What’s this JP5 tablet all about? pt.2

We often times receive questions about the availability of our services in each state. Today in “JP5 101 pt. 2”, we will cover some additional common questions.

Is the JP5 tablet available in my loved one’s state?

As of this posting, the JP5mini is available in state facilities in the following states:

• Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, New Jersey, North Dakota, Ohio, Vermont, Virginia, and Washington state correctional facilities, as well as Milwaukee House of Corrections, Northlake Correctional Facility and Taft Correctional Facility.

The JP5s – along with the JP5mini – is available in the below state facilities:

• Ohio, Minnesota and Vermont, as well as Northlake Correctional Facility. It is also currently available as part of a pilot program at West Tennessee State Prison (women’s section).

Georgia facilities are unique, as the JP5s is the only device available and the tablets are given to inmates when they arrive.  However, if your loved one is serving less than six months, they will not receive a tablet from the state, but they can purchase one.

Tablet availability can change, so be sure to check http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx and with your loved one to stay up-to-date.

For specific questions you can call JPay customer service at 800-574-5729 or email support@jpay.com.

How much do the JP5s and JP5mini cost?

This varies by state. The best way to find out pricing is to log into your JPay account on JPay.com and see which options are available for you to purchase on your loved ones’ behalf. If the option to purchase the JP5 tablet is not available from your JPay account, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 for assistance.  Keep in mind, your loved one can only have one tablet.  However, if he/she currently has a JP5 device, only he/she could upgrade or purchase a new tablet from the kiosk.  This is often the reason why people don’t see the option to buy a JP5 device on JPay.com.

What products and services are available at my loved one’s facility and what are the rates?

A good way to stay up-to-date with the products and services available at your loved one’s facility is to visit http://www.jpay.com/PAvail.aspx. JPay will also send out notifications via email and via the JPay kiosks (located within the facility) when new services are added.  But the absolute best way to know what JPay services are available to your loved ones is to log into your JPay account periodically and review the options there… whenever a service is added (or in rare cases, removed), it will be reflected on the page you see when you log into JPay.com or open the mobile app.

When will more services be brought to my loved one’s facility?

This is up to the discretion of each state Department of Corrections. JPay does not control the process of adding new services in each state.

April 17, 2018 - 9:46 am

Hi Kierra – Please have your boyfriend send a trouble ticket to Customer Support through the kiosk. The Customer Service team will review the issues and inform him of next steps. Thanks!

2. Kierra

April 15, 2018 - 2:09 am

Hi my boyfriend tablet will not cut on at all. It just happened. Yes he had the tablet for a while but he are worried about do we have to buy another one or will he be able to get it fixed? He has no crack or anything on it.

April 11, 2018 - 9:15 am

Hi Sue – Please email Support@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will give you directions on where to send the tablet. Thanks!

4. Sue J

April 8, 2018 - 6:45 am

Where do I send the tablet to be opened

April 11, 2018 - 9:16 am

Hi Shirley – Once we have a confirmed deployment date, we’ll inform all customers. Thanks!

6. shirley

April 6, 2018 - 10:17 am

when will tablets be available in florida

April 6, 2018 - 8:53 am

Hi Emmy – you can see all of the facilities JPay services when you click on the “prison search” page on JPay.com and click on Ohio. If tablets are available and you do not have the option to purchase, that means your loved one already has a tablet (or previously did) and only him/her can purchase a new tablet from the kiosk. Thanks!

8. Emmy waganfeald

April 5, 2018 - 8:12 am

My loved one is at corrections center of northwest ohio, I know ohio allows the tablets but does this specific facility? I see nothing on the website about purchasing.

April 2, 2018 - 9:07 am

Hi Carolyn – You do need headphones to listen to the tablet. You can purchase regular headphones from your local store, it doesn’t have to be a JPay headset. Thanks!

10. Carolyn Larson

March 28, 2018 - 11:38 am

I received my son’s tablet and had it unlocked and there’s no sound.they did not send headphones from the prison.do you have to have to have headphones? And if so can I buy a replacement pair?

March 27, 2018 - 8:26 am

Hi Carmen – At this time, the JP5 tablets are not available in Iowa. I suggest visiting the facility’s website to see what technology is available. Thanks!

12. Carmen Johnson

March 27, 2018 - 8:16 am

Good morning my son is incarcerated in Ft Dodge Iowa & I’m just trying to find out how much this JP5 tablet costs. I’d like to order it for him for a belated birthday present he’ll be 21 & this will be a great surprise. TIA

March 26, 2018 - 10:01 am

Hi Shawntil – Once we have a confirmed deployment date for tablets we’ll make sure all customers are aware. Thanks!

14. Shawntil

March 22, 2018 - 9:30 am

Good Morning, I just wanted to know if have or heard any updated information about the J5S Tablets in Florida as of yet?

March 26, 2018 - 10:07 am

Hi Sherie – If your loved one is having issues with the tablet, please have him or her send a trouble ticket through the kiosk. Thanks!

16. Sherie

March 21, 2018 - 1:53 pm

How do they troubleshoot when the device doesn’t do the initial start up and load emails media etc

March 19, 2018 - 9:05 am

Hello – Please email Suppport@JPay.com and a Customer Service Representative will give you directions on how to unlock your device. Thanks!

18. Unsatisfied Customer

March 15, 2018 - 8:13 pm

How do you unlock the jp5’s features once you are released. You don’t post that information anywhere on your site and the customer service is a nightmare.

19. Jade Trombetta

March 12, 2018 - 11:41 am

Hi Michelle – The JP5 tablets are available in NBDOC. If you’re having difficulty, please call 800-574-5729 and a Customer Service Representative will help you with the purchase. Thanks!

20. Michelle

March 11, 2018 - 1:39 pm

Okay JP5 tablet say it available at my husband facility he at Diagnostic & Evaluation Center (DEC) Nebraska or is it cause I can’t purchase it for my inmate it’s not available to him when I try to buy for him off the mobile app go on line but it I can’t still

21. Jade Trombetta

March 12, 2018 - 11:43 am

Hi Amanda – As new products and services become available, we’ll inform all customers. Thanks!

22. Amanda

March 8, 2018 - 11:02 pm

I was told that at the London Ohio Prison the inmates wouid all be getting jp5 tablets and they would be getting rid of the phones. They will be able to make calls from the tablets. If this is true, what can you tell me about that and how it will work exactly

23. Jade Trombetta

March 6, 2018 - 8:51 am

Hi John – At this time there are no plans to deploy the JP5 tablets in Indiana. If/when that changes, we will alert all customers. Thanks!

24. John W Dudgeon

March 5, 2018 - 4:31 pm

To Whom it May Concern:
    My son is in the Westville Correctional Facility in the State of Indiana. I was wondering when the tablets would be available at this facility? Thank You for your time and consideration on this matter.

« Older Comments