Meet Snap N’ Send

Sending selfies to your loved one has never been this easy. JPay recently introduced Snap N’ Send, a feature of the JPay mobile app that allows you to send a picture to your incarcerated loved one… without having to attach it to an email! It’s that simple: you just snap a photo and click send!

Staying in touch can be as easy as Snapping N Sending. Share those everyday moments by seamlessly taking and sending pictures all in one single, intuitive step and for just one stamp, you can bring a moment of joy. Don’t forget to dust off any old pics stored away that can now be shared with your loved one with Snap N’ Send.

Download the JPay app today to conveniently stay connected with the services available at your loved one’s facility. Now available for IPhone and Android devices.

Try Snap n’ Send!

1. Download & open the JPay App
  2. Select your loved one in a participating facility
  3. Take or select a picture to be sent to your loved one
  4. Click “Send” and your picture will be delivered (Please be aware that photos might be screened before being released)

*Snap N’ Send is only available through JPay App and is only available for you to send to your loved one*

Don’t have the app?

cta-appstore cta-gplay

Tagged in:, ,

1. April

August 29, 2018 - 10:24 am

Is the attachment through email available for moberly correctional facility in Missouri yet? If not any idea when?

August 27, 2018 - 1:56 pm

Hi Lisa – JPay tablets are not available in TX. However, you can send your loved ones emails. Thanks!

August 27, 2018 - 1:55 pm

Hi April – Your loved one can simply select the photo, and then select Delete. Thanks!

4. APRIL N TUCKER

August 18, 2018 - 12:36 pm

How does an inmate erase pictures off the tablet

5. LISA CANDANOZA

August 17, 2018 - 1:02 pm

My husbands in tdcj in austin texas does it cost anything to send him pictures and i read something about purchasing a device? Does that mean he has to buy a device before he starts receiving pics?

August 1, 2018 - 9:16 pm

Hi Janice – It takes one stamp to send a photo. You can send a photo using Snap n’ Send through the JPay mobile app (if available for your loved one’s facility), however that is just one photo as well. Thanks!

7. Janice Fortin

July 30, 2018 - 7:43 am

How can I sent multiple pics at one time (using one stamp)? I am in Michigan and my daughter said that one of her friends was able to send more than one picture at a time using the App but only using up one stamp.

July 17, 2018 - 10:27 am

Hi Perla – No video or image can be larger in size than 1MB (1024 kb). Thanks!

9. Perla

July 15, 2018 - 2:45 am

Is there a size limit for the pictures?

July 12, 2018 - 12:45 pm

Hi Brandi – Your loved ones see the photos as they are taken in Snap n’ Send, in color. Thanks!

11. Brandi Barnes

July 10, 2018 - 7:44 pm

Do the inmates receive pictures in B&W?

July 10, 2018 - 11:02 am

Hi Tami – Snap n’ Send is not yet available in Missouri. Thanks!

13. Tami Lay

July 2, 2018 - 5:35 pm

Is this available in Ozark Correctional Center in Missouri as it’s not letting me send pictures

May 31, 2018 - 9:44 am

Hi Shauna – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service representative can look and see what’s causing the photo issue. Thanks!

May 29, 2018 - 9:36 am

Hi Shauna – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will look into your account to see what’s causing the issue. Thanks!

16. Shauna

May 27, 2018 - 3:27 pm

I sent my bf pictures and it took my stamps. However he can’t view them. Why is that? How can I get this fixed?

May 15, 2018 - 10:46 am

Hi Becky – The Mother’s Day promotion was sending VideoGrams for one stamp each, not free photos. Apologies for any confusion. Thanks!

18. Becky

May 13, 2018 - 2:39 pm

My sister an inmate in Ohio called and said her cell mate told her you could send free photos today on mother’s day. But I do not see that option. So I am asking is this true. If so how do I do this I have JPay app and on windows10 thanks. Becky

April 27, 2018 - 11:12 am

Hi Molly – Your friend will need to write a trouble ticket through the kiosk and Customer Service will provide next steps. Only he will be able to purchase another tablet. However, depending on the state, you could fund his media account to make that purchase. Thanks!

20. Molly Anderson

April 26, 2018 - 9:32 pm

Hi my guy broke his tablet and it says he already has one so I cannot buy a new one what do we do?

April 17, 2018 - 9:44 am

Hi Rachel – Please email Support@JPay.com to see if you can purchase the device. If your loved one already has a device, only he/she can purchase a new one. And we need to confirm that the JP5 tablets are available in your loved one’s location. Thanks!

22. RACHEL G

April 16, 2018 - 9:15 am

HI HOW CAN I BUY A TABLET ?

March 26, 2018 - 10:06 am

Hi Arlene – We’re happy to clarify this for you. Snap n’ Sends and VideoGrams can only be sent and viewed on your smartphone through the JPay mobile app. You can’t view them on the computer. You can’t save the VideoGrams to share and Snap n’ Sends are only sent from your smartphone, they can’t be sent by your loved one in the facility. However if your loved one sends you a photo attachment via email you can save that. Thanks!

24. Arlene Sturgill

March 21, 2018 - 3:26 pm

My son is here in Florida’s DOC and all of this is new to us. He recently sent me a video gram. I had been looking for it on my jpay account on my computer, not knowing that it was sent thru snap and send, which only shows on my cell phone. Im wondering if there is a way to view what is sent through snap and send mbl on the computer instead? And is there a way to save that video or share it with outlets such as facebook, ect?

March 19, 2018 - 8:58 am

Hi Aimee – If your husband did not receive an email, it was flagged for review and rejected for a certain reason. You can email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will look into this for you. Thanks!

March 19, 2018 - 8:56 am

Hi Bridget – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will look into your account and help you with the picture issue. Thanks!

27. Bridget

March 17, 2018 - 10:26 am

I have a jpay and send emails to my sister and pictures she gets my but i can only recieve emails from her not pictures can someone help me

28. Aimee

March 17, 2018 - 5:50 am

How do I know if my husband has received my letters, etc?

29. Jade Trombetta

February 21, 2018 - 3:36 pm

Hi Christine – Please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team can answer all of your questions regarding pictures, Snap n’ Send and other services. Thanks!

30. Christine G

February 17, 2018 - 8:17 pm

Hi, I purchased a tablet for my husband at Nottaway prison in Burkville Va. I am able to send pics but he has not received any pictures from me. Can u tell me how the snap n send works? Do the pictures have to be approved first? Can he receive pictures on the weekend? I’m new to all this. I see in my pics that the pictures are there and then I see 4 blank white pictures, does that mean they were not approved?

31. Jade Trombetta

February 15, 2018 - 10:36 am

Hi Erickah – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will help you. Thanks!

32. Erickah

February 15, 2018 - 9:59 am

How do I know if my picture was denied ?

33. Kelly Combs

February 9, 2018 - 9:10 am

Is there a live person to talk to for tech help?

34. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

February 2, 2018 - 2:12 pm

Hi Holly – Your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a delay in delivery. If the emails you send do not meet the guidelines of the DOC, then they may be discarded. If you are still experiencing delays, please email Support@JPay.com and our Customer Service team will look into your account and see what is causing the issue. Thanks!

35. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

February 2, 2018 - 1:56 pm

Hi Mindy – Inbound/Outbound email services became available at the Columbia Corrections Annex on January 24, 2017. Keep in mind, our Video Visit service is not available there at this time. Once the service becomes available, we will be sure to notify family and friends. Thanks you for your continued interest in our products and services.

36. Holly Schaumburg

February 2, 2018 - 11:52 am

The last email a week ago today, he still hasn’t received. I’m burning through all of our stamps trying to figure out how to send pictures and he’s not even getting a plain text email I don’t understand what I’m doing wrong.

37. Mindy Felsentreger

January 28, 2018 - 4:49 am

When did emails begin at Columbia Corrections Annex, Florida? Will they be getting the video visitation?

38. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

January 25, 2018 - 2:49 pm

Hi CeCe – Most facilities print in black and white.

39. CeCe Minneweather

January 24, 2018 - 2:30 am

Are the pictures sent to them in color or is it black and white?

40. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

January 11, 2018 - 2:30 pm

Hi Andrea – Unfortunately, our email service is not available in Pennsylvania at this time. For more information on our services, please visit http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

41. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

January 9, 2018 - 3:18 pm

Hello Kimberly – At this time, the JP5 is not for sale in Missouri. When it, as well as additional services become available, all our customers will be sure to be notified. Thanks!

42. Traci Rogers

January 5, 2018 - 7:58 pm

Does this app. work for michigan

43. Kimberly Wright

January 4, 2018 - 9:09 pm

When will this become available for Missouri

44. Andrea

January 2, 2018 - 2:37 pm

Is the E-mail and snap and send available in Pennsylvania? I downloaded the APP but cannot seem to figure out how to use those options.

45. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

January 2, 2018 - 9:56 am

Hi Jernigan – For more information regarding email delivery times and additional information regarding photos at the Lucile Plane State Jail in Texas, please email support@jpay.com and a customer service representative will provide you with more information. Thanks!

46. Jernigan Samuel

January 2, 2018 - 1:15 am

How long do it take for them to get there email n photo in Plane State Jail are the photos in color

47. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

December 27, 2017 - 10:21 am

Hello Dee – Whenever JPay hosts a promotion we alert all applicable customers, so stay tuned for next time. Thanks!

48. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

December 27, 2017 - 10:17 am

Hi Samantha – At this time, Snap N’ Send is not available in Missouri but we will be announcing additional services soon, stay tuned!

49. Samantha Wilkinson

December 23, 2017 - 7:37 pm

When will snap and send be available in Missouri

50. Cenetra Harrell

December 22, 2017 - 2:38 pm

I have never used this service before and it would not except my e-mail