JPay Email Takes Flight

In June we released a major update the JPay Mobile app for Android, and today we are proud to announce that we are entering the beta test phase of the iPhone version! If you would like to try out JPay Mobile for iPhones—with an updated look and email functionality—we are looking for testers to give us feedback. Please click on the link below and fill out the form to become a tester and get the first look inside our new app!

1. cymone

March 2, 2018 - 3:43 pm

I just signed up for jpay and would like to know how do I go able email and loved one the reason why I signed up in the first place

2. Melanie

October 16, 2017 - 10:47 pm

Why does it not have the inmates name on some transactions it says n/a also how do i get access to all emails. Deleted ones also sent

3. Kiana

October 10, 2017 - 3:41 pm

Is there any way to know if your email has been received?

4. Editor

August 18, 2017 - 1:12 pm

Hi Paula – JPay email is not available in the state of Pennsylvania. The following link http://bit.ly/2xbEXj9 will provide more information on emailing your loved one.

5. Paula Hockett

August 17, 2017 - 8:52 pm

I am trying to make contact with my daughter who is currently in Muncy Women s Correctional Facility. Her name is Virginia Renee Umstead Loggins. I wanted to be able to exchange emails with her so she knows I am here for her.

6. Editor

February 9, 2017 - 3:07 pm

Hi Frankie – The email section is typically removed from your account when your loved one does not have access to our email services. This can be due to system maintenance, email restriction, or if you loved one has been transferred within his facility or to a new facility. The email section of your account should reappear as soon as your loved one regains access to our services. If you have specific questions regarding your account, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729.

7. Frankie

February 8, 2017 - 5:34 pm

i like to send a email but got no email button on my profile….can anybody tell me why that is or do i have to do something to get the button?
    with regards
    Frankie

8. Editor

January 16, 2017 - 2:13 pm

Hi Tawana – Most emails are screened and released within 48 business hours. There is no limit to the amount of emails your loved one can receive in a day.

9. Tawana Davis

January 15, 2017 - 11:23 am

Hi i was wandering how long does it take to receive emails from and how many emails can my boyfriend receive in a day….

10. Cari Blondie

June 19, 2016 - 4:29 am

**stay focused and stay strong, & know that… I Love You ¡!!! Love you… Love you!!!

11. SANJUANITA

April 17, 2015 - 9:08 am

Okay I’ve been trying to buy stamps to email my boyfriend but for some reason jpay is saying that my address is incorrect which it isn’t because I’ve been on the phone with my banks customer service to make sure that I was putting everything correct. my bank tells me that Jpay is the one that sends my money back and that my bank is approving the purchase. I’m wondering if you guys could do it manually.

12. Crystal

April 16, 2015 - 9:11 am

My friend is at Stiles Unit in Texas. I was able to send him an email. How can I tell if it’s been read? Do inmates at Stiles have access to reply to emails?

13. Editor

January 28, 2015 - 2:26 pm

Hi Anna –

Please be aware that your loved one does not have access to the Internet, including Facebook.

The best ways to contact your loved one is to send an email (even with an attached photo or video) or schedule a video visit. Please click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility.

Thank you for contacting JPay. Have a nice day!

14. annaalred

January 28, 2015 - 2:22 pm

hello sweetheart how are you.as for me i am doing fine.and i am hoping you are doing the same. I am waiting on my birth certificate to come in the mail. I am almost out of here baby. Your son has to have surgery again on his heart so he will be living with me. I won’t be long now before you will be out. I am worried about you. Are you ok? I am going to send you money on the computer to JPay. You will get it the next day. I just want to say I love you baby. From ur wifey.

15. Editor

January 15, 2015 - 4:10 pm

Hi Rosemary,

Currently, JPay Email is not available in the state of California. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our services to every state. Try reaching out in the JPay Friends & Family Forum to chat with other JPay users that have a loved one in the state of California. Please visit the following link http://forum.jpay.com/ to register and post to the “California DOC” forum under the section “State Specific Forums”. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

16. Rosemary

January 13, 2015 - 11:01 am

I was wondering if you could tell me any information on sending my son an e-mail. He recently sent me a letter telling me he could receive emails through a site called Quickmail.com but when I type it in the site is blank no information or anything in regards to emails or prisons. My son is in centeleus I’m sure I spelled that wrong but its a California Correctional Prison. I would really appreciate any information or suggestions you may give me. Thank You Best Wishes, Rosemary

17. Editor

January 12, 2015 - 3:59 pm

Hello Lula,

Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729, and they will be able to help you

18. Editor

January 12, 2015 - 3:57 pm

Hi Sarah,

Some states allocate a certain percentage of funds towards restitution and medical fees. We recommend contacting your loved one to review the guidelines at his facility. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

19. Lula Collins

January 8, 2015 - 6:10 pm

Ive been trying to jpay my son and havent been able to please help its ben one week

20. Sarah

January 7, 2015 - 7:47 pm

I was just wondering does the prison have the authority to take money off of a prisoner’s JP account to pay for medical?

21. Editor

January 6, 2015 - 10:25 am

Hi Teri,

The “Email” section is removed from your account when your loved one does not have access to our email services at their facility. This can be due to a system maintenance, email restriction, or if your loved one being transferred within the facility. The email section of your account will appear once your loved one regains access to our services. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

22. Earl Garlin Sr.

January 4, 2015 - 8:57 pm

January 4, 2015
    Earl Garlin Sr.

I’m a first time user of Jpay Email. I hope it will work for me.

23. Teri

January 1, 2015 - 12:10 pm

I have been unsuccessful in finding a link or button to buy the stamps needed to send an e-mail. An error message in red indicates I need to update my e-mail address. When I look at the e-mail address you have for me, it is correct. How/where do I buy the stamps? Thank you

24. Editor

December 31, 2014 - 1:45 pm

Hi Sheri,

Your emails are viewed, approved and released by your loved one’s facility. All emails are subject to the same rules that apply to traditional mail. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

25. Editor

December 31, 2014 - 1:32 pm

Hi Mary,

Please click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

26. Mary

December 29, 2014 - 6:28 am

I was wondering can I send email to my loved one?

27. Sheri Allen

December 25, 2014 - 4:11 am

Have a question, How do inmates get notified that they have gotten a email?

28. Editor

December 24, 2014 - 1:20 pm

Hi Ninanotti,

You can use JPay to send your loved one an electronic greeting card. There are several designs to choose from, right for any occasion. E-Cards are available wherever JPay’s Email service is provided.

How to send an E-Card:
    1. Log into your account at JPay.com
    2. Go to the Email section & select “Compose”
    3. Attach an E-Card
    4. Personalize it in the body of your email
    5. Send it!

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Happy Holidays!

29. Ninanotti

December 23, 2014 - 5:24 pm

Are there no Xmas cards on Jpay to send to inmates?

30. Editor

December 23, 2014 - 11:46 am

Hello Helen,

Please contact our customer service at (800) 574-5729, and they will be able to help you

31. Editor

December 23, 2014 - 11:44 am

Hi Lynda,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm in bringing the JP4® player to the state of Texas. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state. Please click on this link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx to see the JPay services and rates available at your loved one’s facility. We will make sure to communicate any updates for the state of Texas. Have a nice day and happy holidays!

32. Editor

December 23, 2014 - 11:39 am

Hi Michelle,

Your emails are delivered within minutes and approved and distributed by your loved one’s facility. Your emails can only be read from you and your loved one’s JPay account. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

33. helen yochum

December 21, 2014 - 8:42 pm

I have a concern, I am fairly new to jpay. I have emailed inmate successfully once and they were able to email back once. However the last two emails they didn’t recieve, so I’m inquiring what type of issue this could be. Im composing, sending mail, and getting conf # but inmate stated that they aren’t getting anymore.

34. Editor

December 16, 2014 - 4:19 pm

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for your interest and enthusiasm in bringing JPay email to the state of North Carolina. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state and facility. Each state decides when to bring our products and services to their facilities and prisons. We apologize for the inconvenience, but we will make sure to communicate any updates at your loved one’s facility. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

35. Carolyn

December 16, 2014 - 3:51 pm

Why can’t JPay get institutions who are behind the times onboard with the e-mail communications? Mountain View in NC does NOT offer e-mail.

36. Editor

December 16, 2014 - 3:34 pm

Hi Ms. L T Lewis,

Please be aware video visits are not available in all states. Please visit the following link http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx, to see if video visits are available at your loved one’s facility. If you have additional questions or concerns regarding your JPay account, please call our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day!

37. Editor

December 16, 2014 - 3:15 pm

Hello Lini,

The “Email” section is typically removed from your account when your loved one does not have access to our email services at their facility. This can be due to a system maintenance, email restriction, or if your loved one being transferred within the facility. The email section of your account will appear once your loved one regains access to our services. If you have additional questions about your account, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day!

38. Editor

December 16, 2014 - 2:12 pm

Hi Edwards,

Any emails received should appear in the “Inbox” section of your JPay account. Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 to review your account. Have a great day!

39. Editor

December 16, 2014 - 2:03 pm

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your support and kind words. Your loved one will be notified by his facility once the funds are made available. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

40. ms.LT Lewis

December 16, 2014 - 6:23 am

Well im a member but I still cant get access for video visit so can u make it right

41. Lini

December 13, 2014 - 11:36 pm

Cannot see the link for email no more on jpay. Been trying for 3 days now.

42. Edwards

December 13, 2014 - 1:34 pm

Hi I recently noticed that I was told that I was being sent emails but when I get on my jpay account it’s says I have no emails & they has said they sent me emails 2days before but I still haven’t gotten them is there a reason why ? Please let me know what’s going on with Jpay it’s my only way to communicate at the moment

43. Paul Quigley

December 11, 2014 - 4:42 pm

Sir.

I have today forwarded some funds to an inmates account in T.P.F.W. via your service. How will my friend be aware that the funds have been deposited ?

I must applaud you for this service for without this we would not be able to help our friend as we live in England.
    Once again many thanks
    Paul F Quigley

44. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 1:24 pm

Hi Pat,

Try using a different web browser to send your email with attachments. Have a great day!

45. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 1:16 pm

Hi Charlene,

At this time, JPay continues to be a money transfer service provider for the Nevada Department of Corrections. When this changes JPay will be certain to socialize this with all appropriate parties. Have a great day!

46. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 12:01 pm

Hi Anita,

Please visit the following link, https://jpay.com/,to locate your loved one and register. Once you register and update your “Account” information, select “Email” in the top menu and ‘Buy Stamps’ in the left menu. When sending an email you must purchase electronic stamps. After purchasing stamps, select ‘Compose’ in the left menu under ‘Email’. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

47. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 11:59 am

Hi Barb,

Trying reaching out in the JPay & Friends and Family forum to connect with other people may have a loved one in the same state. Please visit the following link, http://forum.jpay.com/forum.php to register and post to various forums. Have a great day!

48. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 11:50 am

Hi Millie,

Please visit the following link, http://jpay.com/PAvail.aspx, to see if email is available at your loved one’s facility. Have a great day!

49. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 11:47 am

Hi Ramona,

Please visit the following link, https://jpay.com/,to locate your loved one and register. Once you register and update your “Account” information, select “Email” in the top menu and ‘Buy Stamps’ in the left menu. When sending an email you must purchase electronic stamps. After purchasing stamps, select ‘Compose’ in the left menu under ‘Email’. If available, you can add picture attachments to your email by clicking ‘Attach Image’. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

50. Editor

December 11, 2014 - 11:42 am

Hi Angie,

Your loved one can respond to your email electronically from the JPay kiosk. You would not need to include your address. You will receive a notification on your JPay account when your loved one responds. Have a great day!