Normal email service restored

We are aware that some of you may have experienced delays in our email service over the past few days. This was caused by an exceptionally high volume of emails coupled with a technical issue. This issue has been resolved, and emails should now be flowing normally.

If you were affected by this delay, please rest assured that your emails will be processed and their status will be updated in due course.

Thank you for your patience, and thank you for using JPay!

1. Elizabeth

November 17, 2017 - 7:08 pm

Hi. I’m not sure if this is an issue that can be fixed or if it’s just a glitch that y’all know about and are hopefully trying to resolve. Lately I have not been getting sound or pop up notifications on my iPhone 7 Plus letting me know that I received a message from my loved one. I have checked the notification settings for the JPay app on my phone to make sure nothing was changed and everything is still set as it should be. This happens regardless of if I am using my carriers internet or if I am connected to WiFi. The only way I know that I have a message is if I check my email or go into the app and happen to see that I have a message.

2. Daisy

November 17, 2017 - 7:05 pm

Does Missouri ( Fulton reception and diagnostic ) have where you can send reply stamps if so how do I do this? Thanks!

3. Rose Vasquez

November 17, 2017 - 10:37 am

I’m having problems trying to get into my accounts I have 2 of which neither will open! Please reimburse me for these 2 accounts!

4. Anthony Cruz

November 16, 2017 - 4:45 pm

I can’t see any botton on jpay so I can send an email I live in the Washington area

5. JPayModerator

November 15, 2017 - 4:18 pm

Hi Ally – Please email Support@JPay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be able to provide you with assistance purchasing stamps. Thanks

6. JPayModerator

November 15, 2017 - 4:11 pm

Hi Danielle – What state/facility is your loved one located?

7. Danielle

November 15, 2017 - 3:45 pm

Why can I only send money to my loved one? There’s no email button or anything?

8. JPayModerator

November 14, 2017 - 2:12 pm

Hi Casey – Please contact the facility your love one is located in for more information regarding visitor applications. Thanks!

9. Casey

November 13, 2017 - 2:24 pm

How long does the visitors application take to be approved?

10. JPayModerator

November 13, 2017 - 2:24 pm

Hi Dawn – As long as your dad is transferred to a facility which has JPay email services he will receive his messages. Also, depending on the state your father is in, he can purchase stamps which he can use to reply to your messages or can reply using a prepaid stamp which you can have sent to him. Thanks!

11. JPayModerator

November 13, 2017 - 2:18 pm

Hi Vickie – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be able to research the issues your account may be experiencing. Thanks!

12. JPayModerator

November 13, 2017 - 2:13 pm

Hi Sarah – Your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a slight delay in delivery. If you’re still experiencing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into your account and see what’s causing the issue. Thanks!

13. JPayModerator

November 13, 2017 - 10:29 am

Hi Melissa – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will give you more information on our email service. Thanks!

14. Melissa

November 11, 2017 - 5:23 pm

How do I attatch a picture to an email?
    He is in WRDCC in Missouri.

15. Sarah

November 11, 2017 - 11:27 am

Seem to be having issues receiving emails from my loved one. One message will come through, and then the next won’t. They are showing as sent in his sent folder, but I am not receiving them.

16. Patricia Melchor

November 11, 2017 - 3:09 am

I’m using the service of CorrLinks in another state and it is amazing. Same day service. $6.00 a year. Have had no problem. New to JPay. I’m hoping they will offer me the same service.

17. Dawn

November 9, 2017 - 8:41 pm

Hello! I am new to jpay. I recently bought some stamps to email my dad, my question is if he has just been transfered somewhere how will he know he has gotten an email? Also, are the stamps for me to only send him emails, or can he also use them to respond to what I’ve sent? Sorry for the probably most plain and simple answerable questions, I just don’t know.

18. Vickie Philippi

November 9, 2017 - 4:08 pm

I cannot get into JPay to leave email or send money.

19. Ally

November 9, 2017 - 1:25 am

I have tried at least ten times to buy stamps so I can send emails with my loved one and every single time it tells me it fails. I have tried the app and I have tried going on the actual website. I don’t understand what is going on. I use this card every single day. I have it hooked up to other things for my payments to come directly out so I don’t understand why I’m having such a problem with jpay.

20. JPayModerator

November 8, 2017 - 3:23 pm

Hi Cyndi – What state/facility is your loved one located in?

21. JPayModerator

November 7, 2017 - 4:20 pm

Hi Krys – Any funds which were previously sent to your loved ones commissary through a previous provider should still be available for use.

22. JPayModerator

November 7, 2017 - 4:17 pm

Hi Tomeka – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will give you more information on why you haven’t received your emails. It’s possible your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a slight delay in delivery. Thanks!

23. JPayModerator

November 7, 2017 - 11:07 am

Hi Sean – How are you attempting to attach the picture? Are you using the JPay mobile app?

24. Cyndi Zimmer

November 6, 2017 - 12:46 pm

I just paid for more stamps so I could email my loved one. My bank account was charged for the stamps, however the stamps are NOT showing in my account and I have no access to use email for communication with my inmate.

I have sent 3 communications to JPay to inquire as to why they would take my money for stamps, but not give me access to email. I have received no responses. This smells like a SCAM to me. I would like access to the email OR a REFUND for my stamps purchase!!!

25. Jesi

November 5, 2017 - 11:41 pm

What happened to what missouri doc had before and what about the credits I bought for that? When did this all change again?

26. Sean

November 5, 2017 - 11:38 pm

This is asinine, I can’t send a picture even though Jpay says that I can online. The attachment button is MIA. Ridiculous.

27. Tomeka Johnson

November 5, 2017 - 12:01 am

28. Tomeka

November 4, 2017 - 11:58 pm

Emails are going out on both ends but we’re not receiving them. Updated & refreshed the app also checked emails through browser and nothing.

29. Krys Thoene

November 4, 2017 - 6:58 pm

What happened to funds already posted to access corrections?

30. JPayModerator

November 3, 2017 - 8:58 am

Hi Elizabeth – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will assist you with our email service. Thanks!

31. Elizabeth

November 2, 2017 - 6:03 pm

Can’t do a email what is the problem i would like to hear from my loved one he is very important to me.Thank You.

32. Barry Ben-Horowitz

November 1, 2017 - 9:26 am

JPay email service is horrible. It can take up to 2 – 3 days to send a SIMPLE email. Email is not sophisticated technology. It has been around since the late 80s. The cost is over the top which is a burden on the family but yet we cant even get an email delivered in an acceptable amount of time which even for the busiest email servers is 15 minutes MAX. JPay has a monopoly on this service so we must insist on reliable service at an acceptable performance level.

33. JPayModerator

October 31, 2017 - 2:02 pm

Hi Shelia – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be delighted in providing you more information about your account. Thanks!

34. JPayModerator

October 30, 2017 - 1:46 pm

Hi Tieann – JPay does not offer care packages at this time. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

35. Imani

October 30, 2017 - 1:35 pm

The new version of this jpay app sucks! I have an iPhone 7 Plus and the screen is large enough to read long texts, but anytime I send lengthy emails to my boyfriend they get cut off where I can’t see it and neither can he! jPay, how about you test the dimensions first before releasing an “updated” version to the public. Ever thought of doing that??

36. Tieann

October 29, 2017 - 12:58 pm

How do I send a care package threw jpay

37. Wilma Burnia

October 28, 2017 - 10:56 pm

this is wonderful thank you very much

38. Shelia

October 28, 2017 - 1:00 pm

Hi from Washington state–I am unable to send emails to my son and the block is not even available to click on. What is the problem–336306

39. Rose

October 28, 2017 - 12:25 am

I just sent my friend an email he is at SATF – CDCR. We are new to this system, it sent and took the credits, but the email is not showing up in my sent folder is there a wait time for it to show up? Thank you in advance.

40. JPayModerator

October 25, 2017 - 2:11 pm

Hi Martha – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They’ll be able to walk you through the steps of processing a payment. Thanks!

41. Martha Sims

October 25, 2017 - 1:19 pm

I have been unable to put my funds on my husbands account 6 times. It has failed. I spoke with my bank and it is not on there end. Can you please help. Husband name Paul Sims 063311 Florida State Prison. Thank you this needs to be resolved. I have call Customer Service for Jpay numerous amount of times with no results

42. Lena

October 24, 2017 - 11:24 am

So I guess i can safely assume that my emails are not being received as they are still listed as sent and I have yet to receive any response from my friend and so many others are having the same problem. Although the rep was extremely kind i was noy given any information from jpay other than they are showing as sent on their end. I also read in the help section you are able to add a reply stamp and thought that would help get a response but ended up having to have a ticket written out because i do not have that link access neither does my friends mom on hers. Does everyone else have this link but us? And do i have to call again to have a ticket made for my emails not going through? It has been a week since my first email and 3 since i have spoken to him and it is just unacceptable. As if we all dont have enough to stress about.

43. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 10:01 am

Hi Brittany – As of right now email service are running as normal. If you have any concerns regarding our email service, please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative will provide you with more assistance. Thanks!

44. Brittany Keller

October 23, 2017 - 6:04 pm

Well jpay is not allowing me to send my email.. I have 15 and it only cost 8 stamps to send. It’s ridiculous that poor their customer service and lack of real points of contact. They make way too much money for the bs! There’s no compensation for money lost noe time that this website is broken. There hasn’t even been any sort of update regarding this issue. I’m disgusted with how private companies who contract for a ton of money and e
    Have every form of marketing but have piss poor customer representatives and a better way of solving customer issues.

45. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:06 am

Hi Kimberly – To utilize our services simply visit https://www.jpay.com or click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

46. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:01 am

Hi Melissa – Your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a slight delay in delivery. If you’re still experiencing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into your account and see what’s causing the issue. Thanks!

47. Jeremiah Watson

October 22, 2017 - 2:01 pm

Just great! From the looks of things, seems that we here in MO need to prepare for a huge mess… For some unknown reason jpay has just replaced Access Corrections, which 98% of the time, was working out just fine! U could send 1 free email a day to an inmate per account, I had created like 3 and could email more than I needed, they just didn’t have the ability to respond, other than by phone, which is ran by securus and is surprisingly very reasonable in their pricing!!
    I’m to happy about losing access corr. and my FREE EMAILS that they usually would receive within 24 hrs depending what time of day that I sent them excluding weekends!!! To this JPay, which after reading the majority of these comments, appears to be nothing but a huge mess with all sorts of problems!!

48. Kimberly woods

October 20, 2017 - 8:24 pm

How do I start an account for my husband.

49. melissa

October 20, 2017 - 11:32 am

I’ve sent several pictures that weren’t riskay and my person didn’t get them. That’s a wasted stamp and there was nothing wrong with them. I don’t understand.

50. JPayModerator

October 19, 2017 - 9:40 am

Hi Cassie – We are aware of issues with the JPay mobile app – we apologize for the inconvenience and understand this can be frustrating. We want to assure you that JPay’s support teams are actively engaged in resolving these issues, and we expect a resolution shortly.