Hey Missouri, JPay’s Back!

JPay’s Money Transfer services are now back in Missouri Correctional Facilities. The same service and satisfaction you previously loved from JPay has returned! Deposit money into your loved one’s account so they can buy what they need.

Choose from one of our four easy ways to send money:

• Send through JPay.com
  • Utilize the free JPay mobile app for Android and iPhone
  • Call the Toll-free number: 800-574-5729
  • Use cash at MoneyGram locations (receive code 2439)

More services will soon be available!

1. Glenda

October 27, 2017 - 10:17 pm

Well it’s less than two hours away from when we are supposed to be emailing via Jpay, and we still have no info on what it’s going to cost to email our loved one. The link the moderator has posted for additional information has no info about email. I would like to see the moderator’s response to Carley. Either I’m overlooking it or no one responded. I’m so tired of reading “you will be notified…”

2. JPayModerator

October 27, 2017 - 1:35 pm

HI Carol – The $50 you sent you husband should be available to him if your payment was processed successfully. Also, JPay’s inbound email service will be available beginning this Saturday, October 28th for the state of Missouri. When additional services do become available we will be sure to notify all of our customers in Missouri. Thanks!

3. JPayModerator

October 27, 2017 - 1:30 pm

Hi Carol – We greatly appreciate your feedback. As of right now, JPay’s inbound email service will be available beginning this Saturday, October 28th. Once are email services are enabled in the state of Missouri the prices will also be available. For more information on available additional services, please visit http://www.jpay.com/Agency-Details/Missouri-Department-of-Corrections.aspx. Thanks!

4. Carol

October 27, 2017 - 12:34 pm

Why does it cost so much to send money through JPay? With Access, the higher the amount, the cheaper it was to send money. JPay the price just goes higher. Would like to see if an option of being able to load money to an account through Dollar General, like Access did could be an option. It was so much easier for those that do not have bank cards. The email services are an issue as well. We are not being told how much “stamps” are going to cost to send email. Access provided a one daily free email. JPay and the MODOC is just raking everyone over the coals for money. The only thing I see good about JPay is the tablets. But yet of course everything about them will cost as well.

5. JPayModerator

October 27, 2017 - 10:46 am

Hi Audrey – When additional services do become available we will be sure to notify all of our customers in Missouri. As of right now, JPay’s inbound email service will be available beginning this Saturday, October 28th. For more information on available additional services, please visit http://www.jpay.com/Agency-Details/Missouri-Department-of-Corrections.aspx. Thanks!

6. JPayModerator

October 27, 2017 - 10:40 am

7. Mia

October 27, 2017 - 8:57 am

I have been hearing talking’s about MO inmates receiving tablets and kiosks being set up. Will this allow the inmates to reply via email, have access to educational materials and video chat?

8. Audrey

October 26, 2017 - 11:02 pm

When will outbound email service be available in Missouri? Also, I saw that someone asked about tablets in Missouri but I did not see a response. Do you know when they will be available and will we be able to purchase them for our loved ones? I do have to admit that I am very tired of the “you will be notified” answer. I think that we would all like a real answer instead of a brush off if that would be possible.

9. Carol

October 26, 2017 - 7:31 pm

So I’ve opened a account with JPay. placed $50.00 on my husbands account, I am wondering when the account be opened for him to receive the money? When will the email service be available? When will the media account be available? When can I purchase a JP5s for him? He is located at the Eastern Reception and Diagnostic Correctional Center in Bonne Terre Mo.

10. Carley

October 26, 2017 - 4:59 pm

Okay so if Missouri is making the switch in 2 days, why haven’t we been given information such as how much it’s going to cost to email (since what we have now is free)? Honestly Im not happy with this switch at all because we are currently able to email our loved ones for free. Some families struggle to keep money on their phone for phone calls, how do you expect them to keep in contact with their loved one if they now have to pay to email as well as for phone time and putting money on their books… This is ridiculous. Can we get more information, like, today? So that we can all scrape together money to PAY for “stamps” to email our loved one?

11. JPayModerator

October 26, 2017 - 12:39 pm

Hi April – Yes, email is available in New Jersey. Your loved ones emails could be flagged for review, which would cause a slight delay in delivery.

12. Stuart

October 26, 2017 - 10:27 am

Happy to hear that inbound email will be available this Saturday. I’m looking forward to hearing about the additional service. Many thanks.

13. JPayModerator

October 26, 2017 - 10:13 am

Hi Heavenly – JPay’s inbound email service will be available beginning this Saturday, October 28th. More services and offerings will become available at a later date. Thanks!

14. JPayModerator

October 26, 2017 - 10:11 am

Hi Carol – Please be aware outbound emails are not available in the state of Texas. Your loved one will receive a print out of your email and would have to respond via postal mail. Please be aware reply emails are not available in Texas. Your loved one will receive a print out of your email & would have to respond via postal mail.

15. Carol

October 25, 2017 - 9:19 pm

Will Jpay Email ever be available in Texas? I am trying to email allred and Now I’m told there is no email service there.

16. Heavenly

October 25, 2017 - 8:07 pm

Hello I’m hearing rumors that tablets will be available in Missouri. Is this true? Will they cost are will they be free? And what are the restrictions on it?

17. April Harris

October 25, 2017 - 5:29 pm

Is email available in NJ at swsp because I sent letters no reply.

18. Vicki Middlemist

October 24, 2017 - 1:35 pm

When will we be able to email and send pictures to Missouri DOC?

19. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 12:04 pm

Hi Stuart – JPay’s inbound email service will be available beginning this Saturday, October 28th. More services and offerings will become available at a later date. We apologize for any confusion.

20. Stuart Butler

October 24, 2017 - 10:50 am

I actually study incarceration at a major research organization in Washington. I have to say that your response to Kayla is exactly the kind of thing that makes us all angry. I correspond by email/letter with an inmate in Jefferson City. He sent me a latter last week with your flyer telling me that “staying connected just got easier” because you are the replacement free email service for Access Corrections, as of October 28. So I registered with JPay only to discover that email is not available at Jefferson City. And now I see you cannot give Kayla a firm date when it will be – she an I and hundreds of others will just have to wait for you to tell us when it will be available. Is there some reason you can’t tell us now – is that not stipulated in your contract? Is there some reason it isn’t going to be available immediately your contract takes effect this month? Telling everyone “you will be notified” is not sufficient.

21. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 9:50 am

Hi Kevelle – Email is not available in Pennsylvania at this time. Please stay tuned, When it does become available, we will be sure to notify everyone. We thank you for your interest in our products and services, have a great day!

22. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 9:42 am

Hi Caron – Please be aware reply emails are not available in the state of Texas. Your loved one will receive a print out of your email and would have to respond via postal mail.

23. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 9:39 am

Hi Kayla – When email becomes available in Missouri for all, you’ll be notified. Stay tuned!

24. JPayModerator

October 24, 2017 - 9:36 am

Hi Terry – Email is not available in all Florida prisons at this time. When it does become available for all, you’ll be notified. We thank you for using our products and services, have a great day!

25. Kayla

October 24, 2017 - 3:28 am

I think it’s bull that we cannot use access corrections anymore. It was working just fine.

I need to know when I will be able to email my loved one and how much more it’s going to cost to even send a dang letter via email

26. Terry

October 23, 2017 - 8:39 pm

Please allow email for Florida correctional center. You allow payments, but not email.

27. Kevelle Williams

October 23, 2017 - 7:29 pm

Why isn’t email working in Pennsylvania? I am trying to email my friend!!😑😞

28. Caron

October 23, 2017 - 5:37 pm

I’m an Australian resident, writing to an inmate in Estelle unit in Texas. I was told Jpay email was available in this unit. Is this correct or have I wasted my money buying stamps as I’ve sent two emails and had nothing back in a month

29. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 10:05 am

Hi Linda – When email becomes available in Missouri for all, you’ll be notified. Stay tuned!

30. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:49 am

Hi Kim – Please be aware JPay outbound email is not available in the state of Texas. Your loved one will receive a print out of your email and would have to respond via postal mail.

31. JPayModerator

October 23, 2017 - 9:04 am

Hi Jamie – The JP5 is not available in all Florida prisons at this time. When it does become available for all, you’ll be notified. Thanks!

32. Linda

October 22, 2017 - 6:48 pm

When do you expect email to be available in Missouri? Can you give us a time frame??? Weeks or Months?? It seems quite unfair that something the inmates and families had has been taken away.

33. Pam Stracener

October 22, 2017 - 2:39 pm

Since the contract takes affect on the 28th in Potosi will the email option be available at the same time? And will the ipads be available then?

34. Kim Burney

October 22, 2017 - 1:20 pm

Hi wondering if emails available at Middleton in Abilene Texas. I have sent numerous emails and they stay at “sent” status… Will they ever be at “received”? And how will I know if my loved one has emailed me back ?

35. Jamie

October 20, 2017 - 6:25 pm

Heard rumors that jpay tablets would be coming to Florida prisons in 2018. Any truth to this?

36. JPayModerator

October 20, 2017 - 9:10 am

Hi Amanda – Email is not available in Missouri at this time. When it does become available for all, you’ll be notified. We thank you for your interest in our products and services, have a great day!

37. JPayModerator

October 20, 2017 - 9:09 am

Hi Tara – Email is not available in all Florida prisons at this time. When it does become available for all, you’ll be notified. We thank you for using our products and services, have a great day!

38. Tara

October 19, 2017 - 11:06 pm

Is email available in Florida prisons

39. Amanda

October 19, 2017 - 9:44 pm

When do you expect email for Missouri and how are we supposed to email our husbands when we’re forced to use whatever company they decide? These inmates you make these fees on depend on their emails and that’s the only way alot of them receive mail from their families.

40. JPayModerator

October 18, 2017 - 8:20 am

Hi Janet – For more information regarding the status of your payment please call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. In addition, JPay does not provide phone service for the state Missouri at this time. We thank you for using our products and services.

41. Janet Simms

October 18, 2017 - 12:18 am

Please see that Scotty Brice receives his money this time. I have sent him $50.00 on 10/10/17 and no one can seem to find it. I would like for this money to go toward his telephone because I am his grandmother and have serious health issues and can’t visit him and the only way I can stay in contact with him is by phone. thank you.

42. JPayModerator

October 17, 2017 - 3:58 pm

Hi Kenny – At this time, we are not offering money transferring to Idaho. We thank you for your interest in our products and services.

43. kenny

October 17, 2017 - 2:08 pm

Are there plans to bring similar money transfer services to Idaho?

44. JPayModerator

October 17, 2017 - 8:50 am

Hi Michele – We’re live in Missouri now.

45. Andy

October 17, 2017 - 12:06 am

I don’t see the fees for deposits. Where can I find those?

46. December Cole

October 16, 2017 - 9:09 pm

is the emails coming to jpay or are they staying with access corrections in the future ? Also, can we still use access corrections to transfer money to our inmates ??

47. Michele

October 16, 2017 - 5:13 pm

When does this go into affect

48. JPayModerator

October 16, 2017 - 1:55 pm

Hi Sarah – Email is not available in Missouri at this time. When it does become available for all, you’ll be notified. We thank you for your interest in our products and services, have a great day!

49. Sarah

October 16, 2017 - 1:35 pm

When will emails and tablets be available. And what services are allowed on the tablet?

Newer Comments »