Important Information about JPay.com

As of June 30, 2018, the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council will not recognize Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.0 as an effective Internet security protocol.  Therefore, JPay is transitioning  our Internet payment environment to TLS 1.1 and higher.

IMPORTANT: on June 27, 2018, JPay will discontinue support of earlier versions. If you want to continue using www.JPay.com to access your JPay account and use any of our products and services, you must have the latest version of the web browser and operating system on your computer or tablet.

We encourage you to make sure your web browsers are up-to-date with the latest version, or else you won’t be able to access your JPay account through www.JPay.com. Below is a list of web browsers and the latest versions:

• Chrome – Version 22 to 67 or higher
  • Firefox – Version from 49.2 to Version 60 or higher
  • Internet Explorer – Version 11 or higher
  • Microsoft Edge – Version 42 or higher
  • Apple Safari – 7 on OS x 10.9 or higher

For more information on how to upgrade your web browser, click here!

August 15, 2018 - 12:53 pm

Hi Tritobia – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your question. Thanks!

2. Tritobia

August 7, 2018 - 6:36 am

Hi, I’m trying to access my email, which I had stamps previously and now I can’t. The email logo isn’t at the top with the rest of the logos (send money, video visitation, etc.). Have you taken the email logos away or is there a way I can start back emailing my loved one.

August 15, 2018 - 12:54 pm

Hi Charity – The JPay tablets are not available in Indiana. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative regarding your other questions. Thanks!

4. Charity Lynn

August 6, 2018 - 9:51 pm

Is the tablet available in the prisons in Indiana? Why am I able to send my fiance money but they refused my visitation privileges? Also, I sent 3 videograms all with lrepaid replies on July 7, and not one of the 3 inmates I write received them.

August 15, 2018 - 12:55 pm

Hi Joe – The tablets will be available shortly. We will alert all customers – thank you for your patience!

6. Joe

August 6, 2018 - 10:22 am

Are the tablets available at Tomoka Correctional in Florida, and if they are, how can they be purchased?

August 15, 2018 - 12:57 pm

Hi Crystal – please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative regarding your email questions. Thanks!

8. Crystal

August 4, 2018 - 2:05 pm

Why isn’t my loved one getting my jpay emails?? And why whenever he does get them, they’re delayed for several days at a time or even weeks, but jpay takes my money immediately!!

August 15, 2018 - 12:58 pm

Hi Martha – Incarcerated loved ones cannot access the internet through JPay. Thanks!

10. Martha

August 2, 2018 - 10:03 pm

Can inmates look and/or access pen pal sites with their jpay’s?

August 15, 2018 - 12:58 pm

Hi Cindy – You cannot host a Video Visit on a JPay tablet. Thanks!

12. Cindy Frazier

August 2, 2018 - 5:35 pm

Do Idaho jpay tablets allow video visits?

August 15, 2018 - 1:00 pm

Hi La Kesha – When a finalized tablet deployment date is set, we’ll make sure all customers are made aware. Thanks!

14. La Kesha Hayes

August 2, 2018 - 6:52 am

When will the tablets be available at the ERDCC in Missouri?

August 1, 2018 - 9:11 pm

Hi Scott – It only takes one stamp to send an email and then another stamp to attach a photo. VideoGram is only available through the JPay mobile app on cell phones. You’ll be able to see if VideoGram is available to your loved one through the app. Thanks!

16. Scott

July 31, 2018 - 9:48 pm

How many stamps does it take for an inmate to send a picture or an email? And can they send a video gram to me? If so how many stamps for that?

August 1, 2018 - 9:16 pm

Hi Kristen – Please uninstall and then reinstall the app. That should work. Thanks!

18. Kristen

July 29, 2018 - 10:56 pm

Why isn’t email or stamp transfer working in the jpay app? It won’t let me select a contact and if I add one it says contact already exists. This has been going on for several days now. Please help!

August 1, 2018 - 9:17 pm

Hi Laurie – Yes, your profiles/payment methods are secured. The Idaho incident was not a hack – no data or personal information was compromised. Thanks!

20. Laurie

July 28, 2018 - 4:42 pm

Is JPay increasing their security protocols and encryption in light of the Idaho hacking? Are our payments and cards stored in our profiles / payment methods secure?

August 1, 2018 - 9:19 pm

Hi Shannon – Each email requires one stamp to send. Thanks!

22. Shannon Gill

July 28, 2018 - 11:25 am

Is it free for the inmate are they have to buy stamps as well.

August 1, 2018 - 9:22 pm

Hi Linette – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

24. Linette Luckett

July 27, 2018 - 1:43 am

Hello, I’m having trouble loging in on J Pay, its asking me to find location, then it says it already exists..I’ve never had this issue before..what’s wrong with the system? And what do I need to re-connect to my loved one? 7/26/18

August 1, 2018 - 9:22 pm

Hello – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your question. Thanks!

26. Friendly Thomas

July 27, 2018 - 12:10 am

Why was my visitation app denied due to lack of information. I filled out everything on application and i have a clean background. Now I have to send a copy of my licence and social security number by mail. Confused.

August 1, 2018 - 9:24 pm

Hi Lydia – Corcoran does not have the tablets at this time. Thanks!

28. Lydia

July 26, 2018 - 1:03 pm

Does Corcoran State Prison in California have the Ipad for inmates?

August 1, 2018 - 9:25 pm

Hi Nermina – Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the app? That should help. Thanks!

30. Nermina Williams

July 25, 2018 - 6:20 am

The jpay app isn’t working yet. I put in my login information, I select the state he’s in, put in his doc number, hit continue, “inmate already exists” is the message I get. Why is that so and when will that be resolved?

July 24, 2018 - 4:06 pm

Hi Jordan – We suggest that you use Internet Explorer – that works best for Video Visitation. Thanks!

32. Jordan

July 24, 2018 - 12:35 am

Is video visitation compatible with Safari on an Apple/Mac computer ? I haven’t received an answer on this. Need help before I schedule another failed video visit

July 24, 2018 - 4:07 pm

Hi Leroy – As we introduce new products and services, customers will be made aware. Thanks for your patience!

34. Leroy George, Sr.

July 23, 2018 - 7:59 pm

Hi. When will Louisiana State Prison going to get video calls (i.e. face time from their tablet) and able to email pictures & videos? Thank you.

July 24, 2018 - 4:33 pm

Hi Laurie – Thank you for feedback. We will inform our IT team. Thanks!

36. Laurie

July 23, 2018 - 12:33 pm

Also, is there any way the inmates with tablets can be provided with better microphones on their headset? The mic picks up EVERYTHING, and you can hear the background noise more loudly than the person talking.

Also, there is a lot of reverberation in that when I say something, a couple of seconds later I hear myself say it to him. In other words, there’s a time delay and then I hear myself loud and clear.

37. Laurie

July 23, 2018 - 12:29 pm

I’m just trying to get a time frame for those services. Will they be active in 2018 at least?

July 23, 2018 - 12:02 pm

Hi Laurie – Once new products and services are introduced in any location, we will alert all customers. Thanks!

39. Laurie

July 23, 2018 - 11:23 am

Hi. When are the Nebraska DOC locations going to get 1) video calls (i.e. face time from their tablet) and 2) able to email pictures & videos? Thank you.

40. Blanca

July 22, 2018 - 10:35 pm

Todavía no he recibido mi tablet y ya van tres meses del envío quisiera saber q está pasando. Está a nombre de Roberto Quiñones.

July 23, 2018 - 12:06 pm

Hi Betty – The website is not down. If you’re still having difficulty, please call call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

42. Betty

July 21, 2018 - 11:11 am

Is your website down? I’m trying to read my incoming email but can’t.

43. Betty

July 21, 2018 - 11:10 am

Hi, is your system down? I’ve been trying to access email and it wont allow me.

July 23, 2018 - 12:06 pm

Hi Bruce – It was not deleted. We are instructing users to clear all caches and cookies, and then open a new window using Internet Explorer. That should work. Thanks!

45. Bruce

July 21, 2018 - 9:55 am

Why did you delete my question about when you’re going to fix the problem with using JPay with a Chrome browser? It has not worked for over a week. I called customer service last weekend and was told you hoped to have it corrected by 7/16 or 7/18. It is now 7/21 and it still isn’t working.

46. Nermina Williams

July 20, 2018 - 10:41 pm

47. Nermina Williams

July 20, 2018 - 10:39 pm

The jpay app isn’t working yet. I put in my login information, I select the state he’s in, put in his doc number, hit continue, “inmate already exists” is the message I get. Why is that so she even will that be resolved?

July 23, 2018 - 12:08 pm

Hi Bruce – We are working on a fix. For now, we’re instructing users to open Internet Explorer. Thanks!

49. Bruce

July 20, 2018 - 11:32 am

Do you intend to make Chrome available again as a browser? It has not worked for over a week now. When I called, I was informed you hoped to have the bug that was preventing anything but IE to work to be fixed by Monday or Tuesday (7/16 or 17) of this past week. IE really isn’t an option to move to given its history of allowing malware to be loaded to a users computer.

July 23, 2018 - 12:08 pm

Hello – There are fees associated with JPay services. Thanks!

51. CJ

July 19, 2018 - 5:52 pm

I am embarrassed enough by my son and refuse to pay to contact him or send money. Does this cost to use. I am busy and don’t have time to read all the long info. Been dealing with this nonsense for 35 years.

July 23, 2018 - 12:09 pm

Hi Tommy – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your account. Thanks!

53. tommy powell

July 19, 2018 - 5:03 pm

i am tryig to set up an account but it keeps telling me my e-mail already exists,and i never have used j-pay before. i have only used j-pay in prison while i was in ohio.

July 19, 2018 - 9:26 am

Hi Virginia – You can send your loved one money through your JPay account. For more details, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you! Thanks!

55. virginia elliott

July 18, 2018 - 3:28 pm

i am new to sending money through this as my finace just got transferred there. how do i send money to him. i tried to send him 15 dollars and he has not received it. i am needing to know how to send it to him. trying to transfer money to 256586 please help

July 19, 2018 - 9:27 am

Hi Bernice – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can provide you with more details on tablets in Florida. Thanks!

57. Bernice Mailki

July 18, 2018 - 2:19 pm

I would like more information about purchasing a tablet for my daughter. She is at Florida Women’s Reception Center in Ocala FL. Thank you

July 17, 2018 - 10:20 am

Hello – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you login. Thanks!

59. Ids Phillips

July 17, 2018 - 12:11 am

I can’t login to my acc.

July 17, 2018 - 10:20 am

Hi Veronica – This only concerns JPay.com, not the tablets. Thanks!

61. Veronica k Anthony

July 16, 2018 - 1:19 pm

Does this change to ISP affect the tablets in Ohio prison? Jpay will no longer support their security as noted in the notice.

July 17, 2018 - 10:20 am

Hi Veronica – This does not concern the tablets, as they cannot access the internet. Thanks!

63. Veronica Anthony

July 16, 2018 - 1:10 pm

Does this change apply to the jp5 in Ohio prisons and if so how are they to update their browsers. My son downloaded an upgrade o 6/11/18 sent to him by jpay has caused the tablet to remove all the apps as well as his name and now it will not come on. He opened a ticket and has not heard anything.

July 17, 2018 - 10:21 am

Hi Jessica – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help troubleshoot the issues you’re experiencing with video visitation. Thanks!

65. Jessica Abner

July 16, 2018 - 10:46 am

Everytime I go login for a Video Visit. The Facility is not working properly. Daniel Roy Bailey and I Jessica Dawn Bailey would Love to be able to See one another. Love you so much Daniel Roy Bailey

July 17, 2018 - 10:22 am

Thank you, Lisa! We’re glad JPay can help you stay connected with your son!

67. lisa ramos

July 16, 2018 - 6:34 am

thank you very much for the notice. also, i am so grateful for the service you provide. i am pretty much home bound and too ill to do much most days. my son got himself into big trouble and upon his transfer from the county jail system i lost track of him and had no idea how to communicate or send money. i researched and found him but the instructions i received from his facility were more than sketchy. when i landed on your site – a sigh of relief. simple to follow instructions – click here enter pay method and click to submit – wow! God bless you for easing some of hardship.

July 17, 2018 - 10:23 am

Hello – VideoGrams may be deleted if they do not follow the guidelines, including wardrobe restrictions. That could be the reason. Thanks!

69. Franceska

July 16, 2018 - 2:34 am

I’m curious ~ why did jpay start deleting certain videograms??? For example: if the inmate is wearing a white tank top, the videogram is deleted within 12 hours. It seems like a waste of stamps, just to have the video deleted. Understand, theses are in some cases, the only view of what we have to see our loved one.
    Just trying to understand the reasoning behind it.
    Any response is welcome, thank you.

July 17, 2018 - 10:24 am

Hi Nesha – The system is working properly. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with your Video Visitation concerns. Thanks!

71. Nesha

July 16, 2018 - 12:33 am

When will your system be back up? Are you even working to resolve the problem? I purchased three video visits that i was not able to have, because the system has been down. A projected date for the return of service would be great.

July 17, 2018 - 10:24 am

Hi Betty – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you recover your password. Thanks!

73. Betty A. Miller

July 15, 2018 - 9:50 pm

I put in my email and put a password in but apparently I don’t remember my password and it’s telling me to hit the forgot button but I don’t see that any where how do I find out what it is

July 17, 2018 - 10:25 am

Hi Maureen – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

75. Maureen Quin

July 15, 2018 - 6:45 pm

I have been trying to login to my son, Michael Narlock, to send some money thim but have been unable to login. I am doing everything the same as always but it will not take my email and password.

July 17, 2018 - 10:26 am

Hi Pearl – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

77. Pearl Wynkoop

July 15, 2018 - 9:05 am

I have an updated version of Chrome which meets your standards, however, I cannot get into Jpay to communicate with my loved one. I have tried changing the password and still I cannot access Jpay.

THIS IS MY SECOND REQUEST FOR HELP WITH THIS. I would appreciate some response. Thank you.

July 17, 2018 - 10:26 am

Hi Jenny – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

79. Jenny Richter

July 15, 2018 - 4:58 am

I can not access jpay from either my tablet or desktop although it says my browser is updated to the latest version. At least the jpay app on my phone works

July 17, 2018 - 10:27 am

Hi Mary – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

81. Mary Turck

July 14, 2018 - 7:58 pm

Jpay will not allow me to log in. My browser is up to date. I know my login and password. They are not working tonight.

July 17, 2018 - 10:28 am

Hi Camille – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative and provide more details on the kiosk. Our IT team monitors all kiosks and manages maintenance. Thanks!

83. Camille

July 14, 2018 - 7:26 pm

How come the kiosk has been down at a virginia facility for 4 weeks now?

July 17, 2018 - 10:28 am

Hi Jacinth – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

85. Jacinth Harms

July 14, 2018 - 7:20 pm

Cannot sign in. It does not show any errors.It just won’t sign in. My browser is up to date and no changes have occurred that would prevent me from signing in successfully.

July 17, 2018 - 10:30 am

Hi Rosemary – If you’re having issues with logging into the website, please clear your cache, close your browsers (all tabs), reopen a new browser session, and reattempt login. That should work! We also encourage you to use Internet Explorer. Thanks…and we apologize for the inconvenience. Thanks!

87. Rosemary Martinez

July 14, 2018 - 9:27 am

Already upgrade but still won’t let me log in.

July 17, 2018 - 10:30 am

Hi Heather – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

89. Heather Mcdonald

July 14, 2018 - 6:22 am

Its only giving me option to send money.email and buy stampz..when it says in the help section it should also show video visitation and videogames( I think that’s what they call em’ it is the 30 sec. picture/video thing? Videogram***it is called.. I apologize for the confusion please excuse me..lol…I am really wanting a call back or email at least by noon would be GREAT..MY # IS 3218303215I’ve been trying figure it out on my own but it’s just not possible I don’t understand n there’s just not a ButtoN anywhere on the top panel of screen.. and I looked it up in Franklin CI does do 15 minutes video visitations for I think it was 295 so it does exist so just call me back email me ASAP thanks I am extremely frustrated…

90. Mark mercer

July 13, 2018 - 11:10 pm

Live you Kim sweetheart

91. Mark mercer

July 13, 2018 - 11:05 pm

I love you my sweet rehabilitated daughter. You did it on your own. Without the help of any others.your baby’s will be proud of this forever.you are the strong mercer baby.

July 17, 2018 - 10:30 am

Hi Camille – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

93. Camille Costa

July 13, 2018 - 7:16 pm

Transferred money to inmate K53509. Came out of my account. Still not in his. Thank you