Georgia Approved Senders List

For those of you with loved ones in Georgia Department of Correction (GDC) facilities, you may know that you have to be on the GDC Approved Senders List in order to send money. This GDC policy was implemented relatively recently, so you may not know that in order to send money with JPay, your JPay account profile name must exactly match the way it appears on the Approved Senders List.

Here’s some information to help:

Get on the Approved Senders List

To ensure that your name is on the Approved Senders List, please contact your loved one.  Inmates must submit names for inclusion on their particular Approved Senders List.  You cannot add your name to the list, only your loved one can.  This is the process of being added to the list:

• Your loved one goes to his or her counselor and requests the form
  • The form must be filled out with your social security number (SSN), as well as your driver’s license or other state-issued ID information
  • The GDC then runs a background check using that information
  • If the background check comes back clear, your name will be added to the Approved Senders List

Confirm that your name is on the Approved Senders List

You may already be on your loved one’s Approved Senders List.  If you regularly call, email or visit your loved one, or have gone through a process with the GDC to become an Approved Contact, you are likely already on the Approved Senders List.  You can confirm this with your loved one or your loved one’s facility.

Make sure your name matches

This is VERY IMPORTANT… Your name on your JPay account must exactly match your name as it appears on the GDC Approved Senders List in order to send your loved one money.  You can edit your JPay account information by logging into JPay.com or the JPay mobile app and choosing “Profile” from the appropriate menu.  Here’s how:

• Log into JPay.com or the JPay mobile app for iPhone or Android
  • Navigate to the menu
  • Choose “Profile” or “My Profile” to edit your account information
  • Confirm or change your name so that it exactly matches how it appears on the GDC Approved Senders List

Again, because your loved one used your SSN as well as your driver’s license or other state-issued ID to enter your name on the Approved Senders List, your account name should reflect what is printed on your government-issued ID.

This policy applies to everyone under GDC supervision

Some county jails in Georgia – like Muscogee County Jail – house Georgia state inmates.  Even if your loved one is in a facility that isn’t technically a Georgia state prison, but they are still a GDC inmate, you must be on the GDC Approved Senders List to send money.

We hope this information helps.  If you still have questions or difficulty with the Approved Senders List, please reach out to your loved one or JPay customer service.

Tagged in:,

October 17, 2018 - 2:26 pm

Hi Michael – It applies to both. Thanks!

2. Michael

October 9, 2018 - 11:02 am

Does the Georgia Senders Approval list only pertain to sending Money? What about email?

October 17, 2018 - 2:34 pm

Hi Ann – That change is from the credit card companies, not JPay. Thanks!

4. Ann

October 3, 2018 - 10:56 pm

Can you please advise as to why debit and credit cards are now being processed as cash advances? It just switched this month…please don’t advise to call customer services, because I did and was on hold both times over 30 minutes.

October 2, 2018 - 4:44 pm

Hi Neko – You can do so once you create a JPay account. Please do so on JPay.com. Thanks!

6. Neko

September 27, 2018 - 12:28 pm

How can i get a vedio chat with my son and how can i send money

September 25, 2018 - 3:29 pm

Hi Ann – The new list is specific to email, not money transfer. Thanks!

8. Ann

September 20, 2018 - 12:04 am

With the new changes in Georgia as of 10.1.18 and them mandating email addresses be provided and 12 people added to an email list….are you still able to send money if your an approved financial person to send money and visitation list, but not the email list? Any help would be nice and clarification would be nice as the facilities aren’t really aware of how it works and/or the process. Thank you

9. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

January 11, 2018 - 1:56 pm

Hi Caroline – Please email support@jpay.com or call 1-800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They can assist you in making sure your account is properly set up as an approved visitor.

10. Caroline

January 9, 2018 - 2:28 pm

Your account name does not match any name on the DOC approved list for this offender. Your name must match the DOC approved list for the offender in order to send money. To become an approved sender, please contact the offender.
    I just sent money to his account last wednesday, he was in the hospital and taken out of the system until yesterday, and now his jpay account says this when I am trying to deposit money this week. Is this because his jpay account needs to be reset my the prison for his approved list? or should it have automatically kicked back in when they put him back into the system? I can’t get anyone to return calls from the prison.

11. Ann

November 7, 2017 - 12:02 am

How long does it take To update in the system after Ga DOC approved you for visits.

12. JPayModerator

JPayModerator

November 2, 2017 - 12:50 pm

Hi Paula – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. They can assist you in making sure your account is properly set up as an approved visitor.

13. Paula Brown

November 2, 2017 - 9:12 am

Despite being told by my offender and his counselor that I am on the approved list to send money, and verifying what they have it entered as, the site consistently says that my name does not match to send money.

14. Editor

April 18, 2017 - 10:59 am

Hi Regina – Please send us a direct message, we’d like to gather some details regarding your experience.

15. Regina Schindler

March 12, 2017 - 4:55 am

Am not at all happy with my experience of sending video grams to My Loved One….he’s at Montgomery State Prison here in Georgia…the issue is that the App (android) only allows me to record & send 10 seconds….while on both occassions I’ve been charged full payment of 3 stamps…ive still not received any email from jpay in regards to my issue

16. Anessa

December 19, 2016 - 12:11 pm

I am not on my uncle contact list but can I send him a letter and money order in the mail?

17. Editor

October 31, 2016 - 10:53 am

Hi Lea- Your loved one can take the JP5 tablet home once he/she has been released. In order to download new music, your loved one would have to mail us the tablet to be unlocked.

18. Lea

October 28, 2016 - 9:55 pm

If the inmate purchases a tablet from a kiosk, what happens to the tablet when the inmate is released? Can it be sold back? Can it be unlocked and taken out?

19. Editor

October 31, 2016 - 10:26 am

Hi Donna- We do not handle care packages. Please lets us know if you have any other questions. Have a great day!

20. Donna Elliott

October 26, 2016 - 10:55 pm

I want to know about the care packs, do you still send them?

21. Editor

October 25, 2016 - 9:52 am

Hi Valorie- This varies by state. Please have your loved one submit a “Trouble Ticket” and our support team will be able to help.

22. Valorie Patton

October 21, 2016 - 4:05 am

How much is it to purchase a tablet. My fiancé tablet is broken.

23. Editor

October 20, 2016 - 9:02 am

Hi Christie- This varies by facility and state.

24. christie

October 20, 2016 - 1:35 am

if the inmate gets in any trouble or anything happens do they automatically take them off japy

25. Editor

October 17, 2016 - 10:29 am

Hi Hendrix – Georgia facilities are unique, as the JP5s is the only device available and the tablets are given to inmates when they arrive. However, if your loved one is serving less than six months, they will not receive a tablet from the state, but they can purchase one from the JPay kiosks located within his/her facility.

26. Hendrix

October 16, 2016 - 10:36 pm

Was wondering if the jp5 tablet was available for Arrendale State Prison if so how would i go about buying one and setting it up for them?

27. Editor

October 17, 2016 - 10:29 am

Hi Hendrix – The JP5 tablet is available in the state of Georgia. Georgia facilities are unique, as the JP5s is the only device available and the tablets are given to inmates when they arrive. However, if your loved one is serving less than six months, they will not receive a tablet from the state, but they can purchase one from the JPay kiosks located within his/her facility.

28. Hendrix

October 16, 2016 - 10:34 pm

Was wondering if the jp5 tablet was available for Arrendale State Prison

29. Editor

October 17, 2016 - 11:13 am

Hi Keisha – The JP5 tablet is available in the state of Georgia. Georgia facilities are unique, as the JP5s is the only device available and the tablets are given to inmates when they arrive. However, if your loved one is serving less than six months, they will not receive a tablet from the state, but they can purchase one from the JPay kiosks located within his/her facility.

30. Keisha

October 15, 2016 - 8:46 am

Is the jpay tablet at riverbend correctional institution in milledgeville ga.

31. Editor

October 10, 2016 - 2:17 pm

Hi Paula- The JP5 tablet is not available in the state of Kentucky.

32. Paula

October 10, 2016 - 2:15 pm

Is the JP5 tablet approved for Kentucky yet ?

33. Editor

October 14, 2016 - 11:05 am

Hi Shawna- Your loved one should be notified by the facility once your email is released. Once the email is read, your loved one should be able to see the additional stamp added to his account. Georgia facilities are unique, as the JP5s is the only device available and the tablets are provided when he/she arrives. However, if your loved one is serving less than six months, he/she will not receive a tablet from the state, but he can purchase one.

34. Shawna Bosworth

September 29, 2016 - 6:53 pm

I just sent my brother an email and a stamp for a return email. #1 How will he know he has an email waiting for him? #2 Will he know that I’ve paid for the return reply? #3 How do I get a tablet for him? The information was saying to log in to see what/if a tablet is available for his prison but I have not seen the link for that information.
    Thanks for your help!

35. Editor

September 7, 2016 - 9:17 am

Hi Tammy – Please contact our customer at 800-574-5729 and they will be able to help you. Have a great day!

36. Tammy

September 7, 2016 - 8:29 am

I have sent emails to my son and a couple of pictures and he hasn’t been getting them however he did receive the postage stamps to email me back, it even gave me confirmation numbers and said successfully sent….

37. Editor

September 6, 2016 - 10:41 am

Hi June – The JP5 tablet is not available in the state of Indiana. Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state and we will make sure to communicate any updates. Have a great day!

38. June

September 5, 2016 - 6:52 am

I was wondering if the tablet is available in the Indiana DOC and if so how much is the 7″ tablet?

39. Editor

September 6, 2016 - 10:10 am

Hi Sarah – Please allow 48 business business hours (excluding weekends and holidays) for emails and videograms to be reviewed and released. If your loved one has not received your email within 48 business hours, our customer service (800-574-5729) can review to see if the email was screened by the facility. Have a great day!

40. sarah

September 4, 2016 - 1:41 am

Do you know why there are Always delays in the weekend emails, seems like any email sent after Friday at 1 Eastern time, isn’t received until late Monday or Tuesday? Yes, 48 hours but in many cases it’s more like 72 hours in GA

41. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 2:24 pm

Hi Sam- Thank you for interest. At this time we do not any updates regarding the availability of the JP5 tablet in the state of Kentucky. Have a great day!

42. Sam Smolenski

August 29, 2016 - 11:08 am

Do we have any date yet as to when the JP5 will be available in the state of Kentucky? If you have any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

43. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 10:58 am

Hi Janie- The JP5 tablet is available in the state of Georgia. Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 for more information. Have a great day!

44. janie

August 27, 2016 - 5:54 am

Is there a projected date when the tablets will be available at Coffee Correctional Facility in Georgia?

45. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 2:32 pm

Hi Sarah- You should receive an update from the videogram section on the JPay app if your videogram has been screened by the facility. Please be aware stamps are not refunded for mail screened by the facility. For specific questions, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day!

46. Sarah

August 25, 2016 - 11:51 pm

If a video gram is rejected are you notified and if rejected are the stamps credited back into the account?

47. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 10:49 am

Hi Sarah – Please be aware we are constantly working to bring our products and services to every state. At this time we do not have any updates regarding electronic visitation applications in the state of Georgia but we will make sure to communicate any updates. Have a great day!

48. Sarah

August 25, 2016 - 11:48 pm

Is there any plans for GA to move to electronic visitor approvals like other states are doing, bomber the paper applications?

49. Editor

August 30, 2016 - 9:55 am

Hi Tiwanna- Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 for assistance. Have a great day!

50. Tiwanna Cheeks

August 25, 2016 - 4:05 pm

I am able to send Email, but when trying to do a Video Visitation or Send my son money it says that I am not on the Offender’s approved list. I don’t understand why it is doing this because I got approved according to my son.

51. Editor

August 23, 2016 - 2:02 pm

Hi Ashley- Please contact our Financial Care at (954) 862-6900 x4000 for details on your loved one’s blocked account. You can reach them at financialcare@jpay.com as well. Have a great day!

52. Ashley Goad

August 21, 2016 - 12:12 am

My fiance’ is blocked from new users being created and has been for some time now but neither he nor I know why or even how to correct it and now that hes finally getting his tablet this week I won’t be able to video chat with him and I’m on his approved senders list.

53. Editor

September 1, 2016 - 10:10 am

Hi Deanna- You have to be approved on your loved one’s visitation list to send money. You should still be able to email. Have a great day!

54. Deanna Willis

August 20, 2016 - 3:45 pm

So, I have to be on the “inmates sender list” to be able to email him?

55. Editor

August 15, 2016 - 10:18 am

Hi Myrna- To get started please visit the following link http://www.jpay.com. You will need your loved one’s ID# to register. Once you log in and update your profile information, You will see all the services available at your loved one’s facilty. If you would like assistance or have questions, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 and they will be able to help you. Have a great day

56. myrna

August 14, 2016 - 9:35 am

hi hello to everyone i need your help how to make this account of jpay because of my bf 3 months now i never been contact he is now on prison ..i’m from phillipines

57. Editor

August 11, 2016 - 10:06 am

Hi Susan- Please visit the following link http://bit.ly/2aZjezZ for more information. Have a great day!

58. Susan

August 10, 2016 - 9:46 pm

I’m on the approved senders list. If I want to send a care package at Christmas and/or birthday, how do I do so?

59. Alice Mosley

August 10, 2016 - 8:06 pm

My son sent me an email this afternoon that he wants me to forward to his cousin that was diagnosed with cancer this week. This cousin is a licensed counselor who was such a comfort to all of the family when my son was incarcerated. She took him into her home and worked with him. This is inspiration that he wants to send to her. Thanks.

60. Editor

August 11, 2016 - 9:15 am

Hi Jennifer- You can still send emails at this time. Once your visitation information is updated, you can send money. If you have specific questions, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729. Have a great day!

61. Jennifer

August 3, 2016 - 10:56 pm

Does this also mean that you have to be on the Senders List to email them via JPay too?. I’m not on my friend’s senders list and as of the 16th of last month I was told that I cannot use the email services because I’m not on his senders list. I’ve sent emails and got confirmation numbers saying they’ve been sent. What’s the truth about this? If I cannot use the email services then I need a refund because my friend cannot add me on the list until November..

62. Editor

August 3, 2016 - 8:24 am

Hi Rebecca – To get started please visit the following link http://www.jpay.com. You will need your loved one’s ID# to register.

Once you log in and update your profile information, you will see all the services available at your loved one’s facility. If you would like assistance or have questions, please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 and they will be able to help you. Have a great day!

63. Rebecca Johnson

August 2, 2016 - 6:56 pm

It’s my Aunt that’s in prison I have just recently found this out in really want to be able to email her send money so how do I get started?

64. Editor

August 2, 2016 - 2:10 pm

Hi Lacey- Please contact our customer service at 800-574-5729 and they will be able to help you. Have a great day!

65. Lacey Simmons May

July 30, 2016 - 11:34 pm

I need to know how to fill out a visitors application for my son to be able to come to a visit with me I am already approved myself but need to fill out the proper paperwork so he can visit as well. He is 8 and wants to visit Jeffery Fye doc #944062 with me .