Important Information about JPay.com

As of June 30, 2018, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council will not recognize Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 as an effective Internet security protocol.  Therefore, JPay is transitioning  our Internet payment environment to TLS 1.1 and higher.

IMPORTANT: on June 27, 2018, JPay will discontinue support of earlier versions. If you want to continue using www.JPay.com to access your JPay account and use any of our products and services, you must have the latest version of the web browser and operating system on your computer or tablet.

We encourage you to make sure your web browsers are up-to-date with the latest version, or else you won’t be able to access your JPay account through www.JPay.com. Below is a list of web browsers and the latest versions:

• Chrome – Version 22 to 67 or higher
  • Firefox – Version from 49.2 to Version 60 or higher
  • Internet Explorer – Version 11 or higher
  • Microsoft Edge – Version 42 or higher
  • Apple Safari – 7 on OS x 10.9 or higher

For more information on how to upgrade your web browser, click here!

December 12, 2018 - 11:21 am

Hi Laurie – JPay will be sending out communications shortly regarding stamp refunds for Indiana. Thanks!

2. LAURIE

December 10, 2018 - 8:52 pm

my nephew is in IN. and what about the stamps i still had ??

December 10, 2018 - 9:48 am

Hi Laurie – Where is your nephew located? Which state? Thanks!

4. LAURIE

December 9, 2018 - 7:31 pm

how come i can not write to my nephew any more on here i cant even get his last letter he sent me ??

December 6, 2018 - 1:53 pm

Hi Nermina – What state is your loved one located in? Thanks!

6. Nermina Williams

December 6, 2018 - 11:44 am

How do we know what facilities allow media funding so i can inform my loved one that his site hasn’t made the list yet? Is there a list somewhere that names all the sites?

December 6, 2018 - 9:29 am

Hi Lynne – What state is your loved one located in? Thanks!

8. Lynne M Winkelmann

December 5, 2018 - 11:05 pm

I am not able to send an attachment. I followed the instructions but no where to add.

December 4, 2018 - 5:43 pm

Hi Colleen – JPay does not offer a confirmation when an email is read. Thanks!

10. Colleen Nguyen

December 3, 2018 - 6:44 pm

can u tell when your immate has seen your emails?

December 4, 2018 - 5:58 pm

Hi Nermina – If your loved one is a location that allows media account funding then you absolutely can. That service will be available when you log in. Thanks!

12. Nermina Williams

December 2, 2018 - 3:01 pm

Can we fund media amounts for inmates from our app or online?

December 4, 2018 - 6:04 pm

Thank you for such a nice comment!

14. M. H.

December 1, 2018 - 6:14 pm

Was having trouble setting up an account because of a previous failed or non-completed attempt some years back. Called JPay and spoke to a sweet Lady named Candice today. She was a HUGE help ,she was SUPER NICE, FRIENDLY, and a great help. Referred to my loved one as ‘a loved one’ instead of inmate, made it personable. Thank you Mrs. Candice, and Jpay.

December 4, 2018 - 6:08 pm

Hi Melissa – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with the email guidelines. Thanks!

16. Melissa

November 30, 2018 - 8:07 am

Where can I find email guidelines? JPay says to contact the facility, the facility says email is new and they don’t know the rules themselves and his classification officer said that the email rules are the same as paper mail rules. My email was denied because it contained written sexual content, which is allowed because the prison cannot censor my speech as long as it is not a danger or causing a problem (In short of course, it’s a little more specific than that but nothing in regards to sexual content). So, what’s up JPay? Where are the rules. He’s in Florida by the way.

December 4, 2018 - 6:09 pm

Hi Vicki – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your prepaid account question. Thanks!

18. Vicki

November 29, 2018 - 8:31 pm

If I set up a prepaid account will they take money out for his court fees or is that only for commissary accounts.

November 28, 2018 - 11:07 am

Hi Mary – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

20. Mary Myers

November 26, 2018 - 4:48 pm

I haven’t recieved an email confirmation for my scheduled visit 11-30-18
    Please send. Dearly appreciated!
    Mary

November 26, 2018 - 9:50 am

Hi Araceli – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

22. Araceli

November 21, 2018 - 10:59 pm

Hi yes I’ve been sending emails most of the day and it hasn’t shown up in my sent inbox .. it gave me the confirmation numbers and my stamps were used but it doesn’t show …. please help

November 19, 2018 - 3:55 pm

Hi Violet – There are fees associated with purchasing stamps and the JPay tablets. You can find out more on JPay.com. Thanks!

24. Violet Blue

November 17, 2018 - 7:38 pm

Is there a fee to use JPay and if so, how much is the fee? Thank you in advance

November 19, 2018 - 3:56 pm

Hi Lisa – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

26. LISA CHAMBELL

November 16, 2018 - 7:32 pm

I cannot seem to log into my account I have my email and I try to give him my password and it won’t go through I tried to call customer service and it won’t go through either so I don’t know how to deal with this and I’ve already put $7 worth of stamps on here so please help me

November 13, 2018 - 4:00 pm

Hi Tee – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with the visitation list. Thanks!

28. Tee

November 12, 2018 - 9:59 pm

If you are not on an inmates visitation list will the inmate still receive your messages and you receive theirs?

November 12, 2018 - 1:24 pm

Hi Marla – We will be hosting more promotions throughout the year so please keep visiting the blog for more announcements! Thanks!

30. Marla McNeal

November 10, 2018 - 9:13 pm

Jpay for the last couple months maybe more has old deals when they going to have new ones and get rid of the old ones it is the holliday s coming up so how about deals on purchasing stamps or other things we loved ones puschase for our loved ones in prison times are tight around the holidays

November 7, 2018 - 11:20 am

Hi Joanne – Yes, JPay uses your loved one’s inmate ID number to ensure everything goes to the right location. Thanks!

32. Jo

November 6, 2018 - 6:00 pm

If an inmate moves to a different unit does the jpay app update to send emails to the new unit? As I sent a jpay to an inmate after they moved and I’m just wondering if they will receive it

33. Diane Lee

November 4, 2018 - 11:55 pm

Yes , thank u very much jpay. Ur employees r very nice and understanding. It makes us ( the loved ones who r trying to put money on accounts) so much easier. God bless them .

November 6, 2018 - 9:40 am

Hi Casey – Yes, that is correct. Thanks!

35. Casey

November 4, 2018 - 7:40 pm

When sending money to an inmate in PA DOC what information is shown to the inmate? Just the profile name correct? I was in PA DOC but i forget.

November 2, 2018 - 1:01 pm

Hi Nancy – You will not have to change any information. As long as the inmate has the same ID number all will be well as your loved one is tracked via their inmate ID number. Thanks!

37. nancy

November 2, 2018 - 7:48 am

If an inmate is moved will I need to transfer the automatic pay or can they use the same ? thanks

November 2, 2018 - 1:03 pm

Hi Arva – You should have the option to purchase the tablet through your JPay account. Do you not see that option? Thanks!

39. Arva L Chipman

October 29, 2018 - 7:19 pm

I am trying to order a tablet for my brother incarcerated at Florida DOC

October 24, 2018 - 8:44 am

Hi Kim – Yes, you must be 18 years of age. Thanks!

41. Kim Gibbs

October 23, 2018 - 7:57 pm

Is there a certain age you have to be to be able to set up the jpay to email an inmate?

October 23, 2018 - 10:26 am

Hi Cheryl – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this request. Thanks!

43. Cheryl Clair

October 17, 2018 - 4:33 pm

How can I find out what unit my son is in? We live out of the country and it takes a good 10 days for his mail to reach us. We will be in Texas, where he is, in a little over two weeks and are desperate to see him as it has been over a year since we saw him. How can we find out where he has been moved to?

October 17, 2018 - 2:12 pm

Hi Sammie – We apologize for the delay. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can track your tablet. Thanks!

45. Sammie Alderson

October 17, 2018 - 8:17 am

I was released from prison 8\21\2018 I sent my jp5 player in to get unlock it’s been almost a month now and I haven’t received it back yet I sent it to Jpay INC. attn. Inventory Department 12032 Miramar Parkway Miramar, FL 33025 what’s the hold up if someone can PLEASE! contact me on this matter PLEASE! and thank you kindly

October 17, 2018 - 2:13 pm

Hi Herbert – If you are referring to the email regarding recurring payments, it is an official email from JPay. It is not spam. Thanks!

47. Herbert Lucas

October 16, 2018 - 11:15 am

I have received an email supposedly from Jay pay. It wants me to erase and reenter my charge card information. this sounds suspiciously like a phishing scam to me. Please let me know if this is a necessary step or a phishing scam. if you send me an email address I will forward it to your spam control desk. HNL

October 17, 2018 - 2:17 pm

Hi Anthony – We apologize for the delay. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can track your tablet. Thanks!

49. Anthony s Vincent

October 13, 2018 - 10:53 am

I sent my jp5 in almost 3 months ago to be unlocked and I still havnt received it back this is a rediculus wait please contact me to let me know what to do and how much longer I’ll have to wait

October 17, 2018 - 2:18 pm

Hi Pamela – Everything is working properly at JPay. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look at your account and see if the emails were delivered. Thanks.

51. Pamela Medaglia

October 11, 2018 - 1:11 pm

I have been trying to get a hold of my brother Jim Densmore in Wa state. I have sent two emails and he always responds but nothing this time. Is something going on with the system. I have updated everything so it should be fine on my end. So whats going on with this, how do I find out when he gets his email or if he ever will.

Pamela

October 17, 2018 - 2:18 pm

Hi Phil – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look at your account and see what’s causing the issue. Thanks!

53. Phil Graves

October 10, 2018 - 8:53 pm

I’ve tried to send money to an inmate 4 times and it said that it wasn’t processed… What’s up?

October 17, 2018 - 2:19 pm

Hi Michael – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help answer your phone funding questions. Thanks!

55. Michael b. Williams

October 10, 2018 - 7:48 pm

Checking too see . can transfer
    Money from securetech phone account to
    Bated unit
    For phone calls
    For Michael Bryan Williams

October 17, 2018 - 2:24 pm

Hi Christina – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look at your account and see what’s causing the email issues.

57. Christina Summers

October 10, 2018 - 4:32 pm

Hi, 2 things, 1) Will Corcoran SATF get video visitation? I live in Oregon and can’t afford to travel there. Video visitation is the perfect solution!!
    And 2) I have used Jpay for several months now and never had any problems!! You all provide a great service! But these last 3-4 weeks my inmate hasn’t been getting my emails. I am getting his. I have resent, re written and even tried screen shoting and sending a pic of my emails and still no luck. He does get some but not all. And I always include a pre paid stamp. I have told him to submit a ticket but still no luck. Can you help? Thanks

October 17, 2018 - 2:26 pm

Hi Autumn – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can give you more information on the new tablets. Thanks!

59. Autumn C James

October 9, 2018 - 4:29 pm

I’m having issues with emails as is the inmate new tablets are coming I heard because the one he has doesn’t work how do we get a new one?

October 17, 2018 - 2:29 pm

Hi Jim – If there is not a section in your JPay account to send an email, then most likely your loved one’s facility does not accept emails. Thanks!

61. Jim Irvin

October 8, 2018 - 10:03 am

ok i’m registered . i have an account i want to send my son an email there does not seem to be any place to type an email

October 17, 2018 - 2:30 pm

Hi Dorine – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your payment questions. Thanks!

63. Dorine M

October 6, 2018 - 4:00 pm

I have an account with jpay but it wont let my credit card go thru. says there is an error. but doesnt say what kind of error. could you tell me what the error is.

64. Loretta Nelson

October 5, 2018 - 10:14 am

PLEASE INCLUDE A FEE-SCALE ON YOUR WEBSITE AS IT WOULD HELP TO DETERMINE EXACTLY HOW MUCH MONEY FAMILY AND FRIENDS TOTAL TRANSACTIONS WILL BE……..THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

October 17, 2018 - 2:31 pm

Hi Amy – The VideoGram option is available through the mobile app – not the website. Did you try to send it through your mobile phone JPay account?

66. Amy STRODER

October 5, 2018 - 10:01 am

I tried to send a video gram to an inmate at Algoa Correctional Center, but I read the information how to send it and I can’t figure out how to do it can you help me out

October 17, 2018 - 2:32 pm

Hi Brenda – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you email your son. Thanks!

68. brenda wimmer

October 4, 2018 - 9:50 pm

Can’t seem to email my son who is in prison.JasonWimmerY,00031

69. Milly Jerez

October 4, 2018 - 5:41 pm

Turn using JP stamps call my brother Edward Martinez Y01720 Oh I was trying to to give stamps to my brother which I did not know how to go about it the young lady that I talk to she help me very much and was very kind and patient when you don’t know technology that we have is hard and she help me very much I hope you can find my brother and he will get his games she did me the favor of sending this dance for me but I don’t know if you got them And the lady that help me I blaster and thank you very much it’s nice to have people like her working in the system of correctional helping people that don’t know thank you very much keep hiring people like her

October 17, 2018 - 2:33 pm

Hi Larry – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your email concerns. Thanks!

71. Larry Draehn

October 4, 2018 - 10:05 am

Jpay, Craig Greiner an inmate sent me Larry Draehn an email on 9/27/2018, which I did NOT receive . Please send it to me today if possible or let me know when you can send it to me or if there is any problem let me know, Larrydraehn@gmail.com. My # is 214-392-8244. zip is 75160

72. Cheri

October 3, 2018 - 2:45 pm

JPay makes plenty $$$ from our caring and loving our family that’s incarcerated. Honestly….I’d pay it over and over again to have the ability of contact the way that we do. Thanks for your service!!!!

« Older Comments