What’s this JP5 tablet all about?

We’ve received a lot of questions about the JP5 tablet. So get ready for some JP5 “101.”

“So in prison you can send email? Listen to music?  Download games?

With the JP5 Tablet, yes you can!

The next-generation tablet for corrections has brought all of these activities to inmates across the country. With an Android-based operating system and a game store with tons of cool apps, the JP5 tablet aims to provide a constructive way to spend time. From sending emails and video messages, to downloading games and new album releases, to watching educational videos, the JP5 gives inmates access to technologies that help them be productive with their time and stay connected with loved ones.

“But what is the overall vision in bringing the JP5 tablet to corrections?”

The ultimate aim of the JP5 tablet program is to provide a modern resource to help the incarcerated community stay connected and build needed relationships to assist reentry into society. Additionally, education is key to  reducing recidivism and by providing free educational resources, we hope to help build a foundation that will lead to a successful life after prison.

“Wait, you can earn your college credits from the JP5 tablet too?”

JPay is committed to making digital education a reality for any facility, helping to reform corrections and prepare offenders for success upon release. Courses and assignments can be downloaded to the JP5 tablet and completed outside of the limited classroom interactions. JPay also makes free KA Lite educational videos available, and depending on the facility, students can earn college credits and certifications through JPay’s Lantern, our tablet-based educational platform with an extensive Learning Management System and content from reputable providers.

“How is JPay able to bring this kind of technology to such a challenging environment?”

Over the past decade, JPay has worked to build a high-security platform that allows us to deploy today’s technologies inside prisons, and ensure that  families can remain in-contact with their incarcerated loved ones. From the field technicians and account managers that are constantly working with and within each facility, to our support ticketing team responding to every request, we are here to bridge the technological gap.

“So how can my loved one get a JP5 tablet?”

Availability varies by state, but we are constantly working to bring the JP5 series to every state and facility.

For details on the JP5 family of tablets in your state, please visit http://bit.ly/1Srbpnm.

August 13, 2019 - 8:57 am

Hi Danielle – If you are referring to ANDRES SANCHEZ’s tablet that was purchased 07/18/2019 21:50 our records show FedEx tracking number 7886 3799 4720, was delivered to the facility Friday 7/26/2019 at 10:12 am and the device was synced 08/07/2019. Thanks!

2. Aaron Santana

August 12, 2019 - 11:23 am

At Avon park C.I. in Florida, the work camp cannot order movies although they can see that the movies are available. The main unit is able to order the new movies but not the work camp. Who do I contact about this because the inmates are putting in tickets to have this issue fix but all they are getting back is “the program need to be updated”. No one is telling them when. I bought my boyfriend a tablet in order for him to watch movies and email me but their kiosk is not allowing him to order the movies off of it.

August 8, 2019 - 1:31 pm

Hello Yary – Thank you for bringing this to our concern. Your loved ones DOC number changed, which changes everything, because he will not be able to use the tablet sent. We have forward your account to a specialist who should be giving you a call soon. Thanks!

4. Yary

August 8, 2019 - 1:05 pm

Hi, I have ordered a tablet for my boyfriend and I was not given a code at all to track the tablet. When i called customer service I was told that he can probably receive it, or it will return to jpay. My boyfriend was transferred and it hasn’t been 45 days yet since i ordered it. my order was made on july 15th and i have no clue whether its shipped, on transit, or delivered. his inmate number changed and the new number shows the option again to get him one new tablet. here are the details of the previous purchase:

Notification – Media Player
    Receipt
    Dear y****** H P***,

Thank you for using JPay. Please let this receipt serve as confirmation of your media player purchase transaction.

Transaction details:
    Confirmation Number [PhoneTransferID]
    Date of Transaction 7/15/2019 11:06:55 AM
    Amount $129.99
    Sales Tax $9.10
    Total Amount $139.09

I’m araid he won’t receive it and it will get lost ect. Who do i contact or where do I track this the staus of the jpay tablet?

5. Danielle

August 2, 2019 - 9:10 pm

Is there any way to track the shipping on the tablet. #LovingJPay

July 29, 2019 - 1:44 pm

Hello Susan – Thank you for your interest in our products. The keyboards does not use gestures while typing. Thanks!

7. Susan Camp

July 28, 2019 - 6:38 pm

Hello,
    I presently correspond with several inmates and have a question about the keyboard capabilities of the JPay5 tablet that is used in Florida. Can they use gestures for typing? Can they use talk to text? Many inmates are new to this type of technology and these capabilities could help them conserably while typing emails. Many can’t spell. I am trying to make it easier on them to type out the emails. Please let me know and if so how they can enable the skill.

July 15, 2019 - 10:13 am

Hello Diana – On 7/10/2019 JOSEPH PERKINS sent customer care a ticket requesting to have his account deactivated. Once he agrees to the terms and condition, a representative will reset his account. Thank you for your patience!

9. Diana

July 14, 2019 - 1:50 pm

Hi would like to if u could tell me if my fiancé has a tablet because he told me didn’t he sent a troubleshoot letter to
    U . I can’t buy him one for some reason.

June 27, 2019 - 10:34 am

Hi Latisha – The length of time a charge lasts on a tablet varies. A player can hold its charge for up to eight (8) hours. However, there are tablets in the field that requires a charge earlier. This is due to the usage and the applications that are running in the background. Thanks for your inquiry!

11. Latisha Lee

June 27, 2019 - 9:44 am

How long will a charge last on a Jpay5 tablet when plugged in? Chargers are coming to Jersey soon.

June 10, 2019 - 9:36 am

Hi Sandra – Please call our customer care center at 800-574-5729 for additional information regarding unused funds from your JPay media account, be sure to provide your previously issue inmate ID number and the state you were located. Thanks!

13. Sandra Robledo

June 8, 2019 - 1:04 am

How do I get my money back from my jpay media kiosk account after I get released.no one can tell me anything they blame each other but u k onw

14. Ken Salvage Sr

May 18, 2019 - 10:30 am

Gentlemen: You really should have some sort of general listing/chart page dedicated to the services ( & pricing) you offer in each state prison you serve. Having to hop through multiple pages to find what services you have available (at what cost) to each system is a waste of your bandwidth and your customers time! Come on guys streamline this webpage a bit more, please! Also! Thanks for the services so far, even if you do need some constructive suggestions now and then!

May 7, 2019 - 2:06 pm

Hi Shaina – Tablets generally take 30-45 days after purchase, to be delivered. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 2:50 pm

Hi Mirican – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tablet inquiries should be submitted using the kiosk by the individual. A representative, will get to and address ticket inquiry soon. Thanks!

May 6, 2019 - 2:31 pm

Hi Jessica – No, the individuals who are incarcerated does not have access to social media. Thanks!

18. Jessica Wilson

April 27, 2019 - 5:36 pm

Do the inmates have access to social media apps on their tablets while in prison and what do they actually have access to. Thank you very much.

19. mirican

April 27, 2019 - 8:19 am

My loved one had a tablet, that had broken and now he got a new one, that he can’t use.
    He can’t download any of his files or receive any new messages.
    He can’t even use the tablet to write.
    It has virtually no function.
    What can he do…so that he can use the tablet? Is the device possibly broken and needs to be replaced or settings need to be made?

April 26, 2019 - 1:19 pm

Hi Tomas – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tablet inquiries should be submitted using the kiosk by the individual. A representative, will get to and address tablet inquiries. Thanks!

April 25, 2019 - 3:39 pm

Hi Sally – Sorry for any inconvenience caused. When a tablet is purchased, it is assigned to the individuals DOC number and name he provides. Should that individual go to court and his DOC number changes, that tablet is still synchronized with his previously assigned DOC number. Although, he was not released, he was given a new identification number, which cannot be edited or changed in our system. Once he registers to the kiosk, it will be like setting up a new account as there will be no previous history. We are unable to transfer mail, we are unable to transfer stamps and we cannot edit the ID number that is assigned to the device. Thanks!

April 22, 2019 - 12:02 pm

Hi Tammy – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Tablet inquiries should be submitted using the kiosk by the individual. A representative, will get to and address ticket inquiry soon. Thanks!

April 18, 2019 - 4:47 pm

Hi Rose – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

April 18, 2019 - 3:20 pm

Hi Tammy – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

25. Tammy

April 18, 2019 - 2:22 pm

My daughter has turned in several support tickets. The tablet was clear twice and still isn’t working. Your telephone support told me to have the tablet sent back to the company. You know that cant be done they must have the tablet in there possession or they will get in trouble. Now if she gets a new one what happens with the old tablet?

April 17, 2019 - 3:28 pm

Hi Marcuz – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. All tablet inquiries must be submitted by the individual through the kiosk. A representative, will get to and address ticket inquiry soon. Thanks!

27. Marcuz

April 6, 2019 - 8:29 am

Hi my wife is having trouble with her tablet she wrote y’all a trouble ticket with no help.

28. Tammy

April 2, 2019 - 4:04 pm

Is there a warranty on these tablets? If so how long and what does it cover?

29. rose

April 1, 2019 - 7:22 pm

how do i get a tablet for my love one in a fl facility

March 29, 2019 - 8:03 am

Hi Lupe – Your loved one must contact support, notifying them that he is interested in purchasing a player. Once the terms are agreed upon, a representative will change the status of his account and you will have the ability to buy another tablet. Thanks!

31. Lupe

March 20, 2019 - 10:46 pm

Hi how can I purchase my love one a brand new tablet to replace the one he has

March 6, 2019 - 1:35 pm

Hi Angela – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

March 6, 2019 - 1:25 pm

Hi Carl – JPay services are available at Central Florida Reception Center. Thanks!

March 6, 2019 - 11:58 am

Hi Shannon – The tablet was delivered to your loved one and was connected on 03/05/2019. The FedEx tracking number is listed 4710 4552 3200. Thanks!

March 5, 2019 - 4:53 pm

Hi Jennifer – At this time, there are no JPay services available in Utah. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

March 5, 2019 - 4:39 pm

Hi Robin – JPay only unlocks the tablet when the individual is no longer incarcerated. If the facility will let him keep the tablet as apart of his personal device. Please have your loved one send a letter through USPS mail, regarding his device and huis request. Thanks!

37. ROBIN

March 2, 2019 - 5:50 pm

How can he submit a help ticket at a kiosk if they don’t have kiosk? If he mails the tablet to y’all to unlock will he be able to use it with his stored information at the facility since they don’t offer Jpay where he was transferred? He wants to have his music, photo’s and e-mails even if he can’t get new ones. I have called customer service 4X and 3 of 4 times they couldn’t tell me what he should even do. I actually had one person say they couldn’t do anything about the facility not having Jpay and my question is what does he need to do or where to send it to have it unlocked. Then she went as far as to say why did he purchase a Jpay tablet at a facility where he couldn’t use it, after I told her he was transferred. Now you are giving me the same answer! There is no kiosk to submit help tickets, they do not offer Jpay where he is now. I need to know the actually add. to send it to have it unlocked and find out how it can be used. Thank you.

38. Jennifer

March 2, 2019 - 10:13 am

Is the tablets available in Utah. Or better yet. Is anything available in Utah. Thanks. I can’t find any info on the internet regarding prison services in Utah for anything.

March 1, 2019 - 11:34 am

Hi Robin – Please have your son submit a support ticket through the kiosk. He will be instructed on what to do regarding his tablet. Thanks!

40. ROBIN Graves

February 27, 2019 - 8:36 pm

My son was transferred to the Modified Taft facility. They do not have kiosk to sync his tablet and he is worried about being locked out of it and losing all his photo’s and e-mails. What does he need to do with the tablet to keep all his stored music, photos and e-mails?

41. Angela

February 25, 2019 - 6:01 pm

My fiancee will be in cfrc in orlando florida soon.what is the process on being able to get him a tablet,and will he be able to download music and see videos and movies?any information about this you can give me so im best informed for myself as well as him would be appreciated.

42. carl m joseph

February 24, 2019 - 2:09 pm

is jpay in cfrc main Orlando fl?

43. Shannon

February 20, 2019 - 3:40 pm

Hi, Ive ordered a tablet for my brother and I was given a 6 digit code to track the tablet. When i called customer service I was told to track via fedex but that code is invalid for fedex. My brother has been transferred and it was in route to the new facility. I’m araid he won’t receive it and it will get lost ect. Who do i contact or where do I go with this 6 digit code to track the staus of the jpay tablet?

February 20, 2019 - 2:03 pm

Hi Marie – At this time, there are no plans to implement movies for download to the tablet at Homestead C.I., in Florida. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

February 20, 2019 - 1:25 pm

Hi Sylvia – The tablet and music are for the individuals to keep upon release. Thanks!

February 20, 2019 - 12:09 pm

Hi Deanna – Thank you for your inquiry. Yes, if an individual is relocated before he received the tablet, it will be forwarded to his new location. Thanks!

February 19, 2019 - 4:36 pm

Hi Janice – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay tablet in North Kern State Prison, CA. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

48. Janice

February 17, 2019 - 1:03 am

Do the have the JP5 tablets in North Kern State Prison?

49. DEANNA

February 14, 2019 - 6:55 pm

If a tablet was paid for and the inmate is transferred before he gets it, will it be forwarded to them?

50. Sylvia

February 13, 2019 - 7:46 pm

Do the incarcerated get to keep the tablet after being released from prison