25% Off JPay Tablets – Promotion Ends Friday, November 9th!

We know how important it is to stay connected with your loved ones, especially as we approach the holiday season.  As a special promotion, JPay is offering 25% off JP5 Tablets this week – ending 9pm EST, Friday, November 9, 2018!  Take advantage of this discounted rate and give your loved ones the gift of a new JP5 tablet!

If your loved one is located in Ohio DOC or West Tennessee State Prison (female population), they can receive a new JP5 tablet through the promotion if they are upgrading from a JP3/JP4/JP5mini or if they currently do not own a tablet.  All other participating locations can purchase a JP5 tablet without those restrictions.

Locations participating in the 25% off promotion include:  Idaho DOC, Minnesota DOC, Nebraska DOC, New Jersey DOC, North Dakota DOC (as well as DWCRC), Ohio DOC, TAFT Correctional Institution in California, West Tennessee State Penitentiary (female population) in Tennessee and Washington DOC.

March 7, 2019 - 10:49 am

Hi Joyce – At this time, the JPay tablets are not available at Nebraska at this time. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

2. Joyce

March 6, 2019 - 7:47 pm

I wanted to purchase a tablet for my son but dont know if it’s available in Nebraska can you provide more information?

March 7, 2019 - 11:04 am

Hi Carol – We are sorry to hear about the trouble your grandson is having with his tablet. Please have your grandson submit a trouble ticket, although his tablet is no longer under warranty. Support maybe able to provide troubleshooting steps. Also, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

4. Carol Crowley

March 1, 2019 - 9:34 pm

My grandson got a JP5 player last January 30th. Now…these are not cheap! In December of that year…not even a full 11 months later the BATTERY SWELLED so the JP5 player cannot be used. He keeps being told there is only a 30 day or 90 day warranty….HOWEVER…a BATTERY that expands (and COULD EXPLODE!) is a DEFECTIVE JP5 player! THAT is not something he could do to ruin it. I feel like YOU owe him another JP5 player! We should not have to purchase on every 11 months! I have called JPay and he has sent in a multitude of requests. I am surprised that the prison hasn’t cone something about this as this battery is in danger of exploding! Through no fault of his! Not like we can just order another battery! PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS MATTER! Brian D Smith, 354155 Airway Heights, Washington state! AND…I cannot even find a price to replace it!

March 1, 2019 - 10:14 am

Hi Angela – At this time, the JPay tablets are not available in North Carolina. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

6. Angela Laster

February 28, 2019 - 6:33 pm

Hello jpay just wanted to know if North Carolina have the tablets yet?

March 1, 2019 - 10:38 am

Hello Sharice – At this time, there are no JPay tablets in Texas nor Colorado. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

8. Sharice

February 28, 2019 - 11:14 am

Hello,
    Can inmates in Colorado and/or Texas receive one of these tablets? If so, how can I order them?
    Thank you.

March 1, 2019 - 11:55 am

Hi Carly – If you visit our website at http://www.JPay.com, select prison search and click on Ohio. All the facilities and what is available will be listed. Thanks!

10. Carly

February 26, 2019 - 4:31 pm

Are JPay Tablets available in all Ohio institutions?

March 6, 2019 - 9:54 am

Hi Melissa – There is a pilot program in CA currently. We will be sure to keep you updated if it becomes available in all of CA. Thanks!

12. Melissa Marquez

February 26, 2019 - 1:20 pm

Can my nephew get access to the tablet? He is CA state prison Firecamp

March 6, 2019 - 1:26 pm

Hi Melissa – If the facility does not have JPay he may not be permitted to utilize the tablet. However, it is his property to keep. Thanks!

14. Melissa

February 24, 2019 - 2:30 pm

I have purchased a tablet for my husband he has transferred to another prison that does not have kiosk machine what can he do

March 6, 2019 - 1:18 pm

Hi Nekida – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

16. Nekida

February 24, 2019 - 11:45 am

I been trying to put the jpay app on my phone for months and it is not working

March 7, 2019 - 1:14 pm

Hi Susie – This is not the experience we want you or your son to have. Please advise him to submit a support ticket through the kiosk, although his tablet is no longer under warranty, support may be able to provide troubleshooting steps in an attempt to restore the device. Thanks!

18. Susie Lynch

February 22, 2019 - 11:56 am

My Son is in Fl prison (Lake Butler). He received his tablet and was charging it the other day. When he took it off it did not work!! They won’t give him another one, they said it was over 3 months. They said he had to buy another one!! I’m so upset because of the money he spent on music and games and the tablet!! They should at least work for a year!! He said you would loose out, because he spent a lot of money each month on games and music. That will happen if all these tablets break within 6 months!! Please try to do something!! They don’t have much in there!

March 6, 2019 - 12:18 pm

Hi Sally – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

20. Sally Boyd

February 20, 2019 - 5:30 pm

Why cant the inmates number on the tablet be changed. We purchased a tablet and hundreds of dollars of music over the last 18 months. Now that my husband’s inmate number has changed after sentencing (hasn’t left facility) he is told that he’ll need to purchase a new tablet and music. The original tablet doesn’t even work because the number he had is discontinued. Please can you explain why the number can’t be changed and why that isn’t a disclaimer or listed anywhere prior to purchasing.

February 19, 2019 - 4:32 pm

Hi Amelia – The DOC number you have listed on your account and name can only be the individual that it is assigned to. Only your son can send you an email, as each account is password protected. Also, regarding the tablet, please have your loved one submit a support ticket via the kiosk. Thanks!

22. amelia garcia

February 17, 2019 - 10:40 pm

I need to know why my son’s tablet was listed as given to another inmate. I have contacted JPay and STILL i am waiting for an answer. The inmates name that it was supposedly sent to is ahmad phillips # 210130. I am getting brief notes from my son. Like, Hello mom! and another one. But is this really my son. I have a feeling it is not but am not sure. I continue to get messages to fund his account. Why should I if it is going to another inmate? I have a mind to contact better business bureau if I get a chance!

February 20, 2019 - 11:33 am

Hi Sally – We are sorry for any inconvenience, your questions are not being removed. Once we get to it, it will be addressed. Thanks!

24. Sally Boyd

February 15, 2019 - 11:52 pm

Why are my questions about the tablet being removed?

February 20, 2019 - 12:15 pm

Hi John – When you log into your account at http://www.JPay.com and select your grandson’s name all the services available will be visible. If he does not already have a tablet, the option to buy a tablet on his behalf will be visible. Thanks!

26. John Haarmann

February 14, 2019 - 6:27 pm

How do I purchase a tablet for my grandson who is at Florida State Prison

February 20, 2019 - 2:02 pm

Hi David – Individuals in Virginia have the ability to purchase tablets. Thanks!

28. David E Koonce

February 12, 2019 - 11:03 am

Are tablets available to Inmates in the Va Corrections Facilities?

February 8, 2019 - 1:00 pm

Hi Jill – We apologize for the delay. We are in the process of returning/shipping FL tablets. Your loved one’s tablet will arrive to his current location within two to three weeks. Thanks!

30. Jill

February 2, 2019 - 3:57 pm

My brother’s tablet was ordered back in October and he was transferred to his permanent camp way before it shipped out and he wrote a ticket to Jpay about the change… It is February and he still DOES NOT HAVE HIS TABLET… He has been told 3 different time by Jpay its on it way… Can you tell me where it is??? Thank you

January 30, 2019 - 9:38 am

Hi Vanessa – We sincerely apologize for the delay and any inconvenience caused. During the time of purchase our warehouse that housed the tablets was relocated to Texas, causing the delay in shipment. However, we are in the process of returning/shipping FL tablets. Your loved one’s tablet will arrive to his current location within two to three weeks. Thanks!

32. Vanessa Jones

January 30, 2019 - 8:50 am

I purchased a tablet for grandson who at the time was in a FLDOC main unit on 10/3/18. He never received the tablet. I called and told JPay this info. YOU said he needed to put in the tickets himself even though I paid for it. He did that and even put in emergency ticket per your instructions. Nothing. As I advised you and so did he, his move to work release was made last week and he no longer needs the tablet. We have been using the kiosk the whole time with mail, and videos while waiting for the tablet! Also, the whole time you, JPAY has been telling us that up to 45 days the tablet would be sent NOT TRUE. We just want the money back. My last call to a JPAY rep told me that once they took the money for payment they have nothing to do with the tablet after that. I told her I wasn’t contributing money to JPAY! My grandson never received the tablet. There is nothing that I read that said this purchase wasn’t guaranteed. How can you take money for a purchase and not guarantee the product is delivered? I would like a refund please as we did no receive the product. The advised that was given to my grandson to keep putting in trouble tickets only served to waste precious time! You did nothing and gave no advise to really help the situation as you gave him the run around. JPAY was not going to give our money back, WHY? We didn’t get the product.
    Can someone please explain why there is not a better system of delivery?
    Thankyou

January 30, 2019 - 10:10 am

Hi James – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay tablet service in Indiana. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

34. James Shell

January 26, 2019 - 2:01 pm

What prisons in Indiana have the tablet service and what all can they do im just wonderin because I might be going for a few months depending on how court gos but I’ll like to know witch facility’s in Indiana have them thank you for your time reading and answering this question thank you very much for the info

January 25, 2019 - 11:13 am

Hi Nicole – We appreciate your interest in our products and services. If you don’t already have a JPay account, please create one by visiting http://www.JPay.com. Enter the state and the individual DOC number. Once located, if he/she does not already have a tablet the option to purchase will appear. Thanks!

36. nicole

January 23, 2019 - 7:32 pm

How do you purchase the tablets for nottoway center?

January 25, 2019 - 2:28 pm

Hi Teri – I am sorry to hear that your son lost his tablet. We do not have the means to track a package lost by the individual during transfer. Thanks!

38. Teri

January 21, 2019 - 2:19 am

My son tablet was lost while being transferred is there a way to track it.

January 25, 2019 - 2:32 pm

Hi Yvette – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay tablet in Nebraska. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

40. Yvette Adamson

January 20, 2019 - 9:58 pm

Where And how do I get a tablet for my son? He is in Nebraska Department of Corrections.

January 25, 2019 - 3:54 pm

Hi Jonathan – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay tablet in Pennsylvania Department of Corrections. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

42. jonathan kennedy

January 20, 2019 - 7:16 pm

Hello,
    I was wondering if I purchased a tablet for my brother who is located at the D.O.C (Forest SCI, Erie PA) does he receive it directly from you guys and would he be allowed to have it? Because he told me before that he needs to be the one to purchase it… if that’s not the case I would like to purchase it and gift it to him, but before i would purchase it I would like to just make sure he is allowed and that he would receive it.

Also, how much is the current JP5 tablet and I was told that it’s still currently 25% off… I see this ad is still up on this site, but I just wanted to verify that as well… If there is another current promotion going on right now please let me know.

Jonathan Kennedy

January 30, 2019 - 1:47 pm

Hi Leon – JPay tablet service is available in Elayn Hunt Correctional Center in LA. For pricing details please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

44. LEON PARAULT

January 19, 2019 - 11:13 pm

I would like to know if the JP5 tablets will be available at Elayn Hunt Correctional in Louisiana? My loved will be upgrading from a JP4 to a JP5 Mini or a JP5 S. Also I can’t find the price any where on the website and would like to know what the prices are. Thanks.

January 30, 2019 - 2:03 pm

Hi Natalia – Thank you for your inquiry. JPay tablets are currently available in Walton Correctional Institution in FL. Thanks!

46. Natalia

January 18, 2019 - 9:44 pm

Are the tablets available at the Walton Correctional Facility in Florida? Are all of the inmates allowed to get them or are there restrictions? How about new inmates, is there a wait time?

January 30, 2019 - 2:10 pm

Hi Diane – I am sorry to hear about your loved ones tablet. The individual must submit a support ticket from the kiosk, where repair or replacement instructions will be provided. Thanks!

48. Diane Ray

January 18, 2019 - 10:41 am

Hi,
    My cousin received his tablet and it just stopped working – won’t power up. His ID is 076559 and he is in the Florida State Prison system. I realize that there is a warranty on them but how does he go about filing a claim or requesting a replacement? Thank you

January 18, 2019 - 1:19 pm

Hi Nicole – Tablets are available for purchase at Nottoway Correctional Center in Burkeville, VA. Thanks!

50. Nicole

January 17, 2019 - 11:36 am

Hello are the tablets offered at the Burkesville, Virginia location?

January 15, 2019 - 12:01 pm

Hi Alice – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay tablets in Texas. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

52. Alice Stone

January 15, 2019 - 12:21 am

When will the JP5 Tablet be available in Texas. My son is at the Carol Vance Unit, in Richmond, Texas.

January 15, 2019 - 1:21 pm

Hi Mizzie – We apologize for the delay. We are in the process of returning/shipping FL tablets. Your loved one’s tablet will arrive to his current location within two to three weeks. Thanks!

54. Mizzie S

January 14, 2019 - 6:46 pm

I ordered my grandson a tablet back in Oct 2018 and he still has not received it! He is in Calhoun Correctional in Florida and the tablet will give him some freedom of a sort! Can you please investigate this situation and see that he gets his tablet that has been paid for for almost 4 months!

January 15, 2019 - 4:30 pm

Hi June – At this time, there are no plans to implement JPay Tablets in Kentucky. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

56. june harty

January 14, 2019 - 4:20 am

what is price of jp tablet at roederer adult correctional complex in kentucky?

January 15, 2019 - 4:30 pm

Hello Taye – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with unlock information for your tablet. Thanks!

58. Taye

January 13, 2019 - 10:28 pm

I’m trying find out where I send my tablet to so it can be unlocked. B Thank you.

January 16, 2019 - 12:41 pm

Hi Lois – The ability to purchase Tablets for individuals at Santa Rosa C.I is available. If the option is not visible, this means one was already purchased for the individual. Thanks!

60. Lois Morris

January 13, 2019 - 4:03 am

I am trying to order a tablet for my penpal in Santa Rosa C.I. in Florida, but can’t find how or where to order it on the JPay website….what is going on? Is it available for him?

January 16, 2019 - 1:26 pm

Hi Yolanda – Thank you for your inquiry! Tablets are now available at Western Reception, Diagnostic and Correctional Center (WRDCC). The individual must register on the kiosk, sign in, then the ability to order a tablet will become visible. Thanks!

62. Yolanda

January 11, 2019 - 11:03 pm

Are tablets now available in Saint Jo Missouri. Western Reception and diagnostic Cntr?

January 10, 2019 - 9:33 am

Hi Michelle – We apologize for the delay. We are in the process of returning/shipping FL tablets. Your loved one’s tablet will arrive to his current location within two to three weeks. Thanks!

64. michelle CARROLL

January 9, 2019 - 8:46 pm

IM SO UPSET I HAVE TRIED OVER AND OVER TO GET MY SONS TABLET SINCE SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR. HE WAS TRANSFERRED FROM HIS FACILITY TO ANOTHER FACILITY IN FLORIDA AND HE HAS YET TO GET HIS TABLET. THIS IS NOW JANUARY 2019. I KEEP GETTING THE RUN AROUND. HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK TO PURCHASE HIS A NEW ONE

January 9, 2019 - 2:10 pm

Hi Wendell – We apologize for the delay. We are in the process of returning/shipping FL tablets. Your loved one’s tablet will arrive to his current location within two to three weeks. Thanks!

66. Wendell Martin

January 8, 2019 - 5:58 pm

I have contacted JPay about 20 times concerning a tablet that my brother ordered back in October 2018. The tablet was returned to JPay due to him being transferred. No one can give me any accurate information about this situation. Tickets have been put in; I have called…to no avail! There is no phone number to contact anyone who may know about the tablets. This whole system is flawed!

January 9, 2019 - 2:03 pm

Hi Kathy – Thank you for your interest in our products and services. Please feel free to visit our website at http://www.jpay.com. Select the state your loved one is in to view availability and purchase option. Thanks!

68. Kathy

January 7, 2019 - 6:23 pm

Where do I go to buy the tablet. No link?

January 9, 2019 - 2:14 pm

Hi Atticus – The 25% off promotion is no longer live. However, you can purchase a tablet for your loved one if available. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you. Thanks!

70. Atticus Finch

January 7, 2019 - 3:57 pm

Can tablets still be purchased even if not on sale

January 7, 2019 - 10:37 am

Hi Tom – All tablets purchased should be under warranty. Please have your son submit a trouble ticket via the kiosk to find out if his tablet is still under warranty and what the replacement process is. Thanks!

72. Tom Harnish

January 6, 2019 - 2:18 pm

I bought a JP5s I believe, not the mini version. My Son in DOC in Florida says the tablet is malfunctioning at times. Is there any kind of replacement warranty? If not and I’d like to purchase him another one, can I do this?

January 7, 2019 - 3:21 pm

Hi Kim – JPay tablets are available in some California Department of Corrections as a pilot program. At this time, there are no plans to implement additional JPay services in other locations. If/when we launch new services, we will inform all customers. Thanks!

74. Kim A Scheide

January 4, 2019 - 6:08 pm

Hi my boyfriend is in San Quentin and he heard about these tablets and is wanting me to get one for him . I need to know how much they are and what size screens their is. thank you Kim Scheide

January 4, 2019 - 1:10 pm

Hi Teri – If your son’s tablet is not working, please have him submit a trouble ticket through the kiosk with all the details. Customer Service will inform him of next steps and how to proceed ordering a new tablet. Thanks!

76. Teri Wright

January 4, 2019 - 12:52 pm

I would like to upgrade my son tablet to the new one, He is in jackson diagnositic in jackson ga. I have his old tablet at home. What do I need to do to buy this and for you to ship it. His old tablet stopped working. It will not turn on. What adddress do I send it to .

« Older Comments