Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

1,013 Comments

1. Jade Trombetta

September 21, 2017 - 11:16 am

Hi John – Please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into your account. However, this could mean that your loved one does not have access to email anymore if the service isn’t available to you. Thanks!

2. Jade Trombetta

September 21, 2017 - 11:15 am

Hi Sue – We’re sorry for any frustration. Emails are usually delivered within minutes of the communications being sent. However, if an email is flagged for review by a DOC facility mailroom official, then it can take up to five business days before it is released, if approved.

3. Debra Thames

September 21, 2017 - 11:15 am

I cannot access my email, can’t even see it.

4. Jade Trombetta

September 21, 2017 - 11:14 am

Hi Patricia – Please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look at your account and get in contact with you regarding the emails. Thanks!

5. Jade Trombetta

September 21, 2017 - 11:13 am

Hi Sonni – Please email Support@JPay.com so our Customer Service team can look into your account and see why you’re having issues with the stamps and email. Thanks!

6. Sonni Quick

September 20, 2017 - 10:33 pm

It’s Sept 20th. I’ve been trying to send mail for a month and can’t. I dumped on letter dated Aug 23rd. I’ve called 5 times. I was told I’d get a call back. That was a joke. You have my number. I’d like a call back. I have 42 stamps and it tells me I have tell none. I’m trying to send to James Cummings #1368189

7. Patricia Misic

September 20, 2017 - 9:18 pm

My son was evacuated from Tomoka to Wakulla. While there he had the opportunity to email me. I emailed him back and sent him my remaining stamps. I received 2 messages today from Jpay stating I have email. There is no longer a way for me to retrieve the email because the button or email is gone. I paid for a book of stamps. I used 3 and sent my son the rest. I expect to receive the emails my son sent. It took 2 days for me to receive the email notification from Jpay. Seeing this is a paid service I expect to receive quality service.

8. Sue Drushinin

September 20, 2017 - 6:46 pm

It seems to me that you are still having issues. Prior to this problem the emails my loved one and I wrote were flowing back and forth better than it is now since August and it is getting worse instead of better! I am paying for a service that is not working as it should! “Snail Mail” would be faster! This is so upsetting and just not right! I have written about this and posted it along with the others that were complaining and my email was never responded to. But funny I noticed after I sent that email to JPay I was getting my loved ones emails fast again but than it was taking longer for him to receive mine, so I emailed JPay about this, than strange how now both his emails and mine are taking nearly 2 wks to get to each other and he has been writing me a lot. He sent emails on 9/7, 9/9, 9/10, 9/11 and recently on 9/13 and I know he sent me even after this date . I received the 9/7 on 9/9 just this week one day at a time and here it is 9/20. Something needs to be done on your side. This NEVER used to be! My emails are taking forever to get to him too. You state emails will be delivered in 48 hours. That is not happening anymore! My loved one checked with the prison and they said it is not on their end SO where is the problem?!!! This is getting very upsetting! PLEASE FIX the problem! It is not only me but others are having problems too. I would appreciate a reply soon. Thank you!

9. John Furqueron

September 20, 2017 - 6:39 pm

I cannot get into the email portion of the system. It goes right to the “Send Money” area when I sign in, but I cannot find the e-mail area. Today is the 20th Sep, and I have never had an issue with this.

10. claire austin

September 20, 2017 - 1:08 pm

I still can not send emails to my son

11. Haddassah

September 20, 2017 - 9:57 am

I did experience some difficulties, but your service is invaluable to our family!!!! It needs to be available at ALL correctional facilities. Thank you JPay =)

12. Jade Trombetta

September 20, 2017 - 9:57 am

Hi Dee – If you’re experiencing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into the issue. Thanks!

13. Jade Trombetta

September 20, 2017 - 9:50 am

Hi Brenda – Please email Support@JPay.com or you can call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They will help you login into your account. Thanks!

14. Brenda Sanchez

September 20, 2017 - 9:49 am

I’m having trouble logging in to my email I want to know what is going on cant you let me know please . Thank you Brenda Sanchez

15. Dee Feldbauer

September 19, 2017 - 8:00 pm

I was receiving email fine again and then the delay is happening?

16. Yaneth hernandez

September 19, 2017 - 5:27 pm

I am unable to access my email service thru the website. An email was sent yesterday on September 18 2017 and i had 9 stamps available but now im not ablr to see that service in my account. I spoke with a rep and said he did noy know how to restore this service on my account and said i would have to open up a new account. Now why would i do that???

17. Chequita

September 19, 2017 - 4:43 pm

My concern is that some emails get through to my son and some do not. He feels that I am not responding to his emails when I am.

18. DOROTHY FLORES

September 19, 2017 - 4:15 pm

MY JPAY WHICH GOES TO THE ESTELLE UNIT IN HUNSTVILLE TEXAS ALWAYS TAKES AT LEAST 5 TO 6 DAYS MOST OF THE TIME.I THINK ITS THE PERSON WHO TAKES CARE OF THE MAIL ROOM THERE BUT ONE WAY ARE ANOTHER YOU ALL NEED TO CHECK AND SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS WITH JPAY.IT WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.’DORHTY FLORES

19. Daisy

September 19, 2017 - 2:37 pm

The Email has poor service. It’s a problem me and my boyfriend have constantly. At first we thought it was because of the storms but we’re in CA. Today he sent me an email at 6:30am it is 12:33pm and I still have not received it. Why do we always receive our emails so late & why is it that they could only log in twice a day?

20. Maria Salcido

September 19, 2017 - 12:49 pm

Love this app …keeps me close to my loved one God bless the maker of this app

21. Nels Thompson

September 19, 2017 - 8:02 am

I cannot get into to read emails to me or send new emails. the site asks me to update my account including email address. I do not have a new email address and I cannot get past that request. I have been trying for two days. I just want to use the service. cannot get into the service

22. joyce boyd

September 18, 2017 - 8:38 pm

why i cant send email after buying the stamps

23. Lynn Wooldridge

September 18, 2017 - 2:21 pm

I have sent three emails that have not gone through…each one sent also had a reply stamp sent with it..one had an attachment…for a total of 7 stamps the three confirmation # are 330754597, 329020283 and 328546479…. thank you for your help..

24. Jade Trombetta

September 18, 2017 - 10:55 am

Hi Debbie – Apologies for the inconvenience. Sometimes emails are delayed because they are being reviewed. If this issues continues, please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will look into why the emails are delayed. Thanks!

25. Debbie Edmondson

September 18, 2017 - 10:16 am

this seems to be a constant issue with jpay that gets ignored, emails are frequently slow or don’t arrive at all, we pay for a service that works slowly or part of the time. why isn’t this better managed or corrected?

26. Kathy

September 18, 2017 - 8:58 am

Why can’t I email through jpay? There no link for jpay email. Only to send money…

27. IVETTE BERMUDEZ

September 17, 2017 - 9:01 pm

I cant put money in my account..

28. Hilda Rivera

September 17, 2017 - 7:28 pm

How can o restore an email with attachments that was saved to draft?

29. Angela Hipp

September 17, 2017 - 8:52 am

Hi Eddie #998142. Adam and Frank wanted me to tell you they miss you and love you! Hope you are doing ok! Aggie has all your pics! I guess Barb is supposed to be sending you money!

30. Angela Hipp

September 17, 2017 - 8:49 am

Hi This is Angie Adams girlfriend! Him and Frank wanted me to tell you they love you and miss you! Also Aggie has all you photos! I guess Barb is supposed to send you money! Hope you are doing ok!

31. Glenda Ray

September 16, 2017 - 7:49 pm

I have 23 stamps and can not write my daughter,Mary Oletta Vineyard! Please let me know why! Her #is2039840 Thank you Glenda Ray

32. Teresa mercado

September 16, 2017 - 1:41 pm

I.am not able to open my email from Richard white

33. Tina L. Jackson

September 16, 2017 - 6:13 am

Hello, does the JP5 tablet have access to emails, photos and the educational JP lantern component as well? I’m confused about the difference in the capability of the two tablets.

34. Traci White

September 15, 2017 - 10:55 pm

My daughter was incarcerated for two yrs there in Rockville. I was approved for visiting then, she unfortunately is back there for min of 60 days, I’m not able to put money on her books until I fill out another visit app again but when I got on here it shows I’m still approved. So why cant I put money on her books?

35. Christopher D Dyal

September 15, 2017 - 10:46 pm

Hi Christopher, So sorry it took me a while to reach you. I am currently in the Wounded Warrior Battalion at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. I am retiring from Active Duty. I had a little injury in Afghanistan, but am doing better now. I remarried a nice gentleman I met
    in Afghanistan during a multinational mission. He is from the country of Georgia. between eastern Europe and Asia. We put $25.00 in your account and will send more when we can. I love ya! Aunt Terrie Arabuli address 4250 Bamford Court, Fort George Meade, MD 20755 will try to write you!

36. Cynthia Grimes

September 15, 2017 - 9:08 pm

Hi Bub its Mamaw just wanted to tell you I love you and hope you are doing good

37. Catherine Campbell

September 15, 2017 - 3:14 pm

And for your information J Pay support / phone number BOTH state “things are fixed” and inmate should be receiving e mail with no issues.. Only time he gets them again is if it’s 2 lines or less..

38. Catherine Campbell

September 15, 2017 - 3:10 pm

I have sent my inmate 6 e mails on Tuesday and 8 on Wednesday and he has not received them. This has been on ongoing issue. The only way to write my inmate at point in time is 2 lines per email. WILL this ever be fixed?

39. Chiquita H Robert's

September 15, 2017 - 11:13 am

I received a email massage today on the 15th of September around 10:47am and couldn’t retrieve it from inmate Ricky Holmes. Can someone please tell me how can I retrieve my massage seems to me that it is stuck in my inbox.. thanks Mrs. C. Roberts

40. The Bruce

September 15, 2017 - 12:22 am

Still not working right. emails arrive out of order, some up to 4 days old.

41. Stephanie Dixon

September 14, 2017 - 9:43 pm

I am aware that lately there has been technical issues and storms but I have had more problems out of the email and snap and send in the last month then I have over the past 2 years combined. Every day i have an issue at some point, I kept thinking it was my phone or carrier, but I have looked extensively through both and most of the time you send an email saying everything has been resolved etcetc and yet mine may work at first and then the issue comes up again. It literally says that “request cannot be processed at this time” and its not just the email or picture being sent, most of the time i cant even log into the account even if I am on WIFI. One minute its fine and the next min I cannot log in for hours, I send emails to you and never get a real response only that a trouble ticket has been issued but never given information as to what to do to make it run smoother or even tell me what the issue is. Can you please get whatever it is fixed because I love JPAY but it is a paid service and it becomes an issue when my loved one is worried because they cannot reach me, this can and does cause issues in relationships. Not matter how much trust there is, it makes things look sketchy and cause undue stress. Thank you

42. Jade Trombetta

September 14, 2017 - 11:03 am

Hi Jackie – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative can look into this issue for you. Thanks!

43. Jade Trombetta

September 14, 2017 - 11:02 am

Hi Olivia – Please email Support@JPay.com and they’ll look into the issue for you. Your loved one may not have those services available. Thanks!

44. Jade Trombetta

September 14, 2017 - 11:00 am

Hi Kimberlee – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative can answer your questions and help get you setup with JPay!

45. Jade Trombetta

September 14, 2017 - 10:57 am

Hi Brittany – Please email Support@JPay.com or call 800-574-5729 with your account information and a representative will help you login. Thanks!

46. Brittany Connors

September 13, 2017 - 11:59 pm

It won’t let me login it’s saying that my email isn’t recognized in your database and I have about 14 stamps left in my account!

47. rosa garcia

September 13, 2017 - 10:05 pm

I cant locate my email tab or stamps

48. joyce boyd

September 13, 2017 - 10:00 pm

im trying to send my brother a email thru jpay why is it so hard to connect

49. Kimberlee Beverly

September 13, 2017 - 11:46 am

My so is I Florida RMC main unit . can he get emails and video visitations as I live in Ohio and if so how much are they ? Also I have internet and a tablet an laptop. Please let me know how to go about emails and video visit asap and cost of each in his location! Thank you Kimberlee Beverly
    Inmate Richard Beverly RMC Main Unit Lake Butler Florida
    Inmate #R39246

50. Olivia

September 13, 2017 - 10:13 am

Why can’t I send an email ?
    It does not allow me to review old emails.
    send an email or even purchase stamps for my loved one