the same way.

June 15, 2018 - 10:11 am

Hello – This is the JPay blog. Please send your loved one an email through your JPay account. Thanks!

2. Linssay Thornock

June 15, 2018 - 7:10 am

This is Jacob cutrell L40270 I’m not able to out money on the phone yet k love u Jake HAPPY FATHERS DAY WEEKEND

June 11, 2018 - 1:54 pm

Hi Jazel – JPay only offers inbound email in Texas, so your loved one cannot email back. Can you take a photo of the screen that shows the prepaid reply? In Texas that is not offered so the option should not be available. Please send that photo and information to Support@JPay.com so a Customer Service Representative can help. Thanks!

4. Jazel Martinez

June 8, 2018 - 3:59 am

Hi I sent an email but haven’t got a reply back but right now it gave me the choice to prepay so he can email me back I’m speaking about Texas I’m not sure if he can reply back if I pay for it? Please get back asap

April 23, 2018 - 9:21 am

Hi Sheena – We’re sorry for the inconvenience. Please call 800-574-5729 and a Customer Service Representative can help you with your payment issue. Thanks!

6. Sheena Manning

April 18, 2018 - 8:13 pm

I can’t get my visa bank card to be excepted for stamps with money on it why

7. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

February 2, 2018 - 1:39 pm

Hi Ann – What state is your loved one incarcerated in?

8. Ann

February 1, 2018 - 5:04 pm

Hi. I am curious why there is a charge. Sending emails is free no?

9. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

December 7, 2017 - 10:45 am

Hello Stephanie – Whenever JPay hosts a promotion we alert all applicable customers, so stay tuned for next time. Thanks!

10. Stephanie Adams

November 26, 2017 - 3:13 am

How can.we find out if our state.does.the free.snap.and sends.at certain times?

11. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

November 13, 2017 - 10:35 am

Hi Brenda – When a prepaid stamp is attached to your loved ones email, your loved one will only have the ability to reply to the sender of the prepaid stamp.

12. Brenda Mitchell

November 11, 2017 - 1:43 am

If you send a reply stamp when you write a letter Can they only send a reply to you or use the stamp for anyone thats on their email list?

13. Christina

October 27, 2017 - 8:28 pm

It is completely stupid that because Missouri decided to go back with you people instead of who they currently have that I now have to pay to send an email whereas I had a free one to send everyday. I read all the reports on your company and man you do just as well as the State government nickeling and diming us (the inmates and their families who are the ones that are victim to all this monetarily) to death with fees and other junk. It may take longer for him to get a written letter from me but at least I didn’t give your sorry company another dime more than I have to.

14. Sarah

September 23, 2017 - 12:15 am

15. Jade Trombetta

September 20, 2017 - 9:53 am

Hi Daria – Stamps are not free on Thursday, however in certain states, Snap n’ Send will be free. Thanks!

16. Daria L Baker

September 19, 2017 - 11:04 pm

I Just Wanna Know If Stamps Are free on Thursday cause I seen a post saying there were.

17. Editor

July 17, 2017 - 10:11 am

Hi Syrena – This varies by state. In most states you can transfer stamps or add a prepaid stamp when sending an email. Otherwise your loved one would need to purchase stamps via his/her media account. For assistance, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day1

18. Syrena

July 16, 2017 - 4:51 am

I bought stamps for myself but didn’t give me an option to by stamps from him so do we share stamps and we use them up until I buy more or do he have to purchase stamps from inside the prison to write back? I am so confused lol

19. Editor

July 14, 2017 - 1:12 pm

Hi Greg – Facilities in the state of Texas do not have JPay kiosk so your loved one will receive a print out of your email and will have to respond via postal mail.

20. Greg

July 14, 2017 - 2:05 am

I’ve sent several JPay emails and haven’t heard anything back. The state in question is TX. Not sure if an inmate can use JPay to reply to mail electronically, or if they must purchase postage stamps and use regular USPS mail. Help anyone??

21. Editor

July 12, 2017 - 9:25 am

Hi Rina – If the “Attach a Prepaid Stamp” feature is available at your loved one’s facility, you should be able to attach a stamp from the bottom of the “Compose” screen when writing a letter.

22. Rina Lee

July 11, 2017 - 10:20 pm

How can I attach a prepaid stamp to the letters I send so the inmate I’m writing to can respond?

23. Editor

July 7, 2017 - 2:05 pm

Hi Ash- This varies by state. Please click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility.

24. Ash

June 23, 2017 - 10:41 am

Is there a way I can just buy 1 or 2 stamps for now???

25. Richard

May 19, 2017 - 1:33 pm

What is good this after noon

26. Jasmine

February 9, 2017 - 9:26 am

I love jpay. It helps you stay in contact with your loved one

27. Editor

January 23, 2017 - 4:30 pm

Hi Rudolf – 6000 characters per stamp.

28. Rudolf

January 22, 2017 - 10:31 pm

How many characters can I type for one stamp?

29. Editor

September 21, 2016 - 1:07 pm

Hi Bobbie- This varies by state. Please visit the following link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

30. bobbie mechling

September 21, 2016 - 12:07 pm

How much are the stamps my husbend is about to go to the prison how long are the videos and whats the info on how may ways i can contact him

31. Editor

September 12, 2016 - 2:27 pm

Hi Leah- Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 or support@jpay.com to review your account. Have a great day!

32. Leah

September 8, 2016 - 7:32 pm

My Mastercard debt isn’t going through neither is the Mastercard prepaid travel card.. Can I use one or those prepaid Visas or something. maybe it’s my Canadian address?

33. Editor

August 23, 2016 - 1:24 pm

Hi Stefan- Not at this time. We accept prepaid Visa cards or prepaid Mastercards. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

34. Stefan Kaufmann

August 18, 2016 - 6:41 am

Hello.
    I would like to write to inmate. But i can’t buy stamp bcs i don’t have Visa or Mastercard. Is there any other way to buy stamps?

35. Editor

August 2, 2016 - 2:29 pm

Hi Richard- You can register with any Yahoo, Gmail, or Hotmail email address. Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 and they will be able to help. Have a great day!

36. Richard

August 1, 2016 - 11:49 pm

My email doesn’t seem to be a valid format for jpay. What would a valid format look like?

37. Editor

August 1, 2016 - 3:16 pm

Hi Shareka- Your loved one would not be able to send stamps. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

38. shareka mcgriff

July 29, 2016 - 10:33 pm

I see where I can send stamps, but can they send us any?!

39. Dayna Rex

July 6, 2016 - 12:47 am

How many characters in one stamp on jpay letters 6831. To be exact. This answer is good as of July 5th 2016 SO 6,831 IS MAXIMUM CHARACTER LIMIT FOR ONE STAMP!

40. vicky

June 13, 2012 - 11:46 pm

Can you send money to inmates that is in Texas prisons thru JPAY? Texas don’t allow a few things that other prisons do? But thanks for Jpay when it comes to writing.WOW

41. Liz

June 9, 2012 - 8:46 am

Hello, my questions are
    1. How much would it be for a video and how the inmate will see it?
    2. How long can the video be for minutes, seconds?
    3. How long for them to receive the email?
    4. Do they get the email on weekends?
    5. Are there specific hours that they get the email?
    6. 1 page is 1 stamp how many characters fit on a page like how do I know when to stop writing to only be charge 1 stamp.
    Thank you, sorry for all the questions but I’m sure a lot of people have the same questions.

42. Desi

June 6, 2012 - 10:35 pm

Ive heard alot of good things about this company how can we get this in NYS Doc?

43. Editor

June 7, 2012 - 8:13 am

Hi Shelyn,

Buying stamps to send emails on JPay.com is a different transaction than sending money to an inmate; the price of the stamp does not come out of the funds you wish to send to your loved one. Now, if your friend or family member is in a facility that allows inmates to REPLY, then they will have to purchase a stamp to email you back. But to answer your question, no, you don’t have to set up a separate account.

Hope this helps,
    Editor

44. SHELYN HARPE

June 6, 2012 - 9:18 pm

I AM SORRY! I MEANT WHEN BUYING STAMPS TO SEND EMAILS COME FROM THE INMATES ACCOUNT OR DO YOU HAVE TO SETUP A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

I APOLOGIZE FOR THE ERROR.

45. SHELYN HARPE

June 6, 2012 - 9:17 pm

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THE STAMPS THAT YOU PURCHASE FOR STAMPS COME FROM THE INMATES ACCOUNT OR DO YOU HAVE TO SETUP A DIFFERENT ACCOUNT.

HOPE YOU CAN REPLY

46. Editor

June 4, 2012 - 2:08 pm

struck by admin

47. Connie Mack

June 2, 2012 - 10:59 pm

HOW DO I SEND E-MAIL TO PRISON WHERE MY SON IS? I UNDERSTAND THE STAMP PRICE BUT HOW DO I BEGIN TO SEND IT? PLEASE HELP!!!!!

48. tressa lopez

June 1, 2012 - 3:50 am

i am having difficulty in buying stamps and e-mailing my son. help please! he is at ridgeland correctional, in south carolina. thanks for your assistance!

49. Carmen (fee) Tabb

May 26, 2012 - 1:17 pm

I am a lil un experienced with the whole internet/prison system, but this has encouraged me in many ways to reach out to my loved ones. Jpay even helps individuals to find lost love ones to write and keep intouch with. I really tip my hat too this service.. JPay is very reasonable also. thans

50. vicky

May 21, 2012 - 8:15 pm

I love JPay. I am able to stay in touch with my baby and my brotha in law fast. My question is can I send them some stamps and if so how do I do it? And when will they be able to do JPAY back.They are in TEXAS prisons. Please let me know and thanks a million for JPAY.

51. Editor

May 23, 2012 - 8:24 am

Hi Anita,

Yes it does. Click on the state to find out which services are available at which facilities. http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx

-Ed.

52. Anita black

May 19, 2012 - 1:55 am

Does michigan have jpay in its jails and prisons?

53. Kelsey Benoit

May 18, 2012 - 11:47 am

I am thankful for Jpay because it enables me to keep in touch with my friends that are incarcerated. I was just released from prison myself on 23 April 2012, and I am able to keep in touch with my buddies. Jpay provides a good service, and because of Jpay, I am able to quickly correspond with my buddies on important matters such as legal research and family issues. For some of the guys I am friends with, I am the only person they have who is willing to do anything for them. Jpay is a blessing, and I will continue to use the service. God bless you.

54. Editor

May 15, 2012 - 9:15 am

Hi Stephanie,

It’s one stamp for each photo attachment. Hope this helps.

-Editor

55. stephannie

May 15, 2012 - 3:01 am

hello my name is stephannie im just wondering but how many pictures can i send with one stamp as an atthachment??

56. Editor

May 9, 2012 - 8:12 am

struck by admin

57. Cassie McCullum

May 8, 2012 - 1:18 pm

Hi my name is Cassie I was wondering if someone can tell me how much the stamps are and how do I get them my husband is shelton washington and I need to get him some and if anybody knows how to do the phone thing

58. Editor

May 7, 2012 - 8:43 am

Hi Joyce,

All JPay stamps are “forever” stamps now, since they don’t expire. You can purchse stamps when you register and log into JPay.com, if your loved one is in a facility that provides JPay’s email services. Learn more here: http://www.jpay.com/pemessages.aspx

Hope this helps,
    Editor

59. Joyce Myers

May 5, 2012 - 6:59 am

JPay people, I’ve read about the forever stamp. but i don’t know how to buy them. could you please tell me.

Thank you for making jpay possible to converse with my son, i wouldn’t beable to with your site.

joyce myers