25% Off JPay Tablets – Promotion Ends Friday, November 9th!

We know how important it is to stay connected with your loved ones, especially as we approach the holiday season.  As a special promotion, JPay is offering 25% off JP5 Tablets this week – ending 9pm EST, Friday, November 9, 2018!  Take advantage of this discounted rate and give your loved ones the gift of a new JP5 tablet!

If your loved one is located in Ohio DOC or West Tennessee State Prison (female population), they can receive a new JP5 tablet through the promotion if they are upgrading from a JP3/JP4/JP5mini or if they currently do not own a tablet.  All other participating locations can purchase a JP5 tablet without those restrictions.

Locations participating in the 25% off promotion include:  Idaho DOC, Minnesota DOC, Nebraska DOC, New Jersey DOC, North Dakota DOC (as well as DWCRC), Ohio DOC, TAFT Correctional Institution in California, West Tennessee State Penitentiary (female population) in Tennessee and Washington DOC.

November 9, 2018 - 3:33 pm

Hi William – There are no plans to introduce a new JP5s. Thanks!

2. William A. Anthony Jr.

November 9, 2018 - 9:35 am

are there plans to introduce a new version of the jP5s?

November 9, 2018 - 3:34 pm

Hi Ed – Your loved one has access to purchase the tablet for the promotional price from the kiosk – if your loved one is located in one of the participating locations. Thanks!

4. Ed

November 9, 2018 - 9:34 am

How do I sign my relative up for this? Can’t find the button or the costs offered at full or 25%?

November 9, 2018 - 3:35 pm

Hi KH – You can purchase a tablet for your son if he currently does not own a tablet. Your son however can upgrade from the kiosk if he owns a JP3/4 or a JP5mini. Thanks!

6. KH

November 8, 2018 - 11:20 pm

Can l purchase a tablet for my son in OH? He is at Noble Correctional Institution. Please let me know. Thanks

November 9, 2018 - 3:35 pm

Hi Peggy – When you log into your JPay account and attempt to purchase the tablet you will see the promotional pricing. Thanks!

8. Peggy

November 8, 2018 - 7:13 pm

For Stafford Creek corrections center in Washington it does not say what version is available and how much it would cost. I already called customer service and they told me to click on the state and it would tell me and the representative was wrong because nothing comes up regarding the tablet. So what now genius

November 9, 2018 - 3:37 pm

Hi Shirley – We will inform all customers of participating states during the next promotion. Thanks!

10. Shirley Ann Jones

November 8, 2018 - 5:56 pm

Hello When will this promotion be available in Sanderson, Florida, which is Baker Work Camp.

November 9, 2018 - 3:38 pm

Hi Betty – We have escalated your concern to Customer Service. Someone will get back to you shortly. Thanks!

12. Betty Cochran

November 8, 2018 - 5:50 pm

We have been trying for over 2 months to order our son a new tablet due to his being broken. He is in Ohio and has submitted over 4 tickets to turn his in and nothing has happened. He received a notice that his ticket is finally being processed again but no time line. Is there anyway we can purchase one at the 25% off before it goes away. It’s been over 2month it shouldn’t take this long! Help

13. Shantell G

November 8, 2018 - 5:35 pm

I ordered a tablet for my son on 8/19 & he still hasn’t recieved it. I was told in an email on 10/9/18 that he should get it within 2 weeks, still no tablet. Customer service directs me to send an email. I would like to get this resolved and have the tablet sent to him.

November 9, 2018 - 3:39 pm

Hi Kathy – Your son can order a tablet from the kiosk and receive the promotion. Thanks!

15. Kathy

November 8, 2018 - 5:12 pm

my son’s tablet’s battery has stop working, some inmates have exploded, is this common? How can I order another tablet for him or should he order it from prison(Minnesota) I would like to get the discount on it! I can not find the order information.

November 8, 2018 - 3:26 pm

Hi Celeste – JPay is not the tablet provider in Colorado so we cannot comment on that situation. Thanks!

17. Celeste Diamond

November 8, 2018 - 3:12 pm

My husband is currently in holding to be transferred to a prison. He was told the tablet program has been revoked here in Colorado. Is this true?

November 8, 2018 - 12:45 pm

Hi Cathy – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can address this question. Thanks!

19. Cathy

November 8, 2018 - 12:43 pm

I purchased a Jpay tablet weeks ago and my boyfriend never got it. Is there any way I can cancel that order and purchase it at the 25% discount price?

November 8, 2018 - 1:06 pm

Hi Carra – Customer Service just left you a message. Disabling the current tablet is part of the process of ordering a new tablet. Thanks!

21. Carra Morgan

November 8, 2018 - 12:30 pm

This actually wasn’t resolved- What needed to be accomplished has been nothing but a complete train wreck. So many calls and different answers from everyone involved. DOC Headquarters became involved and made things worse. I simply wanted the block taken off so we could upgrade him and he could order the new tablet at the sale price and they disabled his player without his permission. And the tablet is now not available for him to purchase at the promo price. Management is involved. I hope to have resolution soon.

November 8, 2018 - 11:37 am

Hi Carra – Please check your email! This has been resolved. Thanks!

23. Carra Morgan

November 8, 2018 - 11:34 am

I have still not been contacted as you stated yesterday that I would be- we have the money loaded on his account and it is showing up at full price- this is an issue. We want to take advantage of the sale. Please contact me as soon as possible
    Carra 509-308-9720

November 8, 2018 - 11:38 am

Hi Sandra – All locations are listed in the blog post and Michigan is not participating. Thanks!

25. SANDRA BALDERAS

November 8, 2018 - 11:12 am

ARE THEY BEING SOLD IN MICHIGAN FOR MI DOC? I WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE MY BROTHERS TO JPAY5-S IS THAT POSSIBLE? HE HAS THE MINI NOW I THINK? IM NOT SURE WHAT ONE HE HAS THO….I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO DO THIS BEFORE THE PROMO ENDS PLEASE ASSIST THANKS.

November 8, 2018 - 10:45 am

Hi Candace – We do not have plans at this time to distribute JPay tables in TX. Thanks!

27. Candace

November 8, 2018 - 6:47 am

Hello!

Will Texas facilities have access to the tablets any time soon?

November 8, 2018 - 10:46 am

Hello – When we launch new services we’ll be sure to inform all customers. We do not have a date for Video Visitation at this time. Thanks!

29. REDd

November 7, 2018 - 11:20 pm

When will Missouri have the video visitation options?

November 8, 2018 - 10:46 am

Hi Wendy – Unfortunately not because Texas does not have JPay tablets. Thanks!

31. Wendy Owens

November 7, 2018 - 9:35 pm

Is this available for inmates in Amarillo,Tx ?

November 8, 2018 - 10:47 am

Hi Crystal – IL does not have JPay tablets. We have listed all participating locations in the blog post. Thanks!

33. Crystal

November 7, 2018 - 6:39 pm

Does Logan corrections in IL participate with these tablets? I want to get one for my sister

November 7, 2018 - 6:03 pm

Hi Carra – Customer Service will reach out to you directly to see if they remove the block. Thanks!

35. Carra Morgan

November 7, 2018 - 2:28 pm

Help! I have been getting the run around trying to upgrade my husbands tablet to the newest with the promo. 3 calls 3 different answers. We need the block taken off of his account so he can place the order. We want to spend money on your products and services… Please call me-
    Carra 509-308-9720

November 7, 2018 - 6:04 pm

Hi Alicia – Every promotion is different. If Louisiana participates in the next promotion we will inform all customers. Thanks!

37. Alicia Young

November 7, 2018 - 2:15 pm

Will this 25% discount be afforded to any Louisiana DOC locations any time soon? And if so, when?

November 7, 2018 - 6:05 pm

Hi Michelle – Unfortunately JPay tablets are not available in Colorado. Thanks!

39. Michelle Shelden

November 7, 2018 - 12:37 pm

Are the tablets avail at Bent County Correctional Facility in Las Animas Co?

November 7, 2018 - 11:46 am

Hi Kim – We apologize for the inconvenience however Customer Service is the department that can help. Please continue to work with them. Thanks!

41. Kim

November 7, 2018 - 11:45 am

I purchased a replacement player on 3/30/2017. The player has not been working correctly for almost 2 months. Several tickets have been submitted, but we are no closer to getting a fix to the problem. I need to get this resolved so I can remain in contact with my family member. I have called customer service and they told me to post this request. Thank you.

November 7, 2018 - 11:46 am

Hi Angela – Yes, that is the discounted price. Thanks!

43. Angela Smith Holley

November 7, 2018 - 11:45 am

How do you retrieve the 25%? Is the 97.74 the discount price?

November 7, 2018 - 11:32 am

Hi Kristen – The option to purchase a tablet should be available when you log into your JPay account. Where is your loved one located? Thanks!

45. kristen emmons

November 7, 2018 - 11:30 am

I am trying to purchase a tablet for my loved one but I have not been able to figure out where to go to get it. Is there anyone that can help me?

November 7, 2018 - 10:58 am

Hi Kelli – Yes you can! The JP5s with the promotional price will be available for purchase through your JPay account. Thanks!

47. Kelli N

November 7, 2018 - 10:57 am

I would like to upgrade from the JP4 to the JP7 for a female inmate at ORW in Ohio. Can I purchase that online??

November 7, 2018 - 11:01 am

Hi Jane – Customer Service just sent you an email! Thanks!

49. Jane

November 7, 2018 - 10:41 am

My step-son is at the Marion Ohio Correctional facility and he has an older model that isn’t working. Is this available for him? How much will it cost? I don’t see an option when I am logged into Jpay.com to purchase it for him. Do I fund his media account? If so, again, I need to know how much it will cost.

Jane

November 7, 2018 - 11:02 am

Hi Penelope – If the promotion is available to you/your loved one, then you’ll see the option to purchase the JP5 tablet through your JPay account. If you’re having trouble, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help. Thanks!

51. Penelope Howell

November 7, 2018 - 10:23 am

Hi i’m trying to order the jp5 and having trouble -can you walk me thru it-thank you

November 7, 2018 - 11:03 am

Hi Fred – Please email pressinquiries@JPay.com and we’ll look into this matter for you. Thanks!

53. fred Castetter

November 7, 2018 - 6:26 am

my stepson ordered one through the prison and never received it. We were told it was returned to Jpay but have no proof that it was ever returned. We have not been able to get any help from Jpay, Fedex or FDOC in locating it.

November 7, 2018 - 11:04 am

Hi Carolyn – Florida is not participating in this promotion. Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you purchase a tablet and provide more information on the services offered. If your loved one already has a tablet then you might receive the error message. Thanks!

55. Carolyn

November 7, 2018 - 2:25 am

Do you offer the 25% off for Lowell correctional in Ocala, Florida? Is j-pay the only place approved for tablets that we can buy for our love one? Every time I try to purchase the tablet it says error. How much are the tablets? Can the prison get wifi and does it cost, how much for music downloads & other adds like games etc…….

November 7, 2018 - 11:05 am

Hi Morris – If your friend has a JP5mini he can purchase a JP5s for the promotional 25% off price. Since he owns a tablet, only he can purchase that version from the kiosk. Thanks!

57. Morris

November 6, 2018 - 9:34 pm

My friend is in Grafton CI in Ohio. His JP 5 tablet is dying. Can I purchase a replacement? Also there is no link to purchase on your site.

November 7, 2018 - 11:06 am

Hi Patti – The promotional pricing is set and displayed for the participating locations. If you’re having issues with a participating location, please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

59. Patti Tilford

November 6, 2018 - 9:34 pm

I hope that the 25% will come off the price when the loved one buy’s it, cause it doesn’t show the discount price and want to know will the loved one get refunded for the 25%. should be like $97.50, for the player.

November 7, 2018 - 11:12 am

Hi Margaret – If your loved one does not own a tablet OR if they own a JP3/4 or the JP5mini then they can take advantage of the promotion. If your loved one does not own a tablet, you can purchase one for them. In this scenario, you’ll see the promotional pricing listed when you attempt to purchase the tablet through your JPay account. If your loved one does own a JP3/4 or a JP5mini, then only your loved one can purchase an upgrade from the kiosk. Thanks!

61. Margaret Cipolla

November 6, 2018 - 9:24 pm

I have a friend in Lake Erie Correctional can it be purchased for there and if so how, I do not see anywhere to purchase it. Also what is the price.

November 7, 2018 - 11:15 am

Hi Kelli – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this request. Thanks!

63. Kelli L Bailey

November 6, 2018 - 8:26 pm

I purchased the JP5 last week for my loved one, it’s still pending. Can I get it for the promotional price? Or cancel that order and reorder it? That’s a difference of $35, I’d much rather put that money on his books for food or other essentials to get.

November 7, 2018 - 11:15 am

Hi Moreen – You’ll be able to see the promotional price when you attempt to purchase the tablet through your JPay account. Thanks!

65. Moreen R Parrish

November 6, 2018 - 7:37 pm

How much is the tablet ?

November 7, 2018 - 11:17 am

Hi Danielle – Customer Service will reach out to you directly. Thanks!

67. Danielle Bender

November 6, 2018 - 6:48 pm

I need help! My loved one has the small player in Washington State and I want to get him the bigger one but we don’t have the option to buy one because he already has one and your service department is telling us that we have to put in a ticket to request this but that will take 14 days and we will miss the promotion. Please help!

November 7, 2018 - 11:19 am

Hi Marie – Please email support@jpay.com or call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative who can help you with this request. Thanks!

69. Marie Eldred

November 6, 2018 - 6:39 pm

My son arrived at a NJ facility last week, and it shows as participating in this offer. He ordered his tablet last week. He has not received it yet. Can he still get this discount? It hardly seems fair if not. He would have waited if he knew about the promotion.

November 6, 2018 - 4:44 pm

Hi Glenda – Unfortunately VA is not participating in the promotion. The participating locations include Idaho DOC, Minnesota DOC, Nebraska DOC, New Jersey DOC, North Dakota DOC (as well as DWCRC), Ohio DOC, TAFT Correctional Institution in California, West Tennessee State Penitentiary (female population) in Tennessee and Washington DOC.

71. Glenda

November 6, 2018 - 4:36 pm

My husband is in prison in Virginia. he ahs the small Jpay tablet, is he eligible for the 25% off upgrade.

November 6, 2018 - 4:42 pm

Hi Linda – If your loved one does not have a tablet he can purchase one with this promotion or you can purchase it for him! Once he has the tablet he can write/save/read emails on that tablet and so much more. Thanks!

73. Linda L. Utterdyke

November 6, 2018 - 4:35 pm

Love one is in Lake Erie Correctional Institution, Conneaut, Ohio and has no tablet. Is it availabe for use at that correctional institution for emails or will that be coming later this month?

November 6, 2018 - 4:06 pm

Hi Maria – North Central in Ohio? If he has a JP5mini he can upgrade to the JP7 with the promotion. Thanks!

75. Maria

November 6, 2018 - 3:57 pm

My brother is in North Central and has the small one will he be able to get the big tablet and also when will North Central get the ones where they can do video chat with their loved ones

November 6, 2018 - 3:30 pm

Hi Juile – Is that Madison Correctional in Ohio? If so – if your son currently owns a JP5 tablet then the promotion would not be available. If he does not own a tablet or owns a JP3/4, then the promotion is available for him/you. Thanks!

77. Juile

November 6, 2018 - 3:07 pm

My son is at MaCI

November 6, 2018 - 2:42 pm

Hi Marti – Incarcerated individuals in Georgia receive JP5 tablets. Thanks!

79. MARTI WALKER

November 6, 2018 - 2:38 pm

I was wondering if someone could tell me when or if the Institutions in Georgia are going to receive updated tablets. Currently I think they have JP3 tablets. But I am not sure, but I can find out.

Thank you in advance for your kind attention.

Marti Walker

November 6, 2018 - 2:43 pm

Hi Kimberly – If you do not have the option then the promotion is not available for your loved one at this time. Thanks!

81. Kimberly Danon

November 6, 2018 - 2:02 pm

Thank you but the problem is, I can’t see any option to purchase it.

November 6, 2018 - 2:43 pm

Hi Marla – If your loved one can receive a new tablet through this promotion you’ll be able to see the price when you log into your JPay account and attempt to purchase the device during the promotional period. Thanks!

83. Marla Sheely

November 6, 2018 - 1:58 pm

how much is the JP5

84. Marla Sheely

November 6, 2018 - 1:57 pm

how much is the JP5? My friend already has one but not the new one.

November 6, 2018 - 2:44 pm

Hi Dee – If your loved one can receive a tablet through this promotion then you will see the option to purchase the tablet when you log into your JPay account. The promotional price will be listed. Thanks!

86. Dee

November 6, 2018 - 1:43 pm

How many credits do I need to put into the Media Account to purchase the JP5 tablet? Can I purchase it and have you send it?

November 6, 2018 - 2:45 pm

Hi Tamiko – Of course! You can call 800-574-5729 to speak with a customer service representative. Thanks!

88. Tamiko

November 6, 2018 - 1:30 pm

Is there a way we can call and order it because through the computer is much more difficult especially for the not so computer savvy? I’m trying to find the price after the percentage and so on and it is proving not so easy to find. Also is If I can’t call in and order is there a step by step way to order this computer before the sale is over?

November 6, 2018 - 1:24 pm

Hi Kimberly – You can purchase the tablet for your loved one if he does not currently have a tablet OR if he’s upgrading from a JP3/4. If available, the option and pricing will show in your JPay account when you try to purchase. Thanks!

90. Kimberly Danon

November 6, 2018 - 1:01 pm

It says if there is not an option to buy the player to fund your loved ones account so they can buy it. How do you know how much to put on there account? The price is not stated anywhere that I can see. Does this mean he is not eligible? He is in London, OH

Thanks

November 6, 2018 - 1:24 pm

Hi Juile – Where is your son located? Thanks!

92. Juile

November 6, 2018 - 12:56 pm

How do I know how much to fund my sons media account with so that he can buy one, if the only way to find out the price is to “click to purchase a tablet”, and that is not an option for me?? Please let me know a price.

November 6, 2018 - 1:27 pm

Hi Sallie – You can purchase a tablet for your loved one in Ohio if he/she currently does not own a tablet, or if he/she is upgrading from a JP3/4 tablet. Those are the options in Ohio. For example, if your loved one currently owns a JP5 tablet, the option to purchase a new one for the promotion won’t be available. Thanks!

94. Sallie

November 6, 2018 - 12:54 pm

Please explain what all this tablet can do in Ohio and why I can’t find a link that gives me that info?

November 6, 2018 - 12:36 pm

Hi Karen – Ohio does not currently have the Movie Store application. Ohio does offer education, including free KA Lite videos. Thanks!

96. Karen J Smith

November 6, 2018 - 12:34 pm

Does the Richland Correctional facility in Ohio offer education and movie rental on the tablets? How much would each movie rental be? Does their dorm need wifi for it to work?

November 6, 2018 - 12:14 pm

Hi Peggy – The 25% off promotion is the perfect time to purchase a tablet for your loved one. When you log into your account and click to purchase the tablet, the promotional price will be displayed. Thanks!

98. Peggy Simpson-Stevens

November 6, 2018 - 10:13 am

Hello, I was wondering how much the tablets cost. I wanted to get one for my son, but I need to make sure I can afford it.

Newer Comments »