Important Information about JPay.com

As of June 30, 2018, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council will not recognize Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 as an effective Internet security protocol.  Therefore, JPay is transitioning  our Internet payment environment to TLS 1.1 and higher.

IMPORTANT: on June 27, 2018, JPay will discontinue support of earlier versions. If you want to continue using www.JPay.com to access your JPay account and use any of our products and services, you must have the latest version of the web browser and operating system on your computer or tablet.

We encourage you to make sure your web browsers are up-to-date with the latest version, or else you won’t be able to access your JPay account through www.JPay.com. Below is a list of web browsers and the latest versions:

• Chrome – Version 22 to 67 or higher
  • Firefox – Version from 49.2 to Version 60 or higher
  • Internet Explorer – Version 11 or higher
  • Microsoft Edge – Version 42 or higher
  • Apple Safari – 7 on OS x 10.9 or higher

For more information on how to upgrade your web browser, click here!

October 17, 2018 - 2:36 pm

Hi Diane – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative and provide the location of your loved one. They can send you the appropriate forms if needed. Thanks!

2. Diane E Woody

October 2, 2018 - 8:43 pm

Is there a new form that needs to be filled out to be able to continue email an inmate?

October 2, 2018 - 4:32 pm

Hi Phyllis – Your son can purchase games from the kiosk – you can fund his media account. Thanks!

4. Phyllis Williams

October 2, 2018 - 7:30 am

I purchased a J5 tablet for my son John Keenan N11506 Florida State Prison. Some of the games says they need some type of controller to play game. Where can I purchase one for him?

October 2, 2018 - 4:36 pm

Hi Lisa – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can answer your question. Thanks!

6. lisa brown

October 1, 2018 - 1:01 pm

need to now about $10.00 convenience fee that you are charging

October 2, 2018 - 4:38 pm

Hi Shannon – Please be patient. A Customer Service Representative will get back to you and your brother. Thanks!

8. Shannann

October 1, 2018 - 11:49 am

My brother is in carson city Michigan and has put in several tickets and myself mzny requests, operators at jpay tell me he has to fill out ticket at kiosk. We’ve done all this. He has purchased his jpay5 player twice now because of issues and no help. He was trying to buy another one but not even that bar eill come up. This is ridiculous and feel like i need legal help for a 50.00 player. Can you plz help?

October 2, 2018 - 4:40 pm

Hi Donna – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your money transfer question. Thanks!

10. Donna gann

September 30, 2018 - 9:48 pm

Transferred money to daughter’s account for second time and she has NOT received either one but the money was taken from my account

11. Southern sweet tea

September 28, 2018 - 11:58 pm

I have the JPay app downloaded and I forgot my password, problem when I hit forgot password, I never receive the email from JPay on how to reset it? I’ve tried calling and get no one to answer, I’ve emailed out get no response I really don’t want to open another account because we have stamps on the one account that we can’t reset the password for? There should be a easier way like set up a security deposit question before you can change your password….any help besides the call to speak to someone when no one answers the phone….

October 2, 2018 - 4:46 pm

Hi Karen – You can do so through your JPay account. When you log in, you can see the “Fund Media Account” service. Thanks!

13. karen bowman

September 25, 2018 - 8:19 pm

Are headphones available at Madison Fl ? how do i fund Media account?

September 25, 2018 - 3:21 pm

Hi Randy – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your concern. Thanks!

15. Randy

September 24, 2018 - 1:45 pm

My son is in a Virginia CU. 2 times a year they are allowed to order food from an outside vendor. He had a friend who has no one to send him money. So I sent money to my son and his friend so they could order this much anticipated treat. Well, in VA you are not allowed to send money to 2 inmates. Surprise. Neither got their money and now my account is suspended for 6 months. So why can I add inmates to my account and then this happens when you use 2 names??

September 25, 2018 - 3:21 pm

Hi Donna – Tablets are not yet available in Missouri. Once they are, we will alert all customers. Thanks!

17. Donna

September 23, 2018 - 7:05 pm

Does the prison in st Joe mo have the option to get a tablet an what kind of price is it to buy one an what is the fee to have the internet on them

September 25, 2018 - 3:22 pm

Hi Tanieka – Your loved one must submit a trouble ticket through the kiosk detailing the issue. Customer Service will provide support on next steps. Thanks!

19. Tanieka Little

September 23, 2018 - 5:20 pm

My boyfriend is at Telfair State Prison. He has been unable to receive emails on his tablet for months now, he can send them but can’t see what’s coming in unless he uses the Kiosk. He has tried syncing the tablet to the kiosk and it only works for that moment and goes back to not syncing or receiving emails. What can be done about this?

September 25, 2018 - 3:26 pm

Hi Aaron – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who will give you directions on how to get your player unlocked. Thanks!

21. Aaron

September 20, 2018 - 5:30 pm

I was recently released from ohio department of rehabilitation and corrections. i own a jp5s. how do i get the thing unlocked? it wont work anymore?

September 25, 2018 - 3:27 pm

Hi Joanne – They are not canned responses. However, Customer Service is it’s own robust department and those are the folks that can help you with your question. Thanks!

23. Joanne Moore

September 20, 2018 - 5:27 pm

I swear to every question Jpay says the same thing “contact customer support” do you have it downloaded on a word document and just copy and paste the answer?

for the last two hours I have attempted to add stamps and the money says its being pulled from my account however its not updating my stamp balance and also it keeps saying failed however my account shows the money was taken is there an ongoing issue today?

I am pretty sure the response will be contact customer support but worth a try smh.

September 25, 2018 - 3:29 pm

Hi Kelsie – Once we have a confirmed tablet deployment date, we’ll inform all customers. Thanks!

25. Kelsie J Lasiter

September 19, 2018 - 4:11 pm

when is missouri eastern correctional center in pacific mo suppose to receive thier tablets?

September 18, 2018 - 4:23 pm

Hello – You cannot use JPay stamps for your Securus phone time. Thanks!

27. Suggahz

September 16, 2018 - 10:31 pm

Im curious as to if jpay is in association with Securus Tech.?
    If so, I have fone time however I have no stamps. Can I use money from my fone time to buy stamps?

September 18, 2018 - 4:24 pm

Hi Alisha – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your phone time questions. Thanks!

29. Alisha

September 15, 2018 - 12:11 pm

Why is my status still saying “pending” for phone time on my husband is henderson county detention ky? It has been over 48hrs and yall were quick to take the $ out of my bank account within 5mins of completing the payment. I have called the customer service # above and can not get a human on the phone. I want answers ASAP. I see NOT 1 good review about this system.

September 18, 2018 - 4:26 pm

Hi April – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your questions. Thanks!

31. April

September 13, 2018 - 7:17 pm

I sent out money and emails through JPay to a loved one in Indiana. They are not expecting anything from me. And I do not believe that they have received anything from JPay at all. My concern is that they will not know they have money and an email waiting for them. Are they notified if something is sent via JPay?

September 13, 2018 - 12:47 pm

Hi Wanda – We’re sorry for your loss. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this request. Thanks.

33. Wanda Schneider

September 13, 2018 - 1:12 am

Can anyone tell me what happens to the emails on jpay once an inmate is released? My nephew was in Bismarck state pen in nd and was released dec 2017.. he just recently passed away at the young age of 32 from a massive heart attack and i would love our emails while he was serving his time.. that’s all I have left.. anyone know?

September 13, 2018 - 1:11 pm

Hi Mill – There are no plans at this time to launch JPay tablets in Indiana. Thanks!

35. Mill

September 10, 2018 - 11:37 pm

When will tablets be available at Indiana State Prison??

September 13, 2018 - 1:12 pm

Hi Emily – Only incarcerated individuals can purchase accessories from the kiosk. However, if available, you can fund your loved one’s media account for them to purchase. Thanks!

37. Emily Lamb

September 10, 2018 - 9:27 am

How can I buy high definition ear phones for my inmate at Hamilton Correctional Institution? I can’t find them listed through

September 13, 2018 - 1:13 pm

Hi Rema – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look into this email issue for you. Thanks!

39. Rema Howell

September 10, 2018 - 12:45 am

I have been emailing my son in Georgia (prison) and noticed that he is not getting my emails, nor am I getting any from him. What is up with this? I am checking to receive a reply stamp along with each email. Has email been discontinued or he is not alerted to his emails or what? Thank you for answering.

September 13, 2018 - 1:15 pm

Hi Scott – JPay is fully operational. Thanks!

41. Scott

September 8, 2018 - 5:32 pm

Are phones down again at DCI Dayton?

September 13, 2018 - 1:18 pm

Hi Bea – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help answer your question. Thanks!

43. Bea

September 5, 2018 - 5:51 pm

Why can’t I email my boyfriend anymore they took the option to email off it only says I can send money and I have bought stamps too … He’s in mayo c.i.

September 4, 2018 - 1:28 pm

Hi Judy – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can look into your money transfer question. Thanks!

45. Judy

September 3, 2018 - 8:44 pm

I sent money to my grandson last Friday, Aug. 31, 2018, confirmation #89997193, but it has not appeared. However, it does show it went through successfully. Can you help?

September 4, 2018 - 1:31 pm

Hi Astasia – Please have your husband submit a trouble ticket from the kiosk and a Customer Service Representative will help him. Thanks!

47. Astasia Drawkulich

August 30, 2018 - 8:15 pm

Someone needs to check the kiosks at lake erie correctional. They are down to one, and my husbands player wont sync. Anything he can do to possibly get his player to sync?

August 27, 2018 - 1:38 pm

Hi Racquel – Indiana will be working with a new vendor – however at this time JPay is still operational in the state. Once a finalized transition date is set, we’ll inform all customers. Thanks!

49. Racquel

August 26, 2018 - 5:06 pm

I have an inmate in Indiana an he said they heard that JPay was being takin away is that true??

August 27, 2018 - 1:39 pm

Hi Pamela – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this concern. Thanks!

51. Pamela Thurman

August 25, 2018 - 8:21 am

I have been trying for days to reach someone. My loved one is in Huron Valley Women’s Correctional Facility and I am unable to send or receive e-mails from her. There is no place to even click on compose or read incoming mail. I got an e-mail notice one was received but I can’t access it.

August 27, 2018 - 1:40 pm

Hello – You need to know the ID number to do so. Thanks!

53. T. Courtney

August 24, 2018 - 4:20 pm

Is there any way to pay parole/probation fees for someone if you do not know their ID#?

August 27, 2018 - 1:41 pm

Hi Christina – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this concern. Thanks!

55. christina

August 22, 2018 - 1:52 pm

IM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHY I KEEP GETTING NOTIFICATIONS BUT WHEN I LOG IN, THERE IS NO EMAIL???????????????

August 27, 2018 - 1:46 pm

Hi John – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

57. John gilhooly

August 20, 2018 - 11:59 pm

I have a number of times tried to find out what happened to the money I sent a prisoner via a “Money Order Deposit Form,” for Florida prisoners at JPay. I have called many, many times the phone number you have listed on the form and am unable to find out if the money was deposited into the prisoners account. I have tried the web site to and still no go. It’s been since 7/11/2018. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

58. S Neal

August 20, 2018 - 9:21 pm

I’ve emailed me husband and it seems to be taking forever for the emails to get to him. Please fix the kiosk at Hardee Correctional they seem to not be working properly. Thank you

August 27, 2018 - 1:47 pm

Hi Calvin – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

60. Calvin Mitchell

August 20, 2018 - 6:37 pm

How many Stamps did I send Calvin

61. Pamela Stracener

August 20, 2018 - 5:48 pm

Can you please have someone check the kiosks at potosi correctional center. They are having trouble with the mouse or tracker ball (not sure correct name) not working and so it makes it hard to receive their emails. Thank you

August 27, 2018 - 1:49 pm

Hi Mary – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

63. Mary Helms

August 19, 2018 - 7:51 pm

I can’t find where to purchase the tablet for my brother who is at Union Correctional Inst.I want to buy the 7 inch and the email I received says a total of 69.00 and a few cents,so can I call tomorrow and buy it then

August 27, 2018 - 1:50 pm

Hi Linda – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

65. Linda M Whitworth

August 19, 2018 - 2:24 pm

I can’t login nor can I open a new account. NEED HELP!!!!

August 27, 2018 - 1:50 pm

Hi Carol – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your tablet question. Thanks!

67. Carol Saders

August 19, 2018 - 8:55 am

I know the inmate cannot have an MP3 player and an J pad, they have to turn in MP3 or have it sent home. BUT what if they gave their MP3 play away and now that person has move to another facility? Can they still buy an J pad??? this is in the Marion Corr. in Florida

68. Kelly Miles

August 18, 2018 - 10:51 pm

Is something going on with the Jpay kios at lake butler florida? I haven’t heard from my husband since 11am today.

69. Diana

August 18, 2018 - 8:11 pm

Hi are the tablets going be available at A C I in Sneads FLA. Thank you

August 27, 2018 - 1:54 pm

Hi Russell – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

71. Russell A.Williams

August 18, 2018 - 1:48 pm

Im not getting emails that my love one sent to me period. It seems as if the emails get lost . Please fix this issue asap. The stamps cost money and i hate to waste money.

August 27, 2018 - 1:58 pm

Hello – Please have your loved one write a trouble ticket through the JPay kiosk. Customer Service will help with troubleshooting the issue. Thanks!

73. Willie's Wife

August 17, 2018 - 10:16 am

Something is happening to the J5’s at the River North CC. The J5 is shutting completely down while and after syncing. I don’t think it’s fair to ask family to purchase these items and they break down after warranty expires!!! I don’t have that kind of money to repurchase what eventually is going to blackout after 90 days. Come on people you are making the money at least give our loved ones a dependable Jp5. I’m so upset!!! ITS NOT FAIR!!!

74. Sindy

August 17, 2018 - 7:18 am

Jpay please fix the Toledo error! This has been going on for way too long.

75. Rodney Grantham

August 16, 2018 - 11:52 am

It appears that the notices of messages received are not been generated any more. I prefer not to have to check Jpay all the time. Could you reactivate notices of messages in the mailbox?

I had about 5 or 6 msgs last time since my brother was worried at the lack of response. This time there were 2 messages without notification to me.

76. Jamie

August 16, 2018 - 12:18 am

Dear jpay, I’ve been contanting you days ago. But have received no reply. The jpay screens haven’t been working at toledo correctional institution for about a week now. Please fix it”!!

August 16, 2018 - 9:17 pm

Hi Kaycee – Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? That usually helps!

78. Kaycee Evans

August 15, 2018 - 9:41 pm

I would like to no why every time I go on my jpay app and I click the email block it boots me out then it start all over to where I have to login and when I do it say leave a comment on what’s my problem I sent a message and I still didn’t get a response so I called you guys and you said unstall the app and stall it back well that didn’t work so what’s the problem?
    We spend a lot of money with you all for us to be having these problems. Then to add icing to the cake my husband hasn’t been able to sync his tablet to the kiosk for over a month now this is freaking ridiculous.

August 16, 2018 - 9:18 pm

Hi Marisol – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your email concern. Thanks!

80. Marisol Vega

August 15, 2018 - 8:23 pm

Hi,
    My son is currently at Fort Myers Work Camp, which is part of Charlotte Correctional Institution in Fl. I was formerly able to email him. Now, I don’t see the email option but he tells me that other inmates there are able to send emails.

August 15, 2018 - 12:42 pm

Hi James – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this question. Thanks!

82. James Browning

August 13, 2018 - 10:13 pm

How much money did I just put on Mandi Pritchett’s account

August 15, 2018 - 12:43 pm

Hi Patti – Please reach out to the INDOC regarding your question. At this time, money transfer is still offered by JPay. Thanks!

84. Patti Schmidt

August 13, 2018 - 5:39 am

Good morning:

I have used “Jpay” to send funds to my son at W.V.C.F. in Carlisle IN for a long time. He wrote and said you will be transitioning to “GLT”. PLEASE let me know what is going on.

Thank You….

August 15, 2018 - 12:50 pm

Hi Donna – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative and they can help you with your tablet question. Thanks!

86. donna russell

August 9, 2018 - 8:50 am

how do i find out if the jpay player is available in union correctional

August 15, 2018 - 12:51 pm

Hi Chandra – We will alert IT of your submission. Thanks!

88. Chandra Glass

August 8, 2018 - 8:37 pm

The kiosks are not working at Lake Butler,Fl Rception and medical Center cam=n yall please hurry up and fix them in I dorm?

August 15, 2018 - 12:52 pm

Hi Stella – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help answer your questions. Thanks!

90. Stella Griffith

August 8, 2018 - 1:49 pm

How can I find out if JP5 or JP5s is available at Solano Corrections and how much do they cost?

August 15, 2018 - 12:52 pm

Hi Chauntel – keep in mind that some emails are flagged for review, which may cause a delay in delivery. Thanks!

92. Chauntel sands

August 7, 2018 - 6:12 pm

Why do I get emails the next day or 3 days later and get some the same day?? Is something wrong with the system