Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

1,013 Comments

1. Riis

October 18, 2017 - 7:52 pm

My brother is in Ware State Prison in Georgia — we counted that it took 11 days (!!) for him to get my email. Please can you comment? If the correction correspondance reviewers are backed up I ask why and what can be done to resolve this in the future? 11 days is simply unacceptable for this service.

2. Cassie

October 18, 2017 - 3:23 pm

I called the jpay number and they said there’s a problem with some accounts where it’s goig through but not giving the receiver the letter. They said it was currently getting worked on and would be fixed by the end of the day.

3. JPayModerator

October 18, 2017 - 2:40 pm

Hi Cassie – There are no delays being reported at the moment. The emails between you and your loved ones may be pending review, which would cause a delay. We thank you for using our products and services. Thanks!

4. Cassie

October 18, 2017 - 10:13 am

Inmate isn’t receiving joay letters I called prison and they said hey see them going back and forth but neither are receiving on either end. Is there some sort of issue with that or delay?

5. JPayModerator

October 18, 2017 - 8:21 am

Hi Dawn – Please call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you assistance in completing your stamp purchase. Thanks!

6. Dawn redbird

October 17, 2017 - 10:54 pm

Hi. I tried to buy stamps it says my payment was declined why? Ive used my same card all the other times idk why it is saying that.. And yes i have the funds available????

7. KARLA

October 17, 2017 - 8:40 am

The app is working crappy today I hope you all have a fixed in mind. It will not allow me to purchase stamps and takes forever before even allows me to email I uninstalled it and reinstalled it hoping that would work and now I can’t even log back in

8. patricia

October 14, 2017 - 8:55 pm

It seems that emails are taking longer and longer to be received from an inmate. I used to get emails from the person i write the next day after they had written me now it is taking a week at minimum for me to receive them.

9. MARIA RA RAMIREZ

October 14, 2017 - 3:02 pm

Hi, my brother is in washington state department of corrections, I do not know what is happening but he tried to talk to him and he can not. he sends me messages but to send me one asks me to buy a picture I tried to buy it I put my account number but when buying it says that the purchase has been declined that I can do to be able to speak with him, I can not buy prints and although I have account number with money

10. Na'Tasha Leavell

October 14, 2017 - 4:09 am

My husband is at Idaho Dept. of Corrections

11. JPayModerator

October 13, 2017 - 1:32 pm

Hi Sarah – There are no issues being reported at the moment. Your emails may be pending review, which would cause a delay. If you continue seeing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and they can look into your account and see what’s causing the problem. Thanks!

12. JPayModerator

October 13, 2017 - 12:34 pm

Hi Sally – The option to send your incarcerated loved one email in the state of Pennsylvania is not offered at this moment. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

13. sarah moore

October 13, 2017 - 6:25 am

My Grandson is in Hays State prison and we have had so much trouble getting e-mails back and forth . I write him every day, except Saturdays and Sundays and this time it has been 2 weeks since he has received any from me. I have not gotten any from him for about that same time. I have called 3 times, with no help, he has put in a grievance there (they told him it was J-Pay problem). Any help that you can give us would be much appreciated. I am thankful that we can keep in touch this way.

14. Sally

October 13, 2017 - 6:05 am

I used to send emails in Pa to Sci Dallas Pa is emails not allowed in Pa anymore

15. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:31 am

Hi Kelly – Please confirm that your loved one is not in the process of transferring to a new facility. In the event that he/she is, that may be the reason the options may not be available at this moment. We thank you for using our products and services.

16. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:28 am

Hi Kevin – The option to send emails to your loved one in Illinois is not available. The only service that is offered in Illinois as this time is money transfer. We thank you for using our products and services, have a great day!

17. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:23 am

Hi Paul – We are not seeing any issues with your fiances JPay account. If she was transferred to a new facility and is in the process of transitioning, that may be the reason why the options are not available. Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will be delighted to research the issue further more. Thanks!

18. Paul Sherwood

October 12, 2017 - 4:20 am

Is there anyone at jpay who can really do something.
    Ive been using jpay for over a year now with no problems. Suddenly, last week, i logged in to write my fiance a letter. Much to my dismay, only the FUND MEDIA, and SEND MONEY “TILES” are displayed. EMAIL and SNAP-AND-SEND are gone, along with all the letters weve written back and forth to each other.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled the app from google play 3 times. No change.
    I called customer support, and the lady i spoke with said she would write up a service order for this problem to be looked at more closely by a service tech. Because of Columbis day, she said that i shouldnt expect a call from the service dept till tuesday, wednesday at the latest. Guess wat. . . . . NO PHONE CALLS EITHER.
    My fiance is Crystal Rose, inmate # 00541600, at West TN state Penn,. Henning, Tennessee. Thank you in advance for helping me and making this rite, Paul.

19. Gera

October 12, 2017 - 2:36 am

Is there perhaps a delay because of problems again? Yesterday I got a message from my friend in Georgia (Macon SP) which he sent at 29th September. So, it took 13 days. Same happened last week when I received a message from him wich took 10 days… In that time we could have written normal letters back and forth…

20. Kelly Frances McKenna

October 11, 2017 - 10:09 pm

Hello,
    My loved one is not shown as being able to receive mail or videograms now. Is this one of your issues? When might it be cleared up? His name is Freddie McNeil OHIO. Best wishes

21. Kevin Mcgowan

October 11, 2017 - 3:52 pm

Hi my name is Kevin McGowan I ain’t send messagesbto my cousin nd I bought stamos and can’t use them whats the problem

22. JPayModerator

October 11, 2017 - 9:01 am

Hi Na’Tasha – To better assist you, what state is your husband in? We look forward to your response.

23. Na'Tasha Leavell

October 10, 2017 - 11:41 pm

I keep having an issue of not being able to send my husband videograms and the messages are being severely delayed by days. It’s becoming frustrating and he thinks I am ignoring him at times when that’s not the issue. I’ve called customer service and I keep getting the run around about the matter; so yet again it’s becoming an major irritant. I spend a great deal of funds to keep communication with my husband and here it is either the mobile app doesn’t work, or the web browser takes too long to respond, or something. Please try to fix all the bugs because from the looks of it there’s a lot of people who have the same complaint as I do. Thanks for your time and consideration for looking into the matter.

24. Annie Readous

October 10, 2017 - 6:50 pm

I can’t reach my jpay friend,howdo I go bout it.

25. JPayModerator

October 10, 2017 - 9:55 am

Hi Bill – our email service is working properly and there are no delays. However, if your email is flagged for review, that could cause a delay. If you keep experiencing this issue, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team can help you and answer any further questions you may have. Thanks!

26. Bill

October 9, 2017 - 6:48 pm

I am receiving emails from my inmate at Chowchilla CA, however the inmate is not receiving any emails from me and has not done so for over a week. Can you please explain why this is occurring.
    It appears that the JPay email service doesn’t have the capacity to cater to so many emails and is continually running in to problems. Why are we paying good money for this service when the service isn’t able to sustain the volume?

27. Jacqueline Gault

October 9, 2017 - 3:48 pm

I, too, have the problem that my loved one is not getting email. Called JPay today and was told that JPay sent the emails, however, the the correctional facility must be holding them up. If that’s the case, then JPay should say in its promotions that they send emails within 48 hours (as stated) but can’t guarantee that the jail will get it to loved ones within that time period. Now, after reading all these comments, I’m wondering where the problem really lies. JPay email is an expensive service that doesn’t seem to be any faster than the much less expensive service of regular mail with a stamp.
    If the problem is with the correctional facility, then its between JPay and the corrections facility to be technically compatible so the JPay email service is of value and is worth the fees charged.

28. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 10:56 am

Hi Cheryl – At this moment, email is only available at select locations in Florida. Wakulla Annex is one of the location where the service was available. If your loved one was recently transferred to another facility, then the option to send an email will not be available. I would like to inform you that when services do become available all messages and emails that were sent to your loved one would reappear again. Thanks!

29. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 9:43 am

Hi Elizabeth – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about our email service. Thanks!

30. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 9:40 am

Hi Anita – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about your payment status. Thanks!

31. Nadine Sallins

October 8, 2017 - 5:55 pm

MY DAUGHTER IS IN sci MUNCY AND HAS A TABLET FOR EMAIL AND SAID THAT I HAVE TO SEND AN EMAIL TO HER FIRST IN ORDER FOR HER TO SEND ONE BACK NOT ABLE TO SEND ANYTHING BECAUSE THE SITE IS NOT LETTING ME

32. Kiddy Hiruy

October 8, 2017 - 7:49 am

Hi, I mentor several inmates in Kansas Lansing correctional facility and Wichita work release center. All emails I sent in mid Sep and October are not in my sent list and are not delivered and I haven’t also received emails from inmates. Can you please let me know what the issue is?
    Thanks

33. Elizabeth

October 8, 2017 - 4:28 am

I’m trying to send my friend a email n photos but it keeps telling me to updated my email address when I have already done so. Why is there so many problems with jpay n if it keeps happening why won’t you guys give 1 free email/photos for our troubles?

34. Anita

October 8, 2017 - 12:27 am

I sent money to my fiancé, my transactions shows that’s it’s been approved and I have a confirmation code but hes said it’s not showing that he’s received any money.

35. Cheryl

October 6, 2017 - 7:29 pm

Hi just wondering what happen to be able to send emails etc…to my fiancé!! I don’t know if this JP5 tablet is how it was working but now I see an answer to someone elses post above saying that they are not available at any Florida facility…..I have already been corresponding with my fiancé on this since the beginning of September…now all of a sudden the screen does not show up as others are saying here!! I have money on this account!!! I purchased 10 stamps….I had 7 left and like I said now we cant do this, cant even get to the home screen for this as others are saying in above comments, it only shows if you want to send money! I think you guys really need to read and review all comments about this situation and FIX IT!!! If it is no longer available or it was just a trial or something, then I think we all need our refunds back!! Please look into this issue and thank you!! P.S. You cant explain this as no institution in FL has this because I can assure you that my fiancé was at the Wakulla Annex and we used this for 2-3 weeks just fine and now it doesn’t even take you to that page…he is now at the Wakulla C.I.(main unit) maybe this is the issue, maybe they don’t have it there, but if they don’t at least put something on the home page that lets you know that and refund my $7 that I still had remaining or explain whats going on please!! Thank You 🙂

36. Natalie

October 6, 2017 - 6:53 pm

I have been told that boats are no longer being processed at the Wynne unit in Texas. Is the temporary? Will service be restored. My husband is not getting my emails. His number is 02091909 Christopher Niehaus.

37. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:45 am

Hi Susan – Thank you for reaching out to us, what facility/state is your loved one located in?

38. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:38 am

Hi Donna – Please make sure that you updated to the latest version of the JPay app. You can do this by going to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and searching JPay. If a new version is available, the option to update should show. We thank you for using our services.

39. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:32 am

Hi Sherry – we apologize for the inconvenience. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative and reset your password. Thanks!

40. Sherry L Bishop

October 6, 2017 - 9:13 am

Cannot get into my acct. Lost password will not tale !y hint or my phone number.

41. Donna

October 6, 2017 - 8:58 am

I can’t get the mobile app to work correctly . I’m getting frustrated.

42. TRAN DUOBG QUOC HOA

October 6, 2017 - 12:14 am

Xin phan hoi va ho tro toi tieng viet ạ

43. Lori grindle

October 5, 2017 - 9:58 pm

I am still not able to read or send email. It has disappeared. The only thing that comes up is “send money”

44. Charlotte Ann Aponte

October 5, 2017 - 7:18 pm

For some reason I can’t get an email to my son , Daniel Ray Blassingame, ID#174283. This has been going on for a few weeks. If you can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

45. Janis Allen

October 5, 2017 - 5:48 pm

I’ve contacted JPay Support 3 times…..I’ve heard nothing! I’ve left emails here…..still nothing. Can you someone at least REPLY to all of my comments? I cannot compose….cannot access my Inbox or sent emails…..I can only see my profile/account information page….no navigation page, no menu!
    Please I am disabled and old. I need to email my Son as email is the only option I have to stay in touch.
    Your help, expertise would be greatly appreciated.
    Janis

46. Linda Wegmann

October 5, 2017 - 3:16 pm

I am not showing my e-mail account any more on your site I know I have money. Is this discontinued
    by you or Montgomery State Prison.

47. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 3:08 pm

Hi Barb – Our customer service representatives would be delighted to provide you more information and assistance with our video visit service. Please email Support@JPay.com or call customer service at 800-574-5729 and a customer service representative will be able to assist you. Thanks!

48. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 3:02 pm

Hi Cynthia – The downed kiosk has been reported and we’re working on having it serviced as soon as possible. We thank you for your understanding.

49. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 2:58 pm

Hi Katie – As of right now email service are running as normal. Keep in mind that delays can also be caused by emails being flagged for review. Thanks!

50. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 2:43 pm

Hi Patricia – To utilize our services simply visit https://www.jpay.com. You can also search JPay in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store to download the official JPay app. We thank you for using our products and services.