Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

1,023 Comments

July 2, 2019 - 8:26 am

Hi Tara – We are sorry for the delay and any inconvenience caused. Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

2. Tara

July 1, 2019 - 11:47 pm

Me and my guy always have issues with delays on the weekend. This past weekend is crazy. He didn’t receive a message from early Friday until late Sunday. I have sent over 5 messages now and he has got 1 in 3 days. What is going on

3. Crystal

July 1, 2019 - 7:03 pm

Once again, you have just sent me a basic statement that you send everyone. If you would have actually read my statement, you would have seen that he already put in a work order and that he can hardly get onto the kiosk as there is only one kiosk for 70 men. So how is he going to get help with his tablet if he can’t get or send emails on his tablet and that his tablet won’t sync to the kiosk for troubleshooting shooting? Your company just blows people off and never actually does anything to resolve issues.

July 1, 2019 - 12:47 pm

Hello Crystal – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The individual should submit tablet inquiries using the kiosk. Once received, a representative will address his/her concerns. Thanks!

5. Crystal

June 29, 2019 - 9:02 pm

My full conversation with a Jpay person. This is frustrating getting basic responses with no real answers or fixes….
    My husband’s tablet is not working correctly. He cant send or receive messages, can’t download music, it will not sync to the kiosk. It just spins but nothing happens. This is our only form of communication and I was told his work order won’t be responded to from 7 to 14 business days. This is unacceptable. We pay every month to use jpay and he pays for programs every month. This needs to be fixed immediately. I should not have to wait to speak to my husband. And 7 to 14 days, just for a response? Ridiculous! We need to have a fix immediately please. Thank you.
    Hi Crystal – We apologize for the inconvenience and understand your frustration. Customer Service will respond to your husband and help troubleshoot the tablet issue. In the meantime, he can use the kiosk to send and receive emails. Thanks!
    When will they contact him? There is a guy in with him and their tablet hasnt worked for several months and doesnt really get a reply. There are 80 men for 1 kiosk, it is almost impossible to get on that is why we paid you for a tablet and now it isnt working. It is some type of software issue that wont just fix itself. He either needs someone to come look at it physically, since it wont connect to the kiosk, or get a replacement tablet. This is ridiculous to have to wait so long. Everyone says that it is important for inmates to have access to family, but no one cares to rush to keep that happening. It really messes with their minds being in there with no accses to family. Someone said he can request to talk to a local jpay support team at the facility. Do you really have that available to them? If thst was really true, it wouldn’t take months to get things fixed. I am going to call and write everyday if i have to so this gets fixed. Do you know how hard it is for a kid to not talk to her daddy when they are used to getting messages everyday? The child doesn’t understand that. This needs to be taken care of asap.
    my husband is at the Cross City work camp. His tablet was working when he was at the East Unit. When he tried to sync his tablet to the kiosk at the work camp, he started having issues. Several people that are there started having problems when they got to that unit. There is something wrong with kiosk. The people that dont sync up, do not have issues. Someone needs to go out there and look at that kiosk. We pay good money to keep in touch with our families…without the inmate having to fight for 15 minutes of time on the kiosk. I will call and write everyday until this is fixed. I will contact legal representation if I have to. Do you guys really care about the inmates? Them and their families pay their hard earned money to be able to connect without struggling to do it. I have heard and seen so many bad things about jpay support. You are quick to take our money but not provide help when we need it. It would be nice to get responses to my messages instead of being ignoredor just shoved off with a basic response that you give everyone to make us feel like things are getting done when they are not. You really need to get someone out there to check your kiosks so things will work. Thank you
    Hi Crystal – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have forward the issue to a technician for further review. We will have someone dispatched to the facility. Thanks!
    Thank you very much. We will be waiting for a quick follow up.
    Hello Crystal – You’re welcome!
    Do you happen to know when the tech will get there?
    Hello Crystal – A work order was just created, the next available technician will be assigned. An ETA is not available. Thanks!
    Ok, we will keep an eye on this as I have seen reviews and experience by other people that jpay support is not the most dependable. We struggle to pay for services and to help him stay sane in this environment. Fighting for the kiosk is not a healthy environment to have to stress about when we have paid for a tablet for your services.
    Who is the support team for Cross City that my husband can talk to? He was told to send a request to the support group. Who is the support group?
    Also, when the technician comes out to look at the kiosk, are they also going to check his tablet to make sure it works too as well? This needs to happen while they are there since he has put in a ticket also. If his tablet will not work, we need a replacement asap. Thank you!
    Hi Crystal – A support ticket is submitted through the kiosk. There is no onsite technicians to check your loved ones tablet. If there is a problem with the tablet, he should submit a support ticket and troubleshooting steps will be provided. Thanks!
    If troubleshooting fails and your loved ones tablet is under warranty, instructions on how to return the tablet will be provided. Thanks!
    He has put in a ticket like I have stated before. When he hooks up the tablet to the kiosk, it does nothing but spins like it it syncing but it is not. There is no option to troubleshoot in this case. And of course it is past the warranty, but this is a software issue and it was nothing he did. I keep getting the run around from you people. There is no joay support team at the facility like you claim he needs to contact. So he is sitting there with a 150.00 paper weight. This is ridiculous how you do not help the inmates. He needs his tablet fixedor replaced. No one has contacted him yet and doubt they will. How can they contact him if he can’t get emails on his tablet and has a hard time getting on the kiosk? Your company is stealing tons of money from inmates and families and you do not help fix any of the issues they have. You just sit there and send ” basic” messages out and hope to shut us up. Well, I am not that person. I will be contacting a lawyer because you are basically stealing our money when you won’t fix the equipment we buy from you. All you do it put things off to the facility or on the families. We can’t even purchase another tablet because they can’t have 2. And when there is an open ticket, they have no options. If we do need a replacement, it takes anywhere ftom 1 to 6 months to get. Even the prison staff has told me this. Your company is a joke and monopolizing the system and jacking prices up. I will be reporting you to the better business bureau. I see there are already plenty of unsatisfactory dealings with you. You need to fix or replace his tablet ASAP. There is no way he can troubleshoot his tablet if it doesn’t work when hooked up to the kiosk. That is common sense. So what are you gping to do about that now since he has no other options for a fix??????
    I will be sure and share all this with as many people as I can, including the Warden, Governor, and anyone else I can think of. There needs to be better support for our inmates and facilities without getting ripped off and pushed aside. I will be fighting this as hard as I can if nothing is done about my husband’s tablet!
    Hi Crystal – Your loved one submitted a ticket on 6/21/2019, which was followed by a response informing him that his concern will be addressed. We know how inconvenient waiting for a reply can be. You have our commitment that our support team is doing everything we can to minimize delays. Thanks!
    We will see if your company actually helps this time. I sure hope so. I will not be without communication from my husband! And I will not be willing to wait for months like other people either. I will be staying on top of this.
    You still didn’t explain how he can troubleshoot his tablet if it doesn’t work when hooked up to the kiosk???
    He told me that he got the “basic” automated response after putting in his ticket. That is not responding to him in my opinion. When does he get the troubleshooting instructions and how does he get them? If his tablet can’t sync to the kiosk, how does he follow instructions? He can’t receive or send emails from his tablet. Like I said before, it is a struggle to get on the kiosk. How long before the technician comes out to the facility? It is very frustrating not to be able to keep in contact with my husband.

June 27, 2019 - 9:29 am

Hello Crystal – We are sorry to hear that your loved one is having trouble using his JPay tablet. Seven(7) to fourteen(14) days definitely does not sound correct! Although, there is an influx in tickets the representatives are addressing each trouble ticket received as effective as they can. Your husband must submit a trouble ticket using the kiosk. Your husband will be guided through a series of troubleshooting steps to bring the tablet back online. Thank you for your patience!

June 27, 2019 - 8:31 am

Hello Crystal – We are sorry for the delay and any inconvenience this may have caused. We thank you for bringing this to our attention, our technicians have been notified and one will be dispatched to Cross City Work Camp to troubleshoot and repair the kiosk located in Mr. Duffy’s unit. Thanks!

8. Crystal

June 26, 2019 - 6:09 pm

My husband is at the Cross City work camp. His tablet was working when he was at the East Unit. When he tried to sync his tablet to the kiosk at the work camp, he started having issues. Several people that are there started having problems when they got to that unit. There is something wrong with kiosk. The people that dont sync up, do not have issues. Someone needs to go out there and look at that kiosk. We pay good money to keep in touch with our families…without the inmate having to fight for 15 minutes of time on the kiosk. I will call and write everyday until this is fixed. I will contact legal representation if I have to. Do you guys really care about the inmates? Them and their families pay their hard earned money to be able to connect without struggling to do it. I have heard and seen so many bad things about jpay support. You are quick to take our money but not provide help when we need it. It would be nice to get responses to my messages instead of being ignoredor just shoved off with a basic response that you give everyone to make us feel like things are getting done when they are not. You really need to get someone out there to check your kiosks so things will work. Thank you

9. Crystal

June 21, 2019 - 8:43 pm

June 19, 2019 - 1:03 pm

Hi Kevin – We’re sorry to hear this. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

June 19, 2019 - 1:02 pm

Hi Nicole – We’re sorry to hear this. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

June 19, 2019 - 12:59 pm

Hi Dustin – We’re sorry to hear you’re having issues with the app. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

June 19, 2019 - 12:59 pm

Hi Tasha – Thank you for emailing customer service. A representative will get back you – we appreciate your patients. Thanks!

June 19, 2019 - 12:57 pm

Hi Tasha – We’re sorry to hear this. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

June 19, 2019 - 12:56 pm

Hi Ashley – We’re sorry to hear this. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

16. Ashley

June 18, 2019 - 9:10 am

I’m not getting emails. I called jpay and the lady said I have 3 new emails but there is nothing showing by me. Please help with this problem. I haven’t spoken to my loved one in over a month due to this

17. Tasha J

June 17, 2019 - 8:10 pm

Hi Jpay , My BF who is serving row no longer have an access to his inbox on his Jpay tablet via wifi. He can get inbox messages on the kiosk though, but nothing on his tablet. Is there any solution so he can get his inbox messages on his tablet again.perhaps reboot his system or install ”flash feature”? Also We’re have trouble ticket #00337349 issued but not review been 3 weeks , any ways to expedite the process?

18. Tasha J

June 17, 2019 - 3:47 am

hi jpay’s support team, i did sent an email to support@jpay.com , can update me if its being review or perhaps expedite the request/process? its been 2 weeks .. Thanks!

19. dustin kurowski

June 15, 2019 - 10:09 pm

App not working just stays on loading screen. and 5 stamps sent for 1 letter through website

20. Nicole

June 13, 2019 - 4:51 pm

since 6/11/19 i have not received the 6 emails and pictures my LO sent, he is in the state of WA, he said it is all the inmates that are experiencing this. This is my first time having issues getting emails but now my LO isnt getting his. Please help

21. Kevin Jones

June 13, 2019 - 4:44 pm

Hello, I do not have the email function anymore. It has been out for the last two days, can you help me get this function back so I can start back sending messages.

June 12, 2019 - 1:05 pm

Hello Joanne – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have reviewed your account, and all the Pre-Paid Stamp you Attached were successfully delivered to JENNA DEFALCO and are available for use. Thanks!

23. Joanne Ferdinando

June 10, 2019 - 4:20 pm

I am sending email stamps for replied each time I write but the intended recipient is not receiving them at Lowell Correctional Annex in Florida. She wrote me a “snail mail” letter asking that I send email stamps so she can reply, but I have already sent at least six and she is not getting them. Can you tell me why? Thanks.

June 10, 2019 - 2:49 pm

Hello Terrance – We are unable to determine who it is that you have not been in contact with. There are several names listed on your JPay email list of contacts. Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 2:45 pm

Hello Terrance – Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 2:29 pm

Hello Clo66 – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. The individual should submit tablet inquiries using the kiosk. Once received, a representative will address his/her concerns. Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 10:53 am

Hi Charlotte – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. In addition, what state are you inquiring sending photos for? Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 10:24 am

Hi Angela – At this time, there are no holiday packages available. If/when we have promotional offers, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 10:18 am

Hi Rebekah – We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

June 10, 2019 - 10:12 am

Hi Rebekah – Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thanks!

31. Rebekah

June 4, 2019 - 5:27 pm

I have left a comment before but for some reason it’s disappeared. The inmate has sent me lots of emails within the last few weeks however I’m not getting any of them! He gets mine the same/next day but it takes weeks for me to receive his reply if I get it at all! Luckily we speak on the phone but I also love receiving emails from him too. I’ve tried contacting the number provided here but they say there’s nothing they can do:( I have also emailed several times with no reply! Please help!

32. Angela Cumbee

June 4, 2019 - 8:39 am

Hi, I am curious about Holiday Packages. Are they still offered to order for inmate’s?

33. Rebekah Chance

June 3, 2019 - 2:53 am

I’m not receiving my emails until after a week at the least after they have been sent. Also my partner isn’t receiving mine for days either! I know he sent one 2 weeks ago that I still have not received (we speak on the phone) He’s in Washington state penitentiary. I have emailed JPay about 5 times regarding this issue however I have never received a response back. The time delayed in receiving emails for the both of us are getting longer!

34. Charlotte Garnette

June 2, 2019 - 3:46 am

I need my jpay app updated.also want to know how do i send photos.

35. Clo66

May 23, 2019 - 1:39 am

Message from my LO :

My inbox on my tablet went out on April, 20 2019, stating “Sorry, I’m trying to get rid of your device.” I would like to say that I would like to answer the question, I would not be able to answer the question. suppose to respond to them, is not doing so. Thinking it was the tablet, I broke down and bought a new one. I went out today, May 22, 2019, hooked up my new tablet. And the inbox came back. I started up a couple of emails to read, and the inbox went out again.I tryed to re-sycn the tablet, and it did the same thing the old tablet did, Saying tablet unable to sync. It’s syncing up, putting games on music, it will not sync up and solve the problem with the inbox. This problem has been going on for over a month! And two other inmates on this side of the building are having the exact same problem. And since they are not responding to the trouble ticket, who knows how to fix this? Please, cause this has gone on far to long. I can get emails out, but I can not get them in. Please help me out with this. Thank you.

May 22, 2019 - 2:18 pm

Hi Pete – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help answer your questions. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:17 pm

Hi Norma – If the option for email is no longer displayed, that most likely means your loved one’s location no longer offers that service. For more information, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:07 pm

Hi Bridget – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look into the issues you’re experiencing with email. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:05 pm

Hi Louise – We’re sorry to hear this! Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can see what is causing your email issues. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:02 pm

Hi Michele – We’re sorry to hear this! Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can see what’s causing the issue with your emails. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:02 pm

Hi Damika – We’re sorry to hear this! Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can see what’s causing the issue with your emails. Thanks!

May 22, 2019 - 2:00 pm

Hi Renee – Please have your friend submit a “Trouble Ticket” on the JPay kiosk and Customer Service will help your friend directly. Thanks!

43. Renee

May 21, 2019 - 2:09 pm

My friend can no longer access his inbox on his Jpay tablet. He can get inbox messages on the kiosk, but nothing on his tablet. Is there any solution so he can get his inbox messages on his table again.
    Thank you.

44. Damika Walker

May 20, 2019 - 1:09 pm

I’m not receiving any of my emails from my loved ones

45. Michele Chandler

May 19, 2019 - 3:20 pm

I havent received any jpay messages or pictures that my fiance sent me 3 days ago. I’ve never had his messages take so long to get to me. Is there a problem with jpay?

46. Louise McWhirk

May 17, 2019 - 10:13 am

It’s May 17th, 2019. Still not receiving E-mails from loved one in airway heights Washington State !

47. BRIDGET SULLIVAN

May 16, 2019 - 12:20 pm

My LO hasn’t received any of my emails over the last month but I am receiving his. He isn’t always able to use the phone due to people causing a lot of issues in his Unit. He relies on his jpay… and I’ve used well around 10 stamps or more. What’s going on?!

48. Norma J

May 8, 2019 - 3:18 pm

Why doesn’t the access for email show up in jpay anymore?

May 7, 2019 - 4:20 pm

Hi Courtney – Often time emails deliver instantaneously. However, we strive to deliver all eMessages within 72 hours from the sent time. Thank you for reporting the time stamp issue, we have forwarded your issue for review. Thanks!

May 7, 2019 - 3:57 pm

Hi Fred – We’re sorry for the inconvenience! Please uninstall and then reinstall the app and ensure you have the most up-to-date version of the app as well! If you are still experiencing issues, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!