Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

March 20, 2019 - 2:44 pm

Hi Precious – Please be advised that your message was sent to JPay.com/Blog. If we can assist you with any questions or concerns please let us know. Thanks!

2. Precious

March 19, 2019 - 5:45 pm

Keep it real keep it cool. Don’t let ya praying knees get lazy 😜 ☮️ yall

March 6, 2019 - 9:15 am

Hi Gabby – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

4. Gabby

March 5, 2019 - 10:58 pm

What is going on lately? It seems like emails are taking forever (and email alerts come hours after?). The app is pure garbage honestly, but it’s the only option and that’s why we all use it but it’s frustrating to no end!! And customer support is a joke…no one responds to emails.

March 5, 2019 - 4:04 pm

Hi – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

6. TWC Time Warner Cable Login Issues

March 5, 2019 - 3:35 am

Hey, I find it difficult to receive emails. I didn’t have any problem at first when I started using the jpay app. When I was notified by email that I had a message, it was always available in my app, but it took 6plus hours to receive the email in the app since last weekend.

March 1, 2019 - 10:49 am

Hi Victor – Please be assured that the delay in delivery is not a regular occurrence. We strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

8. Victor

February 27, 2019 - 11:05 pm

I have been communicating with someone at the Ohio Reformatory for Women through Jpay for the last five years. I was very happy seeing the service get better and better with the introduction of Tablets and later WIFI over the years.

We generally sent a morning greeting to each other, an afternoon update of how our day was playing out and a good night summery of things…

Except for the occasional temporary service interruptions even the expected delays in sending and receiving the emails were for the most part acceptable and the continuity of conversations rarely disrupted.

However, last November a new condition suddenly developed whereas sent emails or received emails or both were not processed during the day for periods of time. Then late at night ALL the messages for that day were dumped all at the same time.

This condition would start and stop in random cycles continuing on to the present day of February 27th 2019. For example, the messages were all flowing normally last weekend and then suddenly on Monday no messages were processed in one direction or another or both all week so far.

I have found out that everyone at Marysville was having the same experience.

I appreciate the service Jpay offers even though unlike the email we have out here is not free and has tons of restrictions, and occasional interruptions……however this current situation is very depressing and worrisome…!! There is no explanation offered nor recourse which makes your customers feel totally helpless.

March 7, 2019 - 11:41 am

Hi Monica – This is not the experience we want you to have. We are working diligently to restore the services you are accustomed to. The issue you are experiencing has been forwarded for review and you will be contacted soon by support, with our findings. Thanks!

10. Monica

February 26, 2019 - 10:01 pm

Apparently this is a waste of time writing for assistance. I’ve stated several times that I have contacted customer service about this matter and I’ve also used the actual website to see if that made a difference and it doesn’t. Again I have also emailed support and haven’t got a response it’s been 2 1/2 weeks

March 6, 2019 - 11:44 am

Hi John – JPay email services is available in some locations. Many individuals as well as their friends and family uses JPay email. Thanks!

12. John

February 26, 2019 - 3:38 am

I was wondering if anybody uses jpay to send their letters?

March 6, 2019 - 1:06 pm

Hi Carolina – We are sorry to hear that your loved one is having trouble with his tablet. Please have him submit a support ticket for troubleshooting methods and a solution to the issue. Thanks!

14. Carolina

February 22, 2019 - 6:44 pm

Hi,
    My boyfriends inbox was deleted from his jPay tablet on Tuesday when he woke up. He can still send me emails with the tablet but he can’t see the emails I send to him unless he goes to the kiosk. He is in the Idaho Maximum Security Institution

March 6, 2019 - 12:58 pm

Hi Lozz – There may be several reasons why you have not yet heard from your Pen pal. Regretfully, we do not have that information. Thanks!

16. Lozz

February 22, 2019 - 1:04 pm

Hi there, my penpal at UCI Florida has not been in touch for several days with anybody and usually he’s in touch everyday. Could you advise please whether the system at UCI is down?

March 6, 2019 - 12:31 pm

Hi Monica – We are sorry for the delay. The trouble shooting methods provided will work. We are looking into the issue reported. Thank you for your patience.

18. Monica

February 20, 2019 - 7:45 pm

I’ve been uninstalling the app all weekend and I’ve also did that today. I called customer service lastnight and still nothing. “I’m just told the facility hasn’t released the messages” and “try using google chrome instead of the app”. still haven’t received a contact from support jpay after I emailed them regarding this issue

March 7, 2019 - 2:10 pm

Hi John – Please be assured that the delay in delivery is not a regular occurrence. We strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

20. John

February 20, 2019 - 2:25 pm

I have a general question I have a loved on who sends emails usually in the morning around 5:00am his time which is 7am my time i usually get that one pretty quickly around 730am. But he receives my emails rather quickly throughout the day but when he replies I dont get them until the next day , wonder why that is ? I even checked the website and it doesnt show and doesnt show on the app

Any suggestions on why it takes the day to get the emails ?

February 20, 2019 - 10:15 am

Hi Monica – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

22. Monica

February 19, 2019 - 11:29 pm

Hey I’m having trouble receiving emails. At first when I started using the jpay app I had no problem. When I was alerted by email that I had a message it was always available in my app but since the past weekend it’s taking like and 6plus hours to receive the email in the app or from the website and then I’m still not receiving all of the messages based of the notifications. I’ve been receiving messages using the app when it’s refreshing saying” error receiving mail”. I’ve emailed and called jpay support but nothing really helps

February 20, 2019 - 10:18 am

Hi Jessica – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! We have escalated your concern and a Customer Service representative will be reaching out to you today to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience!!

24. Jessica Fiallo

February 19, 2019 - 5:09 pm

Will try this again. My comment from Last week was deleted and not responded too.
    We have contacted jpay many times, and nothing has been done. He has not be able to get into his account since mid January. He is unable to submit a trouble ticket because he can not log on to the kiosk and his tablet will not sync. He has sent trouble ticket from face page, nothing has happened. No one has responded. We count on this system to keep in touch. I have called numerous times, first time I was told someone would take care of it after two weeks I called back and was given no help at all. PLEASE HELP!

March 7, 2019 - 2:12 pm

Hi Tameka – This is not the experience we want you to have. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

26. Tameka

February 19, 2019 - 3:56 pm

Jpay takes advantage of families. There is no reason why email histories should be deleted just because an inmate is transferred or released. My uncle assigned me as his Power of Attorney to handle all financial matters. Our email correspondence provided a record of authorized transactions and now I no longer have access to those emailed authorizations. No one on your end can or will help me. All they say is the emails are erased once an inmate is transferred, released, etc. This is very frustrating. Your technical staff should have a digital paper trail of our conversations. In this digital age, there is a digital footprint for everything and Jpay is no exception! I bet if the government demanded your emails, your geek squad would retrieve them. Jpay should also refund stamps once an inmate is released. This is why the damn prison industrial complex is so profitable. Capitalism EATS EVERYTHING! Way to go, my fellow Americans.

February 19, 2019 - 1:50 pm

Hi Julie – We are glad to hear that your issue has been resolved. Thanks!

28. Julie Capaldi

February 18, 2019 - 8:35 am

My issues has been resolved.

Thank you.

February 19, 2019 - 1:51 pm

Hi Brittany – We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

30. Brittany Carlton

February 18, 2019 - 2:15 am

Ok it says I’m getting emails from my sons dad and friend kory but when I go to check the actual app they are not there

February 19, 2019 - 4:12 pm

Hi Geneva – Thank you for contacting us. Our records indicate that the messages sent were successfully delivered to the intended recipient. Thanks!

32. Geneva Reeves

February 17, 2019 - 10:40 pm

Hi I wrote and inmate on feb15-19 @ 5 sumn in the mourning and tonite its feb17-19 and haven’t received and email did the inmate see it or no not yet

33. Julie Capaldi

February 16, 2019 - 7:40 pm

I also have been having issues with receiving messages. It took 11 days to receive an email from late December. The last email. I received was January 12. I’ve sent 4 since then, not sure if my friend received them, because I’m not getting any emails. I contacted support through email and I called, I never got a reply.to my 3 emails and found out nothing when I called today. Most of the recent messages I sent to my friend was short and just asking if he was getting my messages. So, nothing that would be held up. Can someone PLEASE help me somehow? Tell me if this is a problem from the new app update. Can anyone tell me if my friend received the messages I’ve sent since January? And can anyone please look into my account to see what the problem is. I’d like to get emails again.

February 20, 2019 - 10:23 am

Hi Keena – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues with the incorrect time being displayed, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

35. Keena Frances

February 16, 2019 - 6:23 am

My husband is sending emails and I’m sending emails and they are not being sent to him. I keep asking him have he received them just yesterday as of February 15th I sent 7 emails he have received only 1. This is insane and the notifications have stop popping up on my phone since the update I feel this update messed the emails up from coming because when the notifications were showing I was receiving my emails in a good timing please fix this and I’m getting notifications from my email saying I have incoming mail from JPay and it have been 6 to 7 hours and I have not seen 1 email that was sent. Please fix this

February 20, 2019 - 12:03 pm

Hi Jessica – Thank you for bringing this to ur attention. Your loved one must submit a trouble ticket via the kiosk, so that a representative can assist him regain access to the kiosk. There are other individuals located at Central Florida Reception Center -South who successfully send emails and purchase music. Thanks!

37. Jessica

February 15, 2019 - 11:54 am

SInce mid January he has not been able to log in to jpay . he has tried to do it from the kiosk and it gives him an error message. He has tried to file out a job ticket but nothing happens. I have called and they were suppose to send someone to CFRC South Unit to get it fixed. Still nothing. Others in same place are having no issues. This has been going on for a while now. ME and the family depend on this system to reach him. And it has failed. Is there anything that can be done?

February 20, 2019 - 2:52 pm

Hi Amanda – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

39. AMANDA MARTIN

February 10, 2019 - 9:25 am

This will be the 3rd complaint that I have filed in the past week!!! I am NOT receiving emails that my fiance is sending. I have over 15 to 20 JPay messages that I have yet to even see. This is VERY FRUSTRATING!!! He is spending all of this money on emails that I have NEVER received! I do not understand what the problem is or why my complaints are going unanswered. His health is not the greatest and I’m dealing with every day chemotherapy, he worries when he doesnt hear from me and I worry when I dont hear from him. I am begging you PLEASE get this issue fixed and actually respond with a personal email message not just the generic message that replies…I know clearly you all do NOT care, but when it comes to my family and health and the pain and worry that comes when messages are there but I cant see them in the jpay app.

February 6, 2019 - 9:57 am

Hi Tori – Our team of experts are working diligently to address the issue. Once updated, all our customers will be notified. Thanks!

41. TORI

February 5, 2019 - 5:00 pm

I’m trying to find out when will the jpay app be fix so we will start getting our email alerts again via the app. The notifications stop as soon as jpay requested us to updated the app the notifications stop and the emails are much slower than they was before the app update. Please don’t ask me to call customer support as to it seems like nobody know’s anything about the update or why the notifications stop or why the emails are slower. Meaning no help from the support team.

February 6, 2019 - 9:59 am

Hi Janice – You logged into you account and the emails are no longer there? Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

43. Janice Stephens

February 5, 2019 - 3:31 pm

Since Monday February 4th, my email on my jpay has disappeared, along with anything to do with email. I called his facility where he is, and everything is ok on his end. My son sent me an email and I cant get it. Why????

January 30, 2019 - 9:53 am

Hi Christian – Please keep in mind that all emails and snap’n send are reviewed. If the contents violates the department of corrections mail terms, they will be rejected. Thanks!

45. Christian

January 28, 2019 - 4:04 pm

When is the email going to be fixed I’ve emailed pictures on 1-24-19 and my gif still hasn’t received them and she has sent me 2 emails that I haven’t gotten.

January 30, 2019 - 9:59 am

Hi Sarah – Please keep in mind that all emails are reviewed prior to release. This means actual delivery can take 24-48 hours or sooner. We will be looking into the notification emails being sent. Thanks!

47. Sarah

January 27, 2019 - 9:24 pm

I am receiving notifications that I am getting emails but they are not showing up in my inbox to read. This is on the app and the website. Also, it is taking a day or two if not more for them to actually be delivered. PLEASE HELP

January 30, 2019 - 10:06 am

Hi Su – Please keep in mind that all emails are reviewed prior to release. This means actual delivery can take 24-48 hours or sooner. There are no messages sent from your loved ones since 01/15/2019 and 01/17/2019. Thanks!

49. Su

January 26, 2019 - 6:16 pm

Hello, we used to communicate regularly with my penpal, but our emails have been delaying dramatically for the past 20 days. I waited his last emails to be delivered to me for 10 days, now I have been waiting for 11 days. Is there something wrong with the system or may it be something to do with Florida Correctional Institution itself?

January 30, 2019 - 1:27 pm

Hi Elizabeth – Please keep in mind that all emails are reviewed prior to release. This means actual delivery can take 24-48 hours or sooner. We apologize for any delay and inconvenience caused. The date 1/26/2019 seven (7) emails were sent to you and successfully delivered to your inbox. Thanks!

51. ELIZABETH PILGRIM

January 26, 2019 - 3:34 am

My husband is getting my emails within 2 hours of me sending for the past week I will get 4 out of 12 emails sent they just disappear into cyber space. Also, the number of sent emails changes mysteriously, without me even receiving emails, yesterday I showed that I had 907 sent emails, today it shows I have 802, So I am not getting emails and apparently mine are getting deleted. I updated the app, I have emailed with no help, I have called and can’t get anyone on the phone. My husband sends me an email at 6:00 a.m. EVERY morning, it’s been 24 hours and I still have not received the email. He called me today and he had sent me 12 emails, I have received 4 of them, but he is getting my emails within 1-2 hours. I have reached out to jpay, I have googled, I have rebooted… I don’t know what else to do, but I am having to buy ridiculous amounts of stamps bc I dont ever know if he is getting my emails or not bc I get no responses. We have one child in the hospital and emails are critical. How can this be fixed? I have contacted customer support with no help or assistance, trouble tickets go without be addressed, I have even called the facility to have them call you- he’s at Baldwin State in Georgia. Can someone please help me, I am literally missing over 20 emails and will randomly get emails dated back to December (as in yesterday) I pay too much for stamps to not have this problem addressed, we have both done trouble tickets, please don’t say to put in another one- it wont matter, look at my account and see how much we spend on stamps alone- can someone please help for the love.

January 25, 2019 - 11:35 am

Hi Kyriakoula – I am sorry to hear that your loved one is having trouble with his tablet. Please encourage him to submit a support ticket via the kiosk. Representatives are designed to address their tablet concerns and provide repair or replacement process, if necessary. Thanks!

53. Kyriakoula

January 22, 2019 - 3:31 pm

My boyfriend cannot see any email in his inbox nor reply. When he is not at the kiosk it tells him to resync but nothing happens. You told him to connect to WiFi which they do not have that kind of feature. What can we do?

January 25, 2019 - 2:19 pm

Hi Tierra – The emails that you have sent to BRYAN PETTEWAY were successfully delivered. Thanks!

55. Tierra

January 21, 2019 - 6:57 pm

I have been sending emails to a friend but they are not receiving them. Nor have I received their emails. But we both are being charged.

January 16, 2019 - 12:03 pm

Hi Miriam – That definitely does not sound possible! We have our technicians looking into the kiosks in Martin Correctional(430), Florida. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have cause. Thanks!

57. Miriam Jacobs

January 13, 2019 - 2:42 pm

The Jpay kiosk in Martin Correctional, in Florida, is not working for over a week.
    My man and I both don’t receive emails anymore. Also, the number of sent emails changes mysteriously, without us being able to send and receive emails.
    How is it possible that the kiosk isn’t working for such a long time?

January 4, 2019 - 1:20 pm

Hi Whitney – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can address your email concern. Thanks!

59. Whitney

December 31, 2018 - 4:55 pm

I still haven’t received any of my emails that has been sent to me

January 14, 2019 - 9:53 am

Hi Amber – We apologize for the delay. JPay’s correctional email service is faster than regular mail, with inmates usually receiving emails within 48 hours. Please keep in mind that all emails go through a review and approve process. If you are still experiencing a delay, please let us know. Thanks!

61. Amber

December 25, 2018 - 3:22 pm

I called support and they were not helpful at all. Couldn’t tell me why my emails were coming and going on an average of 4 hours. Or why I was just receiving messages from 18 days ago.

January 14, 2019 - 9:54 am

Hi Toye – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

63. Toye Simms

December 25, 2018 - 2:21 pm

My J-Pay emails want go through so can you help me with this problem

January 14, 2019 - 9:57 am

Hi Nickki – We are sorry to hear that you were experiencing a delay. The system should now be back to normal. Thanks!

65. Nickki

December 25, 2018 - 3:56 am

Hi the email service is really slow
    I tried to send an e card for Christmas today and it just kept stalling
    I refreshed that page and still not working !!
    Please fix it or give an update! We paid for this service ! Or start giving REFUNDS OR CREDIT

December 17, 2018 - 5:09 pm

Hi Karrie, both you and your loved one are following the correct steps. Customer Service will respond back to each of you shortly. We apologize for the wait and appreciate your patience. And yes, if your loved one purchased a new tablet the media previously purchased and owned on the old tablet will transfer to the new device. Thanks!

67. Karrie Yocum

December 16, 2018 - 12:04 pm

I have submitted a trouble ticket a few weeks ago, no response. My fiance has submitted 2, no response. I submitted another today, please respond. He is sending emails and being charged stamps, but we are not receiving them, they are MIA. He is receiving ours though, sometimes. How do we go about getting this issue fixed? Also, can his tablet be replaced and still keep the many purchased items and photos on his tablet? Please don’t say submit a trouble ticket again. The kiosk will not take another until the others have been resolved. And they haven’t as if yet! Please help!

December 17, 2018 - 5:10 pm

Hi Amber- please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your email questions. Thanks!

69. Amber

December 15, 2018 - 11:19 pm

I’ve been sending my in mate emails all day, the delay time has been substantially higher in the last two days. Can someone please help. Is this going to get fixed?

December 14, 2018 - 12:41 pm

Hi Shiela – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your email request. Thanks!

71. shiela s collier

December 12, 2018 - 6:28 pm

I need to get my email from jpay.com

December 14, 2018 - 12:42 pm

Hi Shiela – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your password issue. Thanks!

73. shiela s collier

December 12, 2018 - 6:18 pm

I try to get to jpay but I forgot my password.

74. Corinna Bush

December 11, 2018 - 1:22 pm

Need to get email so I can send letter to my husband

December 10, 2018 - 9:46 am

Hi Kimberly – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this email concern. Thanks!

76. Kimberly Gladstone

December 10, 2018 - 6:12 am

Help husband gets my emails but I havnt ever got one from him

December 5, 2018 - 11:24 am

Hi Araceli – Thank you for your post. We’ll share this with the IT Department. Thanks!

78. Araceli

December 4, 2018 - 9:17 pm

Hi yes my friend is CDcr and he said the system is down . It’s been three days and no emails . Help please

December 4, 2018 - 5:51 pm

Hi Linda – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

80. Linda Virgillo

December 3, 2018 - 2:00 pm

When I try to buy stamps, media and money for inmate it says some crap to enable phone and settings
    Apps/Jpay App permissions to buy stamps. Says same thing trying to put money on their spendable or media. This has happened before and I was able to reach a real live customer svc agent and they said it was something wrong with the app so she put funds on for me and it worked. Can’t even get a live person on the phone just a recording which you can’t even get into your acct. I need to get this done today for sure so I hope you can answer asap. Thx

« Older Comments