Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

1. Imani

October 30, 2017 - 1:35 pm

The new version of this jpay app sucks! I have an iPhone 7 Plus and the screen is large enough to read long texts, but anytime I send lengthy emails to my boyfriend they get cut off where I can’t see it and neither can he! jPay, how about you test the dimensions first before releasing an “updated” version to the public. Ever thought of doing that??

2. JPayModerator

October 30, 2017 - 1:46 pm

Hi Tieann – JPay does not offer care packages at this time. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

3. Tieann

October 29, 2017 - 12:58 pm

How do I send a care package threw jpay

4. Wilma Burnia

October 28, 2017 - 10:56 pm

this is wonderful thank you very much

5. JPayModerator

October 31, 2017 - 2:02 pm

Hi Shelia – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about your account. Thanks!

6. Shelia

October 28, 2017 - 1:00 pm

Hi from Washington state–I am unable to send emails to my son and the block is not even available to click on. What is the problem–336306

7. Rose

October 28, 2017 - 12:25 am

I just sent my friend an email he is at SATF – CDCR. We are new to this system, it sent and took the credits, but the email is not showing up in my sent folder is there a wait time for it to show up? Thank you in advance.

8. JPayModerator

October 25, 2017 - 2:11 pm

Hi Martha – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be able to walk you through the steps of processing a payment. Thanks!

9. Martha Sims

October 25, 2017 - 1:19 pm

I have been unable to put my funds on my husbands account 6 times. It has failed. I spoke with my bank and it is not on there end. Can you please help. Husband name Paul Sims 063311 Florida State Prison. Thank you this needs to be resolved. I have call Customer Service for Jpay numerous amount of times with no results

10. Lena

October 24, 2017 - 11:24 am

So I guess i can safely assume that my emails are not being received as they are still listed as sent and I have yet to receive any response from my friend and so many others are having the same problem. Although the rep was extremely kind i was noy given any information from jpay other than they are showing as sent on their end. I also read in the help section you are able to add a reply stamp and thought that would help get a response but ended up having to have a ticket written out because i do not have that link access neither does my friends mom on hers. Does everyone else have this link but us? And do i have to call again to have a ticket made for my emails not going through? It has been a week since my first email and 3 since i have spoken to him and it is just unacceptable. As if we all dont have enough to stress about.

11. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 10:01 am

Hi Brittany – As of right now email service are running as normal. If you have any concerns regarding our email service, please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will provide you with more assistance. Thanks!

12. Brittany Keller

October 23, 2017 - 6:04 pm

Well jpay is not allowing me to send my email.. I have 15 and it only cost 8 stamps to send. It’s ridiculous that poor their customer service and lack of real points of contact. They make way too much money for the bs! There’s no compensation for money lost noe time that this website is broken. There hasn’t even been any sort of update regarding this issue. I’m disgusted with how private companies who contract for a ton of money and e
    Have every form of marketing but have piss poor customer representatives and a better way of solving customer issues.

13. Jeremiah Watson

October 22, 2017 - 2:01 pm

Just great! From the looks of things, seems that we here in MO need to prepare for a huge mess… For some unknown reason jpay has just replaced Access Corrections, which 98% of the time, was working out just fine! U could send 1 free email a day to an inmate per account, I had created like 3 and could email more than I needed, they just didn’t have the ability to respond, other than by phone, which is ran by securus and is surprisingly very reasonable in their pricing!!
    I’m to happy about losing access corr. and my FREE EMAILS that they usually would receive within 24 hrs depending what time of day that I sent them excluding weekends!!! To this JPay, which after reading the majority of these comments, appears to be nothing but a huge mess with all sorts of problems!!

14. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:06 am

Hi Kimberly – To utilize our services simply visit https://www.jpay.com or click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

15. Kimberly woods

October 20, 2017 - 8:24 pm

How do I start an account for my husband.

16. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:01 am

Hi Melissa – Your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a slight delay in delivery. If you’re still experiencing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into your account and see what’s causing the issue. Thanks!

17. melissa

October 20, 2017 - 11:32 am

I’ve sent several pictures that weren’t riskay and my person didn’t get them. That’s a wasted stamp and there was nothing wrong with them. I don’t understand.

18. Riis

October 18, 2017 - 7:52 pm

My brother is in Ware State Prison in Georgia — we counted that it took 11 days (!!) for him to get my email. Please can you comment? If the correction correspondance reviewers are backed up I ask why and what can be done to resolve this in the future? 11 days is simply unacceptable for this service.

19. JPayModerator

October 19, 2017 - 9:40 am

Hi Cassie – We are aware of issues with the JPay mobile app – we apologize for the inconvenience and understand this can be frustrating. We want to assure you that JPay’s support teams are actively engaged in resolving these issues, and we expect a resolution shortly.

20. Cassie

October 18, 2017 - 3:23 pm

I called the jpay number and they said there’s a problem with some accounts where it’s goig through but not giving the receiver the letter. They said it was currently getting worked on and would be fixed by the end of the day.

21. JPayModerator

October 18, 2017 - 2:40 pm

Hi Cassie – There are no delays being reported at the moment. The emails between you and your loved ones may be pending review, which would cause a delay. We thank you for using our products and services. Thanks!

22. Cassie

October 18, 2017 - 10:13 am

Inmate isn’t receiving joay letters I called prison and they said hey see them going back and forth but neither are receiving on either end. Is there some sort of issue with that or delay?

23. JPayModerator

October 18, 2017 - 8:21 am

Hi Dawn – Please call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you assistance in completing your stamp purchase. Thanks!

24. Dawn redbird

October 17, 2017 - 10:54 pm

Hi. I tried to buy stamps it says my payment was declined why? Ive used my same card all the other times idk why it is saying that.. And yes i have the funds available????

25. KARLA

October 17, 2017 - 8:40 am

The app is working crappy today I hope you all have a fixed in mind. It will not allow me to purchase stamps and takes forever before even allows me to email I uninstalled it and reinstalled it hoping that would work and now I can’t even log back in

26. patricia

October 14, 2017 - 8:55 pm

It seems that emails are taking longer and longer to be received from an inmate. I used to get emails from the person i write the next day after they had written me now it is taking a week at minimum for me to receive them.

27. MARIA RA RAMIREZ

October 14, 2017 - 3:02 pm

Hi, my brother is in washington state department of corrections, I do not know what is happening but he tried to talk to him and he can not. he sends me messages but to send me one asks me to buy a picture I tried to buy it I put my account number but when buying it says that the purchase has been declined that I can do to be able to speak with him, I can not buy prints and although I have account number with money

28. Na'Tasha Leavell

October 14, 2017 - 4:09 am

My husband is at Idaho Dept. of Corrections

29. JPayModerator

October 13, 2017 - 1:32 pm

Hi Sarah – There are no issues being reported at the moment. Your emails may be pending review, which would cause a delay. If you continue seeing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and they can look into your account and see what’s causing the problem. Thanks!

30. sarah moore

October 13, 2017 - 6:25 am

My Grandson is in Hays State prison and we have had so much trouble getting e-mails back and forth . I write him every day, except Saturdays and Sundays and this time it has been 2 weeks since he has received any from me. I have not gotten any from him for about that same time. I have called 3 times, with no help, he has put in a grievance there (they told him it was J-Pay problem). Any help that you can give us would be much appreciated. I am thankful that we can keep in touch this way.

31. JPayModerator

October 13, 2017 - 12:34 pm

Hi Sally – The option to send your incarcerated loved one email in the state of Pennsylvania is not offered at this moment. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

32. Sally

October 13, 2017 - 6:05 am

I used to send emails in Pa to Sci Dallas Pa is emails not allowed in Pa anymore

33. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:23 am

Hi Paul – We are not seeing any issues with your fiances JPay account. If she was transferred to a new facility and is in the process of transitioning, that may be the reason why the options are not available. Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will be delighted to research the issue further more. Thanks!

34. Paul Sherwood

October 12, 2017 - 4:20 am

Is there anyone at jpay who can really do something.
    Ive been using jpay for over a year now with no problems. Suddenly, last week, i logged in to write my fiance a letter. Much to my dismay, only the FUND MEDIA, and SEND MONEY “TILES” are displayed. EMAIL and SNAP-AND-SEND are gone, along with all the letters weve written back and forth to each other.

I uninstalled, then reinstalled the app from google play 3 times. No change.
    I called customer support, and the lady i spoke with said she would write up a service order for this problem to be looked at more closely by a service tech. Because of Columbis day, she said that i shouldnt expect a call from the service dept till tuesday, wednesday at the latest. Guess wat. . . . . NO PHONE CALLS EITHER.
    My fiance is Crystal Rose, inmate # 00541600, at West TN state Penn,. Henning, Tennessee. Thank you in advance for helping me and making this rite, Paul.

35. Gera

October 12, 2017 - 2:36 am

Is there perhaps a delay because of problems again? Yesterday I got a message from my friend in Georgia (Macon SP) which he sent at 29th September. So, it took 13 days. Same happened last week when I received a message from him wich took 10 days… In that time we could have written normal letters back and forth…

36. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:31 am

Hi Kelly – Please confirm that your loved one is not in the process of transferring to a new facility. In the event that he/she is, that may be the reason the options may not be available at this moment. We thank you for using our products and services.

37. Kelly Frances McKenna

October 11, 2017 - 10:09 pm

Hello,
    My loved one is not shown as being able to receive mail or videograms now. Is this one of your issues? When might it be cleared up? His name is Freddie McNeil OHIO. Best wishes

38. JPayModerator

October 12, 2017 - 9:28 am

Hi Kevin – The option to send emails to your loved one in Illinois is not available. The only service that is offered in Illinois as this time is money transfer. We thank you for using our products and services, have a great day!

39. Kevin Mcgowan

October 11, 2017 - 3:52 pm

Hi my name is Kevin McGowan I ain’t send messagesbto my cousin nd I bought stamos and can’t use them whats the problem

40. JPayModerator

October 11, 2017 - 9:01 am

Hi Na’Tasha – To better assist you, what state is your husband in? We look forward to your response.

41. Na'Tasha Leavell

October 10, 2017 - 11:41 pm

I keep having an issue of not being able to send my husband videograms and the messages are being severely delayed by days. It’s becoming frustrating and he thinks I am ignoring him at times when that’s not the issue. I’ve called customer service and I keep getting the run around about the matter; so yet again it’s becoming an major irritant. I spend a great deal of funds to keep communication with my husband and here it is either the mobile app doesn’t work, or the web browser takes too long to respond, or something. Please try to fix all the bugs because from the looks of it there’s a lot of people who have the same complaint as I do. Thanks for your time and consideration for looking into the matter.

42. Annie Readous

October 10, 2017 - 6:50 pm

I can’t reach my jpay friend,howdo I go bout it.

43. JPayModerator

October 10, 2017 - 9:55 am

Hi Bill – our email service is working properly and there are no delays. However, if your email is flagged for review, that could cause a delay. If you keep experiencing this issue, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team can help you and answer any further questions you may have. Thanks!

44. Bill

October 9, 2017 - 6:48 pm

I am receiving emails from my inmate at Chowchilla CA, however the inmate is not receiving any emails from me and has not done so for over a week. Can you please explain why this is occurring.
    It appears that the JPay email service doesn’t have the capacity to cater to so many emails and is continually running in to problems. Why are we paying good money for this service when the service isn’t able to sustain the volume?

45. Jacqueline Gault

October 9, 2017 - 3:48 pm

I, too, have the problem that my loved one is not getting email. Called JPay today and was told that JPay sent the emails, however, the the correctional facility must be holding them up. If that’s the case, then JPay should say in its promotions that they send emails within 48 hours (as stated) but can’t guarantee that the jail will get it to loved ones within that time period. Now, after reading all these comments, I’m wondering where the problem really lies. JPay email is an expensive service that doesn’t seem to be any faster than the much less expensive service of regular mail with a stamp.
    If the problem is with the correctional facility, then its between JPay and the corrections facility to be technically compatible so the JPay email service is of value and is worth the fees charged.

46. Nadine Sallins

October 8, 2017 - 5:55 pm

MY DAUGHTER IS IN sci MUNCY AND HAS A TABLET FOR EMAIL AND SAID THAT I HAVE TO SEND AN EMAIL TO HER FIRST IN ORDER FOR HER TO SEND ONE BACK NOT ABLE TO SEND ANYTHING BECAUSE THE SITE IS NOT LETTING ME

47. Kiddy Hiruy

October 8, 2017 - 7:49 am

Hi, I mentor several inmates in Kansas Lansing correctional facility and Wichita work release center. All emails I sent in mid Sep and October are not in my sent list and are not delivered and I haven’t also received emails from inmates. Can you please let me know what the issue is?
    Thanks

48. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 9:43 am

Hi Elizabeth – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about our email service. Thanks!

49. Elizabeth

October 8, 2017 - 4:28 am

I’m trying to send my friend a email n photos but it keeps telling me to updated my email address when I have already done so. Why is there so many problems with jpay n if it keeps happening why won’t you guys give 1 free email/photos for our troubles?

50. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 9:40 am

Hi Anita – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about your payment status. Thanks!

51. Anita

October 8, 2017 - 12:27 am

I sent money to my fiancé, my transactions shows that’s it’s been approved and I have a confirmation code but hes said it’s not showing that he’s received any money.

52. JPayModerator

October 9, 2017 - 10:56 am

Hi Cheryl – At this moment, email is only available at select locations in Florida. Wakulla Annex is one of the location where the service was available. If your loved one was recently transferred to another facility, then the option to send an email will not be available. I would like to inform you that when services do become available all messages and emails that were sent to your loved one would reappear again. Thanks!

53. Cheryl

October 6, 2017 - 7:29 pm

Hi just wondering what happen to be able to send emails etc…to my fiancé!! I don’t know if this JP5 tablet is how it was working but now I see an answer to someone elses post above saying that they are not available at any Florida facility…..I have already been corresponding with my fiancé on this since the beginning of September…now all of a sudden the screen does not show up as others are saying here!! I have money on this account!!! I purchased 10 stamps….I had 7 left and like I said now we cant do this, cant even get to the home screen for this as others are saying in above comments, it only shows if you want to send money! I think you guys really need to read and review all comments about this situation and FIX IT!!! If it is no longer available or it was just a trial or something, then I think we all need our refunds back!! Please look into this issue and thank you!! P.S. You cant explain this as no institution in FL has this because I can assure you that my fiancé was at the Wakulla Annex and we used this for 2-3 weeks just fine and now it doesn’t even take you to that page…he is now at the Wakulla C.I.(main unit) maybe this is the issue, maybe they don’t have it there, but if they don’t at least put something on the home page that lets you know that and refund my $7 that I still had remaining or explain whats going on please!! Thank You :)

54. Natalie

October 6, 2017 - 6:53 pm

I have been told that boats are no longer being processed at the Wynne unit in Texas. Is the temporary? Will service be restored. My husband is not getting my emails. His number is 02091909 Christopher Niehaus.

55. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:32 am

Hi Sherry – we apologize for the inconvenience. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative and reset your password. Thanks!

56. Sherry L Bishop

October 6, 2017 - 9:13 am

Cannot get into my acct. Lost password will not tale !y hint or my phone number.

57. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:38 am

Hi Donna – Please make sure that you updated to the latest version of the JPay app. You can do this by going to the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and searching JPay. If a new version is available, the option to update should show. We thank you for using our services.

58. Donna

October 6, 2017 - 8:58 am

I can’t get the mobile app to work correctly . I’m getting frustrated.

59. TRAN DUOBG QUOC HOA

October 6, 2017 - 12:14 am

Xin phan hoi va ho tro toi tieng viet ạ

60. Lori grindle

October 5, 2017 - 9:58 pm

I am still not able to read or send email. It has disappeared. The only thing that comes up is “send money”

61. Charlotte Ann Aponte

October 5, 2017 - 7:18 pm

For some reason I can’t get an email to my son , Daniel Ray Blassingame, ID#174283. This has been going on for a few weeks. If you can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it.

62. Janis Allen

October 5, 2017 - 5:48 pm

I’ve contacted JPay Support 3 times…..I’ve heard nothing! I’ve left emails here…..still nothing. Can you someone at least REPLY to all of my comments? I cannot compose….cannot access my Inbox or sent emails…..I can only see my profile/account information page….no navigation page, no menu!
    Please I am disabled and old. I need to email my Son as email is the only option I have to stay in touch.
    Your help, expertise would be greatly appreciated.
    Janis

63. JPayModerator

October 6, 2017 - 9:45 am

Hi Susan – Thank you for reaching out to us, what facility/state is your loved one located in?

64. Linda Wegmann

October 5, 2017 - 3:16 pm

I am not showing my e-mail account any more on your site I know I have money. Is this discontinued
    by you or Montgomery State Prison.

65. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 2:32 pm

Hi Stephanie – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They will be delighted in providing you more information about sending money to your loved ones. Thanks!

66. Stephaniecollins

October 5, 2017 - 1:25 pm

How do you send money to a inmate please help thanks

67. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 1:08 pm

Hi Catherine – Currently our JP5 tablets are not available at any facilities in Florida at this time. Once tablets and additional services do become available we will be sure to notify family and friends. Thanks you for your continued interest in our products and services.

68. Catherine Dubois

October 5, 2017 - 11:50 am

Good Morning, My son is at the Wakulla Work Camp (Faith & Character Building Center) in Crawfordville FL. Can you please tell me if jp tablets are available at that facility? If so, do I just add money to his commissary account to pay for it? One last question, Just recently his facility began allowing emails. I purchase ‘stamps’ , one to send and one for return reply. After jp tablet is purchased, will it using the same ‘stamps’ method of payment? Thank you so much for any and all information that you can provide. Sincerely, a Florida mom

69. Latrease Perkins

October 5, 2017 - 11:20 am

Hope u return home soon!!

70. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 1:09 pm

Hi Tammy – What facility/state is your loved one located in?

71. Tammy Fluker

October 4, 2017 - 3:38 pm

When there was free photo service mine did not work. It took a stamp each time I sent a photo. I emailed JPay about the problem and never receiced a response

72. JPayModerator

October 4, 2017 - 2:49 pm

Hello – Lisa – To better assist you please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will give you more information on our email service. Thanks!

73. Lisa B Wilber

October 4, 2017 - 2:37 pm

I have been notified that I have a new email from my loved one. When I login to jpay, I do not see the inbox or any other related information so I cannot access the messages in my mailbox.

74. Herbert StFleur

Herbert StFleur

October 4, 2017 - 2:44 pm

Hello – Christopher Justice – We appreciate the effort you have taken to message your loved one. The JPay blog is used as a public forum and messages to your loved one will not be received. For more information, please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will give you more information on our email service. Thanks!

75. christopher justice

October 4, 2017 - 2:22 pm

Dear Chris, sorry I haven’t written before now. have been busy taking your sister china around because she lost her car. Wanted to let you know everything is going ok. no I really don’t like it here but we are staying because the Dr’s are good here for your dad. He’s doing good. Yes you need to leave Texas when you get done with your time. I sent Beth a pic of Victoria for you. ill send money as soon as I can money is a little tight right now. we will find out about our housing this week. fatman is getting big hes rotten to the core. I really don’t know what else to tell you except we love you and miss you cant wait for you to get out and come up here. I’m doing good stressed which you know is nothing new, well I’m going to go write soon and ill try to send money as soon . love you love mom

76. JPayModerator

October 5, 2017 - 12:44 pm

Hi Charles – What facility/state is your nephew located in?

77. Charles White

October 4, 2017 - 11:54 am

I have yet to receive any emails from my nephew even though I have sent him numerous. Are you sure that the email service is in fact working.

78. JPayModerator

October 4, 2017 - 3:00 pm

Hello – Diane- A JPay technician will be onsite this week to address the kiosk issues. We apologize for any issue this may have caused. Thanks!

79. Diane Ronzino

October 4, 2017 - 9:49 am

Thank you for this update. Please note: the jPay kiosk in Buckingham Correctional Center in Virginia has been broken for a couple of weeks now. Please get that fixed ASAP so the men can keep in contact with the outside world. Thank you.